Equanimity's First Grow - Lemon Kush - Canna Coco - CFL

im not seeing a picture showing what ur talking about but if its not fungus then it is a trichome.

it will be your Sweat Leaf.

I&i

Something like this?

20140712_201222.jpg

i can only pray for this kind of action

i will admit mine looks heavier in resin then normal but i will say this..

that picture is of Platinum GSC its a extremely heavier in thc, but not a heavy yield. ive got two plants going now around 7' tall and 6' in diameter. the GSC strain likes to stretch.

I&i

i will admit mine looks heavier in resin then normal but i will say this..

that picture is of Platinum GSC its a extremely heavier in thc, but not a heavy yield. ive got two plants going now around 7' tall and 6' in diameter. the GSC strain likes to stretch.

I&i

I'm not sure what to expect from mine but i didn't expect them to be sticky and to smell like they do at this stage, I'm only like a fortnight or so into flower. I'm hoping to have something smokable by the end of august; what do you reckon my chances are?

I'm not sure what to expect from mine but i didn't expect them to be sticky and to smell like they do at this stage, I'm only like a fortnight or so into flower. I'm hoping to have something smokable by the end of august; what do you reckon my chances are?

your plant will most likely be ready to harvest around mid to late august. smokable, i would say more like first week or two of September. depending on the strain (ive never grown lemon kush) it could be done in 3-4 weeks from now. just keep checking the trichomes to see if about 50% roughly have become a redish (amber) color. then she is ready to harvest and cure.

I&i

your plant will most likely be ready to harvest around mid to late august. smokable, i would say more like first week or two of September. depending on the strain (ive never grown lemon kush) it could be done in 3-4 weeks from now. just keep checking the trichomes to see if about 50% roughly have become a redish (amber) color. then she is ready to harvest and cure.

I&i

Should i begin researching curing now?

It's the part I'm most afraid of; i don't want to end up with mouldy buds, I'll cry if that happens.

curing is where the best finest product can be ruined in a day or few.. i highly recommend researching proper ways to cure and find the best method that you like for yourself and grow area.

if you have a little spending money.. look into C-vaults.

I&i

curing is where the best finest product can be ruined in a day or few.. i highly recommend researching proper ways to cure and find the best method that you like for yourself and grow area.

if you have a little spending money.. look into C-vaults.

I&i

Curing scares the shit out of me. I don't have any money to be spending on owt fancy, so it'll be basic methods. which has been the theme for the whole grow thus far.

I'm following a guide on a website i found before i started growing; not shre I'm allowed to mention it here but it's owned by a chick with green hair, i imagine that narrows it down lol anyway, I'm looking at her curing method and a few others. i know i need jars or something similar (I've procured some large coffee drums, not sure if they're suitable or if glass is a prerequisite) and i know I'll want some humidipaks to stop the humidity dropping below 63%.

the rest is fuzzy thus far.

i would stay away from metal containers. ive never researched the main reason but i do know from handling metal in the past that it leaves a nasty smell on your hands so i feel it would do the same to your flowers.

best basic method i have heard (doesnt need the humidor packs if you are saving money)

Large mason jar, fill it 75% full (not packed)
store this jar (i prefer in a crown royal bag added extra darkness)
in a nice dark cupboard that wont be opened often.
Open and take the lid off the jar once every day for a few seconds some will go minutes.

This is referred to as Burping.

However this is all done after you have

Cut and Trim the major fan leafs off leaving the smaller sweat leaf on so they dont over dry, but your fan leafs wont dry up and cover your entire nugs locking in that wet smell (hay smell)
hang your plants to dry for a week or so depending on how soaked your soil was before you cut and how thick them nugs become. if waited till the medium is dry it wont take as long to cure but still will take some time.

Then go about ur curing in jars.

I&i

hope this helps and i hope others chime in as well.
as i know mines far from the only method and u need more methods to mix together!! ;)

Dude, you will have something smokable by the end of August, but do something like the award winning cheese grate method of acquiring a taste for the smoke. Sacrifice a bud in the interest of Science or Impatience. Remember I bet you that you would get three jars at least. Those white things are your flower petals--not really, more like the individual flowers on a lilac that join together to make an entire blossom.

That green haired girl's way is easy to follow, BTW. Easy things are good. Just saying. Your next stage is watching to see your girls actually bloom. I DEMAND baby pictures in sharp detail and posted on my thread, so I can show them off.
:cheer:
As always,
Marion

i would stay away from metal containers. ive never researched the main reason but i do know from handling metal in the past that it leaves a nasty smell on your hands so i feel it would do the same to your flowers.

best basic method i have heard (doesnt need the humidor packs if you are saving money)

Large mason jar, fill it 75% full (not packed)
store this jar (i prefer in a crown royal bag added extra darkness)
in a nice dark cupboard that wont be opened often.
Open and take the lid off the jar once every day for a few seconds some will go minutes.

This is referred to as Burping.

However this is all done after you have

Cut and Trim the major fan leafs off leaving the smaller sweat leaf on so they dont over dry, but your fan leafs wont dry up and cover your entire nugs locking in that wet smell (hay smell)
hang your plants to dry for a week or so depending on how soaked your soil was before you cut and how thick them nugs become. if waited till the medium is dry it wont take as long to cure but still will take some time.

Then go about ur curing in jars.

I&i

hope this helps and i hope others chime in as well.
as i know mines far from the only method and u need more methods to mix together!! ;)

Looked into harvesting processes, all seemz pretty straightforward, it's the curing that scares me lol

I've got no metal jars, will need to look for some. I hope they're not expensive lol i never knew that about the metal; the coffee tubs are mostly carboard lined with foil, though the bottoms are metal.

I'll need to hit the charity shops me thinks :)

thanks for your advice man.

Back
Top Bottom