Farside05's Science Fair Project

Which way do you think will turn out best?

• Total voters
:rofl::rofl:

What's up with the updates Far?
I'm Anxious to see what your girls are looking like my friend.

Was going to do one yesterday but got tied up on household projects. Will try to get one up later tonight.

Day 76/Day 43 of 12/12

Election Day. A big day for weed in a lot of states. Hope it passes in all of them.

The rundown on the girls. #1's buds are swelling and her branches are already yielding to the weight. For now I've lashed the branches together with pipe cleaners and that seems to work. #2's buds, although plentiful, are small and fluffy. I'm hoping that she's just slow to develope. She did take a long time to even show bud. If all her buds do decide to swell and firm up, she could finish nicely. #3 is more similar to #1, just a bit smaller and about a week behind.

XL16.JPG

XL24.JPG

XL34.JPG

I'm interested to find out too. I have an early sample that's about dry enough to smoke. I was trimming #1 last week and slipped with the razor knife. Cut about 3/4 the way through the branch so it wasn't salvageable. The CBD is supposed to increase later on in the cycle, but it may still give some insight what's in store. She's needing something that she can use while working that's not too spacey and doesn't put her to sleep.

Watered and did the routine maintenance on the girls last night. Was going to shoot some pics, went to snap the first and the battery on the camera died. Oh well. #1 leads the way, her buds have swelled nicely and if that continues I could have some baseball bat colas. #2, it appears her buds may finally be putting on some weight and firming up some. Still has a long way to go. In maturity I would say shes several weeks behind. She is the tallest and I had to bend over her tops some so that she doesn't hit the lights. #3's buds are fatter but still not as swollen as #1. There is more leaf between sets of buds. I say she's a week or two behind #1. I stopped the "science fair" portion of this thread about 2 weeks ago and I'm feeding them all the bloom mix. There might have been a small advantage to switching to the bloom feed, but mainly I have chosen it because the PH of it comes out between 6.35 and 6.50 with my RO water without any further adjusting. Its just a time saver, and with no drastic difference between the two methods, I like simplicity. I'll try to get some photos up soon. I have a ton of household projects going on and I also have some homebrew that (Chocolate Milk Stout) that needs some attention today too.

:passitleft:

Hal, where you at? What was the name of the camera again, your daughters one? Miss ya bud, hope all are well mate...

Hal, where you at? What was the name of the camera again, your daughters one? Miss ya bud, hope all are well mate...

Been doing a kitchen remodel. New counter tops, tile backsplash, dishwasher, sink, cooktop, and garbage disposal. Still some more to finish but probably 75% done.

My daughters camera is a Nikon Coolpix L840.

The girls are still plugging along. #2's buds are fattening more, but slower than I'd like. The fragrance in the tent is picking up at things are getting closer to the finish line. Hopefully in a couple more weeks I can harvest this grow (at least #1 & #3 since i think #2 will go a bit longer). Then I'll probably shut down operations for a little bit. I'm trying to get the house ready so I can have appraiser come in. I want to do a refinance and I don't need the appraiser seeing a grow tent set up in the closet when they come through.

Man that kitchen is looking good bro. I had to harvest a little sooner then expected on my grow.
Checked them the other day and they was around 70/30 so I set them in the dark for 48hrs. Just checked
the other two today and they are ready as well. Funny your taking a break as I was going to do the same thing.
Think I got enough stock to last me for a few months.lol
Looking forward to seeing your girls when you get some photos up.

Keep it green my friend!!

Thanks mate, copied and pasted into my notes... good luck with the valuation...

Chopped #1 today. Got 6 good colas, not a lot of lower smaller bud. Can't say I'm a fan of this strain. All they wanted to do was go upward, which isn't a good thing in my little tent. Now watch, the wife will love it and I'll be stuck growing it again. That's exactly where I am now. I'm gonna take a month or two off after this grow, but when I fire up operations again she wants me to grow some more Ice Cool. I said I wouldn't grow it again because it was a pain in the ass to manicure and a poor producer, although it was only my second grow and I've gotten much better since then. I grew the auto version last time (free seed). I would consider growing the photo in hopes of getting a better yield, but it was the auto she liked and I'm afraid there may be enough difference between the two that she may not like the photo version as much. Decisions decisions.

Haven't weighed her yet but 3 jars from#1. Probably the least amount of shrinkage when drying of any of my grows. #2 and #3 fall tomorrow. #2's buds never did get rock hard but are abundant. Should make for good budder anyway, and that's the wife's preferred method of medicating anymore. The mother in law is also on the cookie train.

Well the harvest is over, everything is dried and into jars to cure, minus and ounce and a half of butter bud that is currently in the Magical Butter machine. That should make about 160 "Merry Christmas" cookies. Total haul from the 3 plants was 8.65 ounces. Not great but more than adequate to try out a 1:1 strain.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Well done mate... hope she finds another one she likes..

i read 3 times did i miss the bit where the results of the increased pk was released?
i know this is old but is popping up under me lol and i wana know what happened reault wise

Back
Top Bottom