Farside05's Science Fair Project

Which way do you think will turn out best?

• Total voters
Here we go. Grow #5. This round I’ll be growing four Painkiller XLs by Royal Queen Seeds. It’s the first time I’m growing all of the same strain so I’m going to use the opportunity as an experiment. Here is the premise: It’s been stated by the President of Dyna-Gro (the nute line I use), that bloom nutrients with higher P and K values are not necessary for growing cannabis indoors, and that their Foliage-Pro product, along with Pro-Tekt is sufficient from start to finish. I’ve used this approach in the past and have had decent results. The question becomes, am I leaving anything on the table by not going the more conventional route and incorporating a bloom formula? So here is the plan. All four plants will be fed the same until the flip to a 12/12 light cycle. At that time I will feed two plants a mixture only Foliage-Pro and Pro-Tekt, and the other two will get a different mix that lessens the Foliage-Pro and adds Bloom and Mag-Pro.

I will feed the control plants Foliage-Pro and Pro-Tekt mixed to achieve a 7-2-5 NPK ratio during veg, and a 5-2-5 NPK ratio during flowering. This closely matches the data I complied from tissue samples published by Advanced Nutrients.

Optimal_NPK.jpg

The test plants will be fed the same 7-2-5 NPK ratio during veg, but will be switched to a 3-5-5 NPK ratio during flowering. That mix was chosen from Dyna-Gro’s generic soil feeding schedule and is also close to Green House Seeds 1-2-2 NPK ratio that they use during their grow session videos on YouTube.

Calculator_Tables.jpg

Ultimately the feed schedules will look something like this. The EC will be the same for both schedules, but arrived at using a different formula of products.

FP_PT.jpg

Bloom8.jpg

I realize that to have the best true comparison, all the plants should be clones instead of from seed, as to eliminate the variable of different phenotypes. I’ll just have to accept that variable and hope to get a general feel of which works best.

The particulars:
Seeds: Royal Queen Painkiller XL from Herbies
Growing Media: Pro Mix BX
Pots: 5 gallon fabric grow bags
Lights: 4 Mars Hydro Old Style 300w LEDs (140w actual draw each)
Tent: 32”x32”
Ventilation: 27” oscillating tower fan
Filtration: Carbon filter attached to a 240CFM fan vented to outside
Water: Reverse Osmosis, 11 PPM
Target PH: 6.2-6.8

Hope you join me in my Science Fair Project.

Seeds arrived this morning and were put into Jiffy pellets to sprout. Let the games begin!

Hats off to Herbies. Ordered on Monday and had them by Saturday. Fastest time yet.

Subbed... Now let the real hijacking begin :rofl::rofl:

Welcome Grizz. I won't mind at all. I enjoy threads with plenty of camaraderie, BS, and a little growing info mixed in.

subbbed ,great idea im truelly interested to see your results , thanks mate doing some research for us all i think this makes youteam australias head of plant reasearch !.

subbbed ,great idea im truelly interested to see your results , thanks mate doing some research for us all i think this makes youteam australias head of plant reasearch !.

I'm here in the USA but more than welcome to accept any title bestowed upon me. I enjoy hanging with all the Aussie boys on here, although sometimes I have no idea what the hell they're saying. Marijuana seems to be a universal language though that transcends cultural boundaries.

I've heard of this experiment being conducted before, and the grow fertilizer from beginning to end wins out. I've been doing that since I've started growing about a year ago, mainly for simplicity while I learn. What bothers me about it is I can't find an actual thread of the results, just anecdotal evidence. I enjoy the science of it all but am in no way a botinist. I also like concrete proof of theories (probably why I'm not real spiritual) so I want to prove it one way or another to myself.

Fair dinkum cobber, leave it out shaggs, we all talking English the way it's supposed to be spoken :rofl::rofl::rofl: :sorry:

:rofl: Love it. It is probably more English than they speek around my parts. I moved from the Midwest of the USA to the deep south. There's some things they do grammatically around here that still make me cringe. That and they put enough sugar in their iced tea to get diabetes with just one glass.

:rofl: Love it. It is probably more English than they speek around my parts. I moved from the Midwest of the USA to the deep south. There's some things they do grammatically around here that still make me cringe. That and they put enough sugar in their iced tea to get diabetes with just one glass.

I always have to mix the sweet tea with unsweetened tea.

Hi mates. :bongrip:

Seeds arrived this morning and were put into Jiffy pellets to sprout. Let the games begin!

Hats off to Herbies. Ordered on Monday and had them by Saturday. Fastest time yet.

They seem on top of it Far. I have got beans in the past from
Them and always top notch strains, service and shipping.

Back
Top Bottom