Fem Seed Producing Attempt

Looks good, give them plenty of time to mature.

I was thinking i'd wait until they were falling out. then hang dry the plants with the seed inside. i feel like this would be best as that's how i've always found my bag seeds lol.

I was thinking i'd wait until they were falling out. then hang dry the plants with the seed inside. i feel like this would be best as that's how i've always found my bag seeds lol.

I don't know how long you have to go, but seeds apparently take from five to eight weeks to mature.

I don't know how long you have to go, but seeds apparently take from five to eight weeks to mature.

shit lol. i thought it was 4 or 5 weeks. that's ok. they're in soil getting fed once a week so it's just nice n' relaxing. i can see how soil buds would be much smaller than hydro buds now.

I'm late to this party. Yeah I tried it too it was my first attempt. Got enough pollen for 2 seeds lol. I'll be trying STS the next run.

yeah, out of 4 strains i think only one was viable. i just need the silver nitrate to make some STS now.

Usually you’ll have some viable (mature and dark coloured) seeds within a month, along with some underdeveloped slowpokes.

Congrats on the seeds :thumb: I don’t seem to have gotten any from this last CS attempt. Still hoping there might be one or two hiding in there somewhere though.

lbs of soduim thiosulphate
Start selling STS on eBay...? :hmmmm:

Colloidal silver is a fine medicine. I apply it to my open wounds to prevent infections. That guy who got blue skin because of colloidal silver admitted that he ingested crazy amounts of colloidal silver for a prolonged period of time to induce that syndrome specifically. But to be honest i prefer STS. 2 sprays and i’m done. So easy and effective.

Usually you’ll have some viable (mature and dark coloured) seeds within a month, along with some underdeveloped slowpokes.

Congrats on the seeds :thumb: I don’t seem to have gotten any from this last CS attempt. Still hoping there might be one or two hiding in there somewhere though.

Start selling STS on eBay...? :hmmmm:
I just asked my other friend who has access to lots of silver nitrate to try grab some. I would definitely consider selling in ebay if it tested to work properly. Hopefully you get at least a couple seeds broski. I'm hoping the any seeds I get will actually sprout. I've heard that can be a thing too

Colloidal silver is a fine medicine. I apply it to my open wounds to prevent infections. That guy who got blue skin because of colloidal silver admitted that he ingested crazy amounts of colloidal silver for a prolonged period of time to induce that syndrome specifically. But to be honest i prefer STS. 2 sprays and i’m done. So easy and effective.
I used it to help an infection in my nose. When I used it the pain and burning started to go away. Then I stopped using it and it came back. Started using g it again 2 days ago and I now have relief again for the first time I weeks. I'm using it until the infection is gone this time.

I used it to help an infection in my nose. When I used it the pain and burning started to go away. Then I stopped using it and it came back. Started using g it again 2 days ago and I now have relief again for the first time I weeks. I'm using it until the infection is gone this time.

Here are two opinions on the same page. I stand somewhere in between. Between big corporate not letting you know and small, greedy bastards taking advantage of cancer patients. I think i’d do a couple hits of the purest stuff if i was that uncomfortable but also see a doctor. Definitely.

I just asked my other friend who has access to lots of silver nitrate to try grab some. I would definitely consider selling in ebay if it tested to work properly. Hopefully you get at least a couple seeds broski. I'm hoping the any seeds I get will actually sprout. I've heard that can be a thing too

Mixed together, the shelf life is very limited. Better to buy silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate stocks separately. Very easy to mix.

Mixed together, the shelf life is very limited. Better to buy silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate stocks separately. Very easy to mix.

so i'd be looking for silver nitrate in powder form i suppose?

when i worked in the fire assay lab, we used the left over silver hydrochloric acid mix was called liquid silver nitrate. we would give each crucible a squirt of it before putting in the furnace. when you poured the lava from the crucibles it would form a thick layer of glass we called slag. you'd smash the slag off of each sample that was poured into a baking pan kinda thing with cone shaped holes. under the smashed out glass would be a lump of lead about the size of a hersey kiss. we'd then melt that into little cement looking things called capells. they would absorb all the lead and turn green leaving behind a piece of silver about the size of a bb for a bb gun.

then the next department would take that silver and desolve it in the acid leaving behind a piece of gold about the size of a fly shit lol. the left over acid is the silver nitrate that we would then use again throughout the whole process.

I mixed 200ml of Part A, and 200 ml of Part B. They've been stored in amber bottles in the fridge. They've been there for six months, without discoloring, or forming precipitates. I'd say they're still good. The working solution I made six months ago looked still good as well. It was stored the same way. I used it, and a new batch in my current grow, so I can't say whether or not the old solution was still good.

Just don't let the light at it, and keep it cool. If there's any discoloration of the silver nitrate solution, or the STS working solution, discard them and make a new batch.

i just ordered 25g of silver nitrate. according the recipe i'm looking at it's .5 grams per quart of mixed solution and 2.5 Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous OR 3.9Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate my buddy says he thinks it's Anhydrous but he's gonna confirm for me.

so i'll probably have enough to supply the entire forum LMAO

i just ordered 25g of silver nitrate. according the recipe i'm looking at it's .5 grams per quart of mixed solution and 2.5 Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous OR 3.9Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate my buddy says he thinks it's Anhydrous but he's gonna confirm for me.

so i'll probably have enough to supply the entire forum LMAO

Yes. I've shipped it in liquid and dry forms. Dry is much cheaper to ship.

I mixed 200ml of Part A, and 200 ml of Part B. They've been stored in amber bottles in the fridge. They've been there for six months, without discoloring, or forming precipitates. I'd say they're still good. The working solution I made six months ago looked still good as well. It was stored the same way. I used it, and a new batch in my current grow, so I can't say whether or not the old solution was still good.

Just don't let the light at it, and keep it cool. If there's any discoloration of the silver nitrate solution, or the STS working solution, discard them and make a new batch.

I store my stuff the same way. As Part A and Part B in the fridge. I mix it as i need it.

I could sell the 2 parts on ebay if my first batch works. it's probably closer to 7lbs of the sodium powder, i should try make a few bucks off of it as i'll never use all that myself. i'd love to be giving out a "pay shipping only " code to some of the folks here one day lol. this is the recipe i'm looking at.

Stock Solution A

• Fill the pyrex 2-cup measure to the 500ml line with r/o water
  • Measure .5 Grams of Silver Nitrate using the digital scale
  • Slowly pour the silver nitrate crystals in to the 500ml of r/o water while stirring
  • Stir until dissolved (15 seconds)
  • Pour the solution in to the 500ml brown glass bottle and cap it tightly
  • LABEL the bottle "STS PART A" in a clear and long lasting fashion
  • Thoroughly wash and rinse the pyrex measuring cup
Stock Solution B
  • Fill the pyrex 2-cup measure to the 500ml mark with r/o water
  • Measure 2.5 Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous OR 3.9Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate
  • Add the Sodium Thiosulfate to the r/o water while stirring
  • Stir until completely dissolved (30-45 seconds)
  • Pour the Sodium Thiosulfate solution in to a 500ml brown glass bottle and cap it tightly
  • LABEL the bottle "STS PART B" in a clear and long lasting fashion
  • Throughly wash and rinse the pyrex measuring cup
Mixing and Diluting the Stock Solutions Before Spraying

ALWAYS Mix Part A in to Part B! This means putting part B in a container first and then adding part A while stirring. The measurements listed here make 1 quart, which fits the size of the sprayer and bottles I posted above. This amount provides plenty of solution for a 2' tall plant, sprayed every 5 days for 30 days.
When stored in a dark cool place, the mixed solution is effective for approximately 1 month. The A and B solutions will be effective for at least 6 months.
For 1 Quart of Solution: which will fit the sprayer listed:
  • Use a 60cc syringe and suck up 50ml of Part B solution
  • Gently squirt the Part B solution in to the Pyrex measuring cup
  • Completely rinse the syringe or use a second clean syringe
  • Suck up 50cc of Part B Solution
  • While stirring the stock solution in the measuring cup rapidly gently squirt the 50cc's of Part A solution in to the measuring cup. Go slowly, yet quickly enough to completely mix them within 30 seconds.

Then it goes on about light proofing and safety equipment.

I could sell the 2 parts on ebay if my first batch works. it's probably closer to 7lbs of the sodium powder, i should try make a few bucks off of it as i'll never use all that myself. i'd love to be giving out a "pay shipping only " code to some of the folks here one day lol. this is the recipe i'm looking at.

Stock Solution A

• Fill the pyrex 2-cup measure to the 500ml line with r/o water
  • Measure .5 Grams of Silver Nitrate using the digital scale
  • Slowly pour the silver nitrate crystals in to the 500ml of r/o water while stirring
  • Stir until dissolved (15 seconds)
  • Pour the solution in to the 500ml brown glass bottle and cap it tightly
  • LABEL the bottle "STS PART A" in a clear and long lasting fashion
  • Thoroughly wash and rinse the pyrex measuring cup
Stock Solution B
  • Fill the pyrex 2-cup measure to the 500ml mark with r/o water
  • Measure 2.5 Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous OR 3.9Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate
  • Add the Sodium Thiosulfate to the r/o water while stirring
  • Stir until completely dissolved (30-45 seconds)
  • Pour the Sodium Thiosulfate solution in to a 500ml brown glass bottle and cap it tightly
  • LABEL the bottle "STS PART B" in a clear and long lasting fashion
  • Throughly wash and rinse the pyrex measuring cup
Mixing and Diluting the Stock Solutions Before Spraying

ALWAYS Mix Part A in to Part B! This means putting part B in a container first and then adding part A while stirring. The measurements listed here make 1 quart, which fits the size of the sprayer and bottles I posted above. This amount provides plenty of solution for a 2' tall plant, sprayed every 5 days for 30 days.
When stored in a dark cool place, the mixed solution is effective for approximately 1 month. The A and B solutions will be effective for at least 6 months.
For 1 Quart of Solution: which will fit the sprayer listed:
  • Use a 60cc syringe and suck up 50ml of Part B solution
  • Gently squirt the Part B solution in to the Pyrex measuring cup
  • Completely rinse the syringe or use a second clean syringe
  • Suck up 50cc of Part B Solution
  • While stirring the stock solution in the measuring cup rapidly gently squirt the 50cc's of Part A solution in to the measuring cup. Go slowly, yet quickly enough to completely mix them within 30 seconds.

Then it goes on about light proofing and safety equipment.

I weigh the water for better accuracy. 500ml = 500gm.
When you get the silver nitrate, look up the CAS number. It will tell you whether you have the anhydrous or pentahydrate version.

Back
Top Bottom