Fem Seed Producing Attempt

I weigh the water for better accuracy. 500ml = 500gm.
When you get the silver nitrate, look up the CAS number. It will tell you whether you have the anhydrous or pentahydrate version.

it never occurred to me to weight the water. i have such a hard time measuring 50ml for my pH testing solutions. if i did it on a scale instead would be a lot easier than eyeing up the line. this is a tip that will do me well forever lol.

Thanks!

I could sell the 2 parts on ebay if my first batch works. it's probably closer to 7lbs of the sodium powder, i should try make a few bucks off of it as i'll never use all that myself. i'd love to be giving out a "pay shipping only " code to some of the folks here one day lol. this is the recipe i'm looking at.

Stock Solution A

• Fill the pyrex 2-cup measure to the 500ml line with r/o water
  • Measure .5 Grams of Silver Nitrate using the digital scale
  • Slowly pour the silver nitrate crystals in to the 500ml of r/o water while stirring
  • Stir until dissolved (15 seconds)
  • Pour the solution in to the 500ml brown glass bottle and cap it tightly
  • LABEL the bottle "STS PART A" in a clear and long lasting fashion
  • Thoroughly wash and rinse the pyrex measuring cup
Stock Solution B
  • Fill the pyrex 2-cup measure to the 500ml mark with r/o water
  • Measure 2.5 Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous OR 3.9Grams of Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate
  • Add the Sodium Thiosulfate to the r/o water while stirring
  • Stir until completely dissolved (30-45 seconds)
  • Pour the Sodium Thiosulfate solution in to a 500ml brown glass bottle and cap it tightly
  • LABEL the bottle "STS PART B" in a clear and long lasting fashion
  • Throughly wash and rinse the pyrex measuring cup
Mixing and Diluting the Stock Solutions Before Spraying

ALWAYS Mix Part A in to Part B! This means putting part B in a container first and then adding part A while stirring. The measurements listed here make 1 quart, which fits the size of the sprayer and bottles I posted above. This amount provides plenty of solution for a 2' tall plant, sprayed every 5 days for 30 days.
When stored in a dark cool place, the mixed solution is effective for approximately 1 month. The A and B solutions will be effective for at least 6 months.
For 1 Quart of Solution: which will fit the sprayer listed:
  • Use a 60cc syringe and suck up 50ml of Part B solution
  • Gently squirt the Part B solution in to the Pyrex measuring cup
  • Completely rinse the syringe or use a second clean syringe
  • Suck up 50cc of Part B Solution
  • While stirring the stock solution in the measuring cup rapidly gently squirt the 50cc's of Part A solution in to the measuring cup. Go slowly, yet quickly enough to completely mix them within 30 seconds.

Then it goes on about light proofing and safety equipment.

My stocks are a bit stronger. The solutions i have are both 0.1N. It means 16.8gr of silver nitrate per litre of distilled water and 24.8gr of sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate per litre of water and then i mix them together at 1/2 to 1/4 ratios silver nitrate/sodium thiosulfate.

I haven’t really dialed that in yet. I think 1/1 would work just as well but this saves some silver nitrate stock and produces less stress for the plants. Then i dilute the STS with distilled water by 1/2. Or i can go 1/1 on the silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate and dilute it more. Like at 1/4. Yeah i’m gonna give that a try this run.

This is a strong solution that stresses the plant a bit but it works without much effort. 2-3 sprays total.

Once the day before i flip, once 4-6 days after and maybe once more if there aren’t any balls forming in a week after the second spray.

CS is just busy work when it comes to reversing. 3x a day for 15-21 days is just murder. Hahha.

My stocks are a bit stronger. The solutions i have are both 0.1N. It means 16.8gr of silver nitrate per litre of distilled water and 24.8gr of sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate per litre of water and then i mix them together at 1/2 to 1/4 ratios silver nitrate/sodium thiosulfate.

I haven’t really dialed that in yet. I think 1/1 would work just as well but this saves some silver nitrate stock and produces less stress for the plants. Then i dilute the STS with distilled water by 1/2. Or i can go 1/1 on the silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate and dilute it more. Like at 1/4. Yeah i’m gonna give that a try this run.

This is a strong solution that stresses the plant a bit but it works without much effort. 2-3 sprays total.

Once the day before i flip, once 4-6 days after and maybe once more if there aren’t any balls forming in a week after the second spray.

CS is just busy work when it comes to reversing. 3x a day for 15-21 days is just murder. Hahha.

As an example, do you mix 100ml of the silver nitrate solution, and 50ml of the sodium thiosulfate solution to produce 150ml of concentrate. For your working solution, you mix 75ml of water with your 150ml of concentrate to produce 225ml?

As an example, do you mix 100ml of the silver nitrate solution, and 50ml of the sodium thiosulfate solution to produce 150ml of concentrate. For your working solution, you mix 75ml of water with your 150ml of concentrate to produce 225ml?

No as an example lets say i mix 50ml of silver nitrate with 100ml of sodium thiosulate stock and dilute the resulting 150ml of STS with 150ml of distilled water. So 300ml total. But i never needed that much at one session. It’s mostly like 10ml of silver nitrate and 20ml of sodium thiosulfate. Gives me about 60ml of STS or something.

This run i might try 10ml silver nitrate, 10ml sodium thiosulfate and 120ml of distilled water.

Ps. now i see how the word ratio could be confusing hahha.

No as an example lets say i mix 50ml of silver nitrate with 100ml of sodium thiosulate stock and dilute the resulting 150ml of STS with 150ml of distilled water. So 300ml total. But i never needed that much at one session. It’s mostly like 10ml of silver nitrate and 20ml of sodium thiosulfate. Gives me about 60ml of STS or something.

This run i might try 10ml silver nitrate, 10ml sodium thiosulfate and 120ml of distilled water.

Ps. now i see how the word ratio could be confusing hahha.

I'm trying to refine my methodology. I've added this to my notes for use in my next run.

Last time I tried, I followed the standard directions, and painted it on a total of six times. I got a few pollen sacks, and over 200 seeds, but not what I wanted.

This run, I sprayed twice a day for a week before the flip. I'm currently spraying once per day, for a week. After that I intend spraying twice per week until I see the pollen sacks. This does not meet my work hard to be lazy philosophy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm trying to refine my methodology. I've added this to my notes for use in my next run.

Last time I tried, I followed the standard directions, and painted it on a total of six times. I got a few pollen sacks, and over 200 seeds, but not what I wanted.

This run, I sprayed twice a day for a week before the flip. I'm currently spraying once per day, for a week. After that I intend spraying twice per week until I see the pollen sacks. This does not meet my work hard to be lazy philosophy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good philosophy

This is my Dinachem “pollen mother” from the last run with 3 sprays. Once every 5 days. The last one was unnecessary imo but i did it anyway.

358C8F10-63DF-4EA1-97DC-3621CFB1C124.jpeg22040708-8433-441A-B57E-7443EB0DCE1B.jpeg

You see a bit of stress is there but the pollen was viable and the offspring is happy and healthy so no problems.

I pulled 1000+ seeds total from 4 plants in half gallon pots.

BF502039-4DDD-4CBB-969E-7E3549E80BE4.jpeg

Used about 1/3 of the pollen in total. Was probably overkill but i wanted to be sure. Plus so easy to reverse with STS, who cares.

Good philosophy

This is my Dinachem “pollen mother” from the last run with 3 sprays. Once every 5 days. The last one was unnecessary imo but i did it anyway.

358C8F10-63DF-4EA1-97DC-3621CFB1C124.jpeg22040708-8433-441A-B57E-7443EB0DCE1B.jpeg

You see a bit of stress is there but the pollen was viable and the offspring is happy and healthy so no problems.

I pulled 1000+ seeds total from 4 plants in half gallon pots.

BF502039-4DDD-4CBB-969E-7E3549E80BE4.jpeg

Used about 1/3 of the pollen in total. Was probably overkill but i wanted to be sure. Plus so easy to reverse with STS, who cares.
You had me at "pollen mother"

that's awesome.

been 4 weeks since the plants got the pollen. last week i noticed bugs in the soil so i chopped them yesterday. just started working on the critical kush. already have a couple hundred seeds from the lower branches. those were the easy ones to get, the bud it gonna get bone dried so i can easily get the rest.

once i get all the seeds out and cleaned up i'll get some pics. but the CS definitely works, although so do you when you use it lol. i sprayed min 3-4 times a day for 30 days. some days i did them 6-7 times, pretty much would spray them as soon as they were dry from the last round.

got 50g of silver nitrate and like 7 lb of sodium thiosulfate, so next time is gonna be STS and i'll be doing Auto Amnesia Fem in one tent and photo grand daddy purple in another tent and let them do themselves.

been 4 weeks since the plants got the pollen. last week i noticed bugs in the soil so i chopped them yesterday. just started working on the critical kush. already have a couple hundred seeds from the lower branches. those were the easy ones to get, the bud it gonna get bone dried so i can easily get the rest.

once i get all the seeds out and cleaned up i'll get some pics. but the CS definitely works, although so do you when you use it lol. i sprayed min 3-4 times a day for 30 days. some days i did them 6-7 times, pretty much would spray them as soon as they were dry from the last round.

got 50g of silver nitrate and like 7 lb of sodium thiosulfate, so next time is gonna be STS and i'll be doing Auto Amnesia Fem in one tent and photo grand daddy purple in another tent and let them do themselves.

Thanks ,Good to know. I have been following/copying you.

Cloned and re-vegged out door girls this fall. Diluted CS 500ppm to approximately 75ppm. Applied many times on my days off, twice on work days, with spray or eye dropper for 30 days, starting one week before 12/12.

Seems to have pollen sacks on the two branches treated, those branches definitely look different. Nothing I can do now, "the waiting is the hardest part"

Thanks ,Good to know. I have been following/copying you.

Cloned and re-vegged out door girls this fall. Diluted CS 500ppm to approximately 75ppm. Applied many times on my days off, twice on work days, with spray or eye dropper for 30 days, starting one week before 12/12.

Seems to have pollen sacks on the two branches treated, those branches definitely look different. Nothing I can do now, "the waiting is the hardest part"

good luck man. feel free to take over this journal if you want lol. i'm very close to done with it, and you have some great folks following already.

So here's all the seeds. 4 kinds on 4 plates. there's a lot of premature ones, but more than enough that should sprout just fine. next time will be in hempy and will run the full flowering course of the plant to make sure the seeds are all fully developed.
20191202_203310.jpg20191202_205446.jpg20191202_213257.jpg20191202_220940.jpg

does anyone know if STS looks like CS? i bought a little bottle pre made before i ordered the actual ingredients. I want to use the stuff i bought first obviously, but it looks like CS, brownish / yellowish. i squirted some on my hand and there's no stain.

when i worked in fire assay if you got even a tiny bit of silver nitrate on you that spot would be black for a week or more. just trying to figure out if this Need for seeds product is actually what it says it is.

The stuff I made recently looks like this. A yellowish colour.

I sprayed three times about 4 or 5 days apart. Got a bunch of pods which are just about to open now, decided to stop spraying and see what happens.

The stuff I made recently looks like this. A yellowish colour.

I sprayed three times about 4 or 5 days apart. Got a bunch of pods which are just about to open now, decided to stop spraying and see what happens.
that's what it looks like. i'll give it a shot. Thanks Wease!

Back
Top Bottom