Film Can From 77 To Today

On the Fence

I saved these for a reason back in the day from when I had some outdoor crop. They have been on top of my tool box and I have been shaking these regularly. I decided to germinate the 9 seeds. 7 sprouted and 2 hearty ones survived.
My plan is to clone them so the generation isn't lost just in case someone is interested in plants form 1977.
I am calling them Smithsonian. I'm pretty sure they are Indica but that is all I got.
Never grew anything indoors and I had some NIB IGrow lights left over from a rack MFG job I did for a horizontal grow 7 yrs ago, so I decided to give it a shot. I often wonder how that grow is doing.
These are 5mos old now 18hr on 400W Veg light. I clearly haven't a clue! LOL
smithsonian1 326sm.jpg

20210316_141004.jpg

rack row.jpg

I saved these for a reason back in the day from when I had some outdoor crop. They have been on top of my tool box and I have been shaking these regularly. I decided to germinate the 9 seeds. 7 sprouted and 2 hearty ones survived.
My plan is to clone them so the generation isn't lost just in case someone is interested in plants form 1977.
I am calling them Smithsonian. I'm pretty sure they are Indica but that is all I got.
Never grew anything indoors and I had some NIB IGrow lights left over from a rack MFG job I did for a horizontal grow 7 yrs ago, so I decided to give it a shot. I often wonder how that grow is doing.
These are 5mos old now 18hr on 400W Veg light. I clearly haven't a clue! LOL
smithsonian1 326sm.jpg

20210316_141004.jpg

rack row.jpg
Beautiful girls my friend. Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome: Have you thought about topping and doing some low stress training, to improve your harvest.
What are the racks your welding?

Beautiful girls my friend. Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome: Have you thought about topping and doing some low stress training, to improve your harvest.
What are the racks your welding?
I have thought and watched YT on the matter. I have never done anything but throw seeds in the ground and water. I am afraid of hurting these guys, even taking clones has me worried. I am open to suggestions. I never did anything with lights and this wasn't planned really. I was surprised the seeds sprouted.
I put them in 5 gal buckets and got some different potting soil from the grow supply. MUCH nicer! It actually holds some moisture. The potting soil I was using was more like hydroponic and had to be watered daily. I skipped a day and 3 plants died. It would of been nice to get some more seeds from one of these. I want to preserve the lineage for someone who cares.

I designed and built these racks for a commercial horizontal grow near by. They are designed to fit Botanicare trays. There is no holes in the tubing so they are easy to clean and give less places for bacteria and the like to take hold on. There are mounting tabs for the shelves and they are in a fixed welded on position at the height they wanted.

Thanks for all the welcomes.
Got some cubes in the mail yesterday. 35w LEDs that I can change the spectrum on and some clone juice. The repotting went well so far so I may be chopping soon as I get the balls to do it. Seems pretty straight forward. Saw a video yesterday where a guy just stuck them in a jar of tap water, no cubes. I'm probably worrying too much. They are a weed has been my thoughts till all this tech came to be.

:welcome: @On the Fence :passitleft:...I'm older, but I didn't smoke back then :popcorn:
Junior in HS for me in 73.
You got some nice plants and tents. You would laugh at my setup. Mine are growing open and wild in my machine shop on top of the bathroom. It's my only heated space that is not living space. Spring is here and I may move them outdoors after the snows if the wife will let me. It isn't legal to grow outside here but I did anyway 2 plants at a time for 2 years till she got scared. I live on 5 ac. with a few barns. I have one rack left over from the build but I just don't want to build another heated space for that size for as little as I need. Costs just too much and the dispensary is so close.

The tent rooms seem so crowded.

I have thought and watched YT on the matter. I have never done anything but throw seeds in the ground and water. I am afraid of hurting these guys, even taking clones has me worried. I am open to suggestions. I never did anything with lights and this wasn't planned really. I was surprised the seeds sprouted.
I put them in 5 gal buckets and got some different potting soil from the grow supply. MUCH nicer! It actually holds some moisture. The potting soil I was using was more like hydroponic and had to be watered daily. I skipped a day and 3 plants died. It would of been nice to get some more seeds from one of these. I want to preserve the lineage for someone who cares.

I designed and built these racks for a commercial horizontal grow near by. They are designed to fit Botanicare trays. There is no holes in the tubing so they are easy to clean and give less places for bacteria and the like to take hold on. There are mounting tabs for the shelves and they are in a fixed welded on position at the height they wanted.
I was thinking the racks were for something of that nature, either that or you weren't the first person to post a pic by mistake. The racks look sharp. I imagine you set that up on a jig and mig welded them. Just a guess.
Ok so here is your problem as I see it. Those beautiful ladies are getting closer to the light. When you flip them to flower they can feasibly Double in size.
I don't know how high you can raise that light. Regardless if it were my girl I would count down at least 4 or 5 sets of leaves and cut it off. Then you will have 2 branches sticking up instead of one. Then get some string and gently tie those branches down get them growing horizontally then get a timer an turn off your light for 12 hours straight with no light. So she can start so flower for you.
Can you get any supplies for cloning. I have a thread in my sig on cloning its fairly easy with a couple supplies. You can try keeping that top to use as a clone
But unless you know what your doing tops are hard to root.
I'm always available if you need some help when your ready.
Happy growing friend.

I was thinking the racks were for something of that nature, either that or you weren't the first person to post a pic by mistake. The racks look sharp. I imagine you set that up on a jig and mig welded them. Just a guess.
Ok so here is your problem as I see it. Those beautiful ladies are getting closer to the light. When you flip them to flower they can feasibly Double in size.
I don't know how high you can raise that light. Regardless if it were my girl I would count down at least 4 or 5 sets of leaves and cut it off. Then you will have 2 branches sticking up instead of one. Then get some string and gently tie those branches down get them growing horizontally then get a timer an turn off your light for 12 hours straight with no light. So she can start so flower for you.
Can you get any supplies for cloning. I have a thread in my sig on cloning its fairly easy with a couple supplies. You can try keeping that top to use as a clone
But unless you know what your doing tops are hard to root.
I'm always available if you need some help when your ready.
Happy growing friend.
Yes, I have a 3/4" 4'x8' steel table that I welded stops for a tacking jig then mig. 1x2x1/8 steel tubing powder coated. They are a beast! It was a big 3mo job, I was lucky to have the space and a great great steel and powder coat connection. I call them Clean Racks. I have an even bigger shop now thanks to that job for the most part.
Botanicare trays have taper built into them towards drain pockets and that is why the squares are in the shelves.

I have 16' ceiling and keep the lights a few inches from the tops.
I did get clone supplies. No heat mat.
These guys don't have opposing nodes on the main stem, they alternate left right. The photos I see online have opposing nodes. Just cut above one?
I want clones first so the strain isn't lost for good. Not that I care for myself but I have been told someone maybe interested in them. If it wasn't for that I would flower them now.
I buy my smoke for the most part but my grow buddy sent me 100 seeds today being he is no longer in business because a dispensary moved too close to his grow and had to shut it down (crazy AZ law). These are his at 2.5mos from these seeds so I will give a shot at growing what I need after these get cloned.

20210316_140733.jpg

painted800.jpg

todds bud.jpg

todds bud2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom