First Ever Grow: DWC With Remo Nutes & Ethos Seeds

Thanks brother. Hoping second time is a charm. Sucks wasting seeds at $20 a pop lol. I knew there would be a learning curve. I made some rookie mistakes that I will be correcting this time around.
Thanks for the info. I don’t have any great white. It doesn’t seem readily available in Canada. I’m going to try to germ again with what I have and if that doesn’t work then I’ll be looking into it further. I’m sure there is an option that’s available in Canada.

I definitely swapped over to dwc too soon and kept them way too wet. I’ll be turning my lights on tonight. Put seeds in rapid rooter and watered lightly with a bit of water in my tray for humidity around noon. I’ll flick lights on before I go to sleep. I’ll be sure to leave them in my tray longer this time, just figured they’d be starved for air and space to grow being restricted to the trays edges.

I figure I’ll take them off the heat mat as soon as they pop. As far as the humidity dome is concerned, should I keep the lid on for a while after they pop? My tent is pretty low humidity. Not sure how much they need. It’s probably only 25%-30% in the tent.

I ended up opening up the rapid rooter to see roots on the plant that wasn’t growing well and there really wasn’t much there. Not for the amount of time they’ve been going.

Also noticed when I pulled apart my tote that the lines and yup had a bit of slimy ness to them where the water was. I’m thinking that’s bad? Or is it usual?
That’s bacteria. Growing. It does happen but we don’t want it. That’s where z7 flying skulls comes in handy. Or the great white. But with the humidity I don’t use doses. I just keep the plug bottom warm and moist not wet. And light 24/7. Are you doing autos. Or photo cell

I’m growing Photos. I’ve got hydroguard on the way. Had to order from the states can’t even get it in Canada. I know that’s a way to fight bad bacteria that’s been proven to work.

So you don’t use a dome just keep the bottoms warm. So that means I should keep my heat mat under the tray but once they pop just take the top off and keep a bit of water in the tray for warmth?

As far as great white, the only option that seems similar in any way in Canada is general hydroponics rapid start. I’d rather not order great white from the states as it’s costly to do so

Rapid start is great for rooting but not the right kind of bacteria. You could leave the humidity domes on. Just keep the root zone warm and moist. And that should trigger the growth. Now the humidity dome could cause excess moisture on the plug and soak it off. You will just have to watch the moisture

Rapid start is great for rooting but not the right kind of bacteria. You could leave the humidity domes on. Just keep the root zone warm and moist. And that should trigger the growth. Now the humidity dome could cause excess moisture on the plug and soak it off. You will just have to watch the moisture

I’ll be sure to make sure the dome doesn’t wet the plugs, if it does I’ll take it off. You suggest the root zone be warm? So keep it on the heat mat then? Warm water in the tray won’t harm anything?

I’m going to wire up a couple of 6500k cfls to hang above plants to start I think. I feel like the cobs are tough on the seedlings. I’ll save those for when the seedlings get a few nodes.

61C337C1-A7C6-4340-B6F9-5EDB183CF75A.jpeg
Got them wired up and hung. They run real hot to the touch. Got a fan blowing on them and I’m running my vent fan right now to wick the heat.

That little bit of slimy ness has me worried in my dwc tho. If I get these seeds to work and lose them to slime that’s it for dwc lol. Hydroguard is in the Mail hope it’s here in a week. There was some hydroton that fell thru the net pot into the res. Not sure if that could have affected anything.

One seed is thru the top of the rooter I checked the second one and it’s cracked and got the tiniest of taproots so I’m thinking it’s going to but it’s lagging behind. This seedling already looks healthier than my first. The first ones I popped had clear stems for half their short life. This one looks like a plant. Hopefully the other seed catches up and pops up pretty soon

Put the one seedling into my dwc with top feed but changed how I did it. Raised the water level to just below net pots and ran my top feed into the hydroton under my rapid rooter instead of running it straight at my rapid rooter so it isn’t just sponging up a ton of water. I also got my higher powered air pump which is a welcome addition. Keep the other one for a back up I guess. I’ll post a pic later when I go back down to check ph. Really hoping this little guy takes off.

I added hydroguard which just came in the mail to RO water. That’s all I added for now aside from some ph up/down. Still getting the hang of that stuffs usage amounts.

Neither one of the other seeds I germed are above ground. I feel like the one that got started with my current seedling is not going to emerge and the second one has a tap root and time will tell.

Yeah I’ve already burned a few. Due to my own inexperience. I think I’ve lost 3 due to stupidity lol. But I learned from it so that’s what it’s all about. It’s coming up for sure so it’s either a bucket added or I waste it or I find someone else to care for it which is a long shot

Update. Gonna feed with some nutes soon. Only had ph’d RO water with hydroguard right now. Gonna wait a day or two for another seedling to grow a bit of the first set out then I’ll transfer and add nutes with a fresh batch of water.

Unsure when to get away from the cfls and switch to cobs. I think I’ll wait another week or two. This spectrum is probably better for the younger plants. The cobs are 3500k 90cri so they had a decent blue spectrum to them, just don’t mean to over power the youngins with too much light.

Still unsure what to do with the extra seedling. Might have to scrap it and chalk it up as another learning experience. 3 plants and a tote and a bucket is a lot of space and extra work. Gonna see if I can pawn it off on someone. Nobody I know grows so I’m telling ppl to buy a 300w off amazon and get it cracking lol

Nice to see my roots showing after less than a week in the hydro tote. Hoping the nutes allow it to start taking off more.

Attachments

• F31E0129-14FF-43C1-8A4E-823FE6F36523.jpeg
    F31E0129-14FF-43C1-8A4E-823FE6F36523.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 68
  • CBB92F79-C21E-4BB2-9A9D-9632EE4ECA5C.jpeg
    CBB92F79-C21E-4BB2-9A9D-9632EE4ECA5C.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 66
  • 63EC778F-9D7F-4167-896B-F430E2AE7CAB.jpeg
    63EC778F-9D7F-4167-896B-F430E2AE7CAB.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 67
The one that’s going strong right now is Ethos Citral Flo, and I’ve got another citral flo and one Zsweet Inzanity. Not sure if I want to run 2 strains in the same tote. As much as I do for 2 different strains end game, I just am unsure how they’ll react to the same feedings. Don’t want one being a picky eater.

Take it easy on the nutes at this young age

I’m also keeping an eye on them a few times a day to be sure they look healthy. If it results in any issues I’ll know and I can change it out. The second set is starting to grow out on the first plant. Roots are thru the net pots

@Alienpus @Icemann420 you guys have been thru a few grows. Are these trichomes or eggs in your opinion? Anyone else feel free to answer also.

Attachments

• FF43348E-BF11-4387-9673-CFB030A32451.jpeg
    FF43348E-BF11-4387-9673-CFB030A32451.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 51
  • B4A38357-3047-450E-A952-08AC4C0A9BDD.jpeg
    B4A38357-3047-450E-A952-08AC4C0A9BDD.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 93F9F2C2-A42B-4227-9767-2093F2F7F446.jpeg
    93F9F2C2-A42B-4227-9767-2093F2F7F446.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 53
  • 0C33B1DC-53BC-4FCA-ABF7-40514A620B8C.jpeg
    0C33B1DC-53BC-4FCA-ABF7-40514A620B8C.jpeg