First Ever Grow!

its not got any worse since i took ma pics this mornin,checked ma ph n it was just over 6, think it might be a bit of nute burn but its only three tiny little dots on two bigger leaves of the first photo

pic of spots
6622.jpg

Well Leaf twisting and browning can be a sign of heat stress or a Ph problem. I wouldn't give nutes to a soil plant until she is at least 4-5 nodes up. Hold off on the nutes for a bit and up the ventilation.

That's just my two cents. Hope this helps:thumb:

cheers im just wating on a crbon filter being delivered, and ive just watered them with a cup of norml atap water, seems to have perked em up a little, thanks for the help TOG

GJ,

Two weeks is generally a good time to transplant seedlings. By the end of the second week, the roots will have filled out the pots nicely. Before you transfer the plants, let the pots dry out a bit, say halfway, enough so the soil mass feels solid but not so much than the plants start to wilt - you don't want mushy soil when you move them.

To get them out of their pots, do the following:

1) Squeeze the sides of the pots a little to help loosen the soil from the pot;

2) Hold them upside down in one hand, with your fingers spread so that the main stem is comfortably between two of your fingers. Then thump the bottom of the pot with your other hand until the pot comes off.

3) Gently place in transplant container. Be careful not to disturb any of the soil around the plant.

Water them immediately with a standard or half nutrient solution. If you are going to use beneficial bacteria and fungi, this would be the ideal time to use them. Just add the suggested amount to your nutrient solution.

Good luck!

thnks for the help bud, im gonna wait till the plants are about 8 inches to a foot tall to transplant into the bigger pots, there in 5 litre pots just now so think it might be ok for another 2 weeks or so :thumb:

subbed buddy nice set up, im in no position to give much advice since im on my first grow and using whimpy CFLs but just as a tip from all ive learned, HPS is more of the flowering type lighting, too warm of a spectrum for veg, maybe think about getting a metal halide bulb for veg, works wonders from what ive read and seen :) ill be watchin your grow, best of luck!

subbed buddy nice set up, im in no position to give much advice since im on my first grow and using whimpy CFLs but just as a tip from all ive learned, HPS is more of the flowering type lighting, too warm of a spectrum for veg, maybe think about getting a metal halide bulb for veg, works wonders from what ive read and seen :) ill be watchin your grow, best of luck!

thnks for the info, its a son t agro dual spectrum bulb i have in my hps light its doin the job so far hehe, do u have a journal going? im subbed to like 20 or so grows, been lurkin in the background reading up loads before i started my grow

:thanks: for the luck lol i may need it :peace:

just thought i would post some more pics lol, not goin to post more for a couple of days so you can notice the difference, enjoy

I am excited to see how HPS does for the veg period! That just makes you outgoing! :)
Thanks for visiting my grow btw! The little ones are lookin good for you!
I don't think much luck is needed, you seem to be doing perfect :thumb:

me too, didnt really know how hot it was in my tent lol, had it steady at 83 - 84 n it only dropped to 75 during lights off, soon as a get my carbon filter kit i should be able to close ma tent up n close some doors lol, havin ma blinds closed all day n night might look a bit dodgy lol

thanks miwa think im doing ok, tryin not to get to worried bout the plants but its hard lol, think im in every half hour making sure theres nothing wrong :peace:

i feel that! now that i have a seed popped up through the soil im checkin it like crazy cause when it sheds that shell, im gonna be in for it tryin to control the heat these dam cfls put off haha

thanks miwa think im doing ok, tryin not to get to worried bout the plants but its hard lol, think im in every half hour making sure theres nothing wrong :peace:

Haha yeah i am the same way. This is my first grow and i worry all the time. If you read through my journal you will see me asking lots of questions for every little thing.

Keep calm and enjoy the view:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom