First Ever Indoor Grow: Moved Pots From Outdoors To In

Yes he can, and I think he is. Not 100% sure what you mean though when you say 'if this is the case' ? Could you explain?I said quite a few things- but mainly pointing out the basic nature of this type of camnabis. It doesn't even necessarily grow colas- some of the pure sativas just grow small skinny little flowers.

Sativas can definitely be trained. It looks like his are doing fine. Some of the varieties will just keep stretching and stretching and look like a giant willow bush no matter what you do. But these ones don't seem to be that extreme. Growing with the small lights that Gree has means that they definitely have to be trained to make the most of the lighting. They seem to be doing fine though. It's hard to know what the genetics are other than that it's obviously a pure sativa. If you google pure sativa landrace varieties you'll see lots of tall plants, often with very skinny buds. Most sativa strains you buy from breeders won't be like that, because people don't want to flower that type of stuff indoors. But that doesn't mean the smoke won't be great. People just prefer larger buds- so even the strains that are close to landrace, and haven't been interbred a lot, will still tend to be the ones out of the strain that grow bigger buds than average.

Sativas can definitely be trained. It looks like his are doing fine. Some of the varieties will just keep stretching and stretching and look like a giant willow bush no matter what you do. But these ones don't seem to be that extreme. Growing with the small lights that Gree has means that they definitely have to be trained to make the most of the lighting. They seem to be doing fine though. It's hard to know what the genetics are other than that it's obviously a pure sativa. If you google pure sativa landrace varieties you'll see lots of tall plants, often with very skinny buds. Most sativa strains you buy from breeders won't be like that, because people don't want to flower that type of stuff indoors. But that doesn't mean the smoke won't be great. People just prefer larger buds- so even the strains that are close to landrace, and haven't been interbred a lot, will still tend to be the ones out of the strain that grow bigger buds than average.

Thanks guys, Good too know they are looking pretty normal for that type of strain? As you can see from the pics there is two diff plants there and the one that has the long looking cola's is a bit further into flower and I have done minimal training on this one just enough to get it growing slightly horizontal to spread under the lights. The second one has a pretty nice canopy going that I have been constantly tying everything down and bring lower branches up so it's an nice even canopy. The buds on this one looking a lot smaller sort of like (popcorn) buds but there are plenty of them everywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A friend of mine pulled all his outdoor crops a couple days ago because it will looking like we were going to get some nasty weather so now I am Pretty stoked I moved these girls inside considering we just went through a category 4 cyclone and now it's raining for over 48 hours and looking like some severe flooding outside. Meanwhile the plants are high and dry getting some decent light maybe a bit more humid then usual but they would be suffering big time outside.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I've had these girls on a bloom formula for tomatoes for the couple of weeks and all I have seen is more bud sites constantly developing but the buds have been staying pretty whispy and not fattening up at all!
When they were outdoors I was using raw chicken poop, miracle grow (blue stuff) and seaweed concentrate.
So yesterday I decided to make a mixture of the seaweed, miracle grow and tomato bloom, I also put some dried chicken poop into the water and let it absorb over a few hours, this water was looking a very funky dark purple kind of look and I was kind of scared of killing the plants with this cocktail of nutes.
Much too my relief I checked on them after lights out today and they seemed to have really loved the cocktail!! :) definitely seeing a lot of bulking up in the buds

420-magazine-mobile1343729163.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1253392287.jpg

Amazing to see how far apart these two girls are in their flower cycle considering the one on the left went into flower only about 2-3 weeks earlier then the girl on the right. Although the girl on the right has gone through extensive training which could have pushed her flower time back a bit?
420-magazine-mobile631829353.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1641458598.jpg

Also I've noticed getting burnt tips on its first set of leaves!! :( This has to be a ph issue considering it hasn't had any fertilisers yet?
420-magazine-mobile1083457294.jpg

Could be ph I suppose. Shouldn't be an issue unless your water is very bad and high in minerals.
Careful with that fertilizer. Sativas are generally very light feeders and I haven't heard of many people getting away with using raw chicken poo. So far so good though. :thumb:

Could be ph I suppose. Shouldn't be an issue unless your water is very bad and high in minerals.
Careful with that fertilizer. Sativas are generally very light feeders and I haven't heard of many people getting away with using raw chicken poo. So far so good though. :thumb:

Thanks Weaselcracker, I'm not sure it's actually raw? It is dried and in little pellet forms which looks like the raw product? bought it from a farmers market where the guy told me to just throw it on top of the soil or into a compost mix. It was my own inventive idea to let it soak in the water a few hours lol.

They do seem to be very slow drinkers, they required watering daily sometime twice per day when they were outdoor, they now only need to be watered 1-2 times per week! I am being careful not to encourage any root rot, so I have bought myself a soil moisture meter.

Good look on the member of the year as well my friend!! Those prizes look dope as fuck, got some wicked sponsors her at 420

I've been using water from my air conditioner I was assuming that would be the closest to RO or rainwater? Could minerals be leaking from the aircon unit??

That sounds better. Raw manure isn't plant food. Still risky doing that sort of random nute mix though. I've had many mishaps doing stuff like that :(
1-2 times a week is perfect.
Thanks Gree. I'm not up for member of the year anymore. I was, along with plant of the year and nug of the year. They're all over now though since the end of January - I won the nug of the year contest though. :thumb: Most of the prizes ended up not shipping to my country- but I still got some very cool ones. Definitely nice to have those sponsors around.

420-magazine-mobile2098401580.jpg
I topped the buds lol I read on a post earlier (I'll edit the link in) which says you can encourage bud "backbuilding" by taking a small snip from the top of the bud, as you can see I accidentally took a little too much off a few of them haha :|

I topped the buds lol I read on a post earlier (I'll edit the link in) which says you can encourage bud "backbuilding" by taking a small snip from the top of the bud, as you can see I accidentally took a little too much off a few of them haha :|

You are gonna have many tops to deal with. What's next for you plan? FIW, LST, Scrog, SuperCrop?

The girl on the left has finished putting out anymore tops that's the one that I'm attempting the back building technique. The other girl on the right I have been trimming off all the fan leaves that are taking the light from bud sites and tying every branch down too an even canopy

I've just received my first 5 cob's in the mail but I have run into an issue with the drivers. They are so expensive!! Haha I am wanting too drive them at 36v-800ma

I've just received my first 5 cob's in the mail but I have run into an issue with the drivers. They are so expensive!! Haha I am wanting too drive them at 36v-800ma

What's the benefit of the COB system vs. the pre built ones. Are they less money?

I'm a do it yourself kind of person, this whole concept intrigues me and I want to learn more.
I'm sure if you could get wholesale parts it would be cheaper as you won't be paying somebody's labour to build it for you.
I think the prices are pretty competitive on these led systems at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom