First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem - Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Tent

Re: First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem In Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Ten

Unless something comes up that demands my time, I'm going to try and journal my harvest of the SS. I may have to take it tomorrow instead of Sunday, however, because I do have some things to do on Sunday. And, 1) I like to take my time when trimming, 2) I would like to journal it with a few photos as I'm taking my time. Last tric check on the SS showed mostly full-on milky, not too many clear at all, and some amber. That's just on average. Some of those taller tops have more amber, scarce clear and a ton of milky. Again, this is me trying to count and convert to a percentage like a billion of these little things. So... tric situation is that.

The buds might be swelling a little more, but have slowed some this past week. Lots of red hairs. Not seeing too many straight white hairs at all anymore, most are curled... some buds look closer than others, with more red hairs and no erect white hairs at all.

So... more soon!

Thanks to all who have been along for my first grow!!

Re: First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem In Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Ten

SS bud one in box.

420-magazine-mobile1900345288.jpg

Well, friends. The SS has been fully harvested and put up to dry. I can tell you there looks to be a good deal more of it than the AK. I ran out of room in my little drying box, had to hang some on a clothes rack in my tent.

I ended up having several interruptions today. So, the harvest took longer than I wanted and I didn't really have the spare time to snap shots of the buds as I hung them. Photos coming soon, though. Actually had some unexpected guests today, and had to quickly stash my harvest station and try to deal with the smell... I was unable to deal with the smell, so, I simply told my guests I had just burned one. Whether they bought it or not, I dunno... they know I smoke, I just don't like to advertise my grow setup. They're more colleagues than friends. I finally took them out for some food and made a hasty retreat back to my place, saying I had family plans.

Have a pretty fat bag of trim from the two plants, will be using that with my bubble bags tomorrow.

More soon!!

Oh yeah, the medicine cabinet will be supplied for a bit. Way to go!

Absolutely, man!! On most days, my anxiety keeps me gnawing on my inner lip and jaw. When I wasn't too lazy to jog, I would find myself still doing that during my little runs. Anywho, I smoke my meds at least twice per day. Growing my own has added another therapeutic aspect to this whole 420 thing for me. No need to talk about my diagnoses and what not anymore than I just did, but, to say the very least, cannabis levels my head and my attitude in ways nothing else ever has.

Thanks for all the support along the way, tryan! Hopefully I don't allow you get too far ahead of me with your newest grow. Gonna post here shortly my options for my next grow, scheduled to begin between Wed-Fri of this week.

So, as I mentioned to tryan, I'm looking for some advice on my next grow. Let's assume for right now that I'm not changing anything with this setup...drain to waste, FF Coco Loco (bushmaster), GH Flora trio + CalMag, Armor Si, Liquid Koolbloom, and Diamond Nectar. 1x galaxyhydro 600W (approx. 205 actual) and 1x meizhi 450W (approx. 195 actual). 5 gal fabric pots. 2x4x5 grow tent. germination in rapid rooters in solo cups with medium. 2x 6" clip fans, 1x 6" inline duct fan 390 CFM (direct, no ducts). temps in grow environment (based on this grow) average 78-81 F with lights on in summer, 60-70 F lights off in summer. RH is never above 53%, usually 45-50%... do have a small dehumidifier in there that I forgot to mention.

NOW. lol. I have restated my gear. Here are my options for the next grow.

White Widow x Big Bud (F)

Night Nurse (F)

Misty Kush clones that are already in soil, 3 gal pots... offered up, surprisingly, by my dear ol' dad!!

(I gave him my RQ Dance World (f) seeds, by the way... 2 vegging in soil, 1 didn't pop... not sure what germination method he used, he tends to mix it up to a frustrating degree)

So, of those 3 options, I'm leaning towards the Night Nurse (f). Thoughts? Concerns? Experiences with any of these strains?

PS to last message. Those 3 options are all new to me, never smoked any of them. On my first grow here, I had smoked these strains, plus, the seeds were a donation from my uncle. I bought WWxBB, Night Nurse, and Dance World after this grow began.

Thanks for all the support along the way, tryan! Hopefully I don't allow you get too far ahead of me with your newest grow. Gonna post here shortly my options for my next grow, scheduled to begin between Wed-Fri of this week.

You'd best be putting seeds to germ. The two new girls are seeds on steroids, from Chernobyl, taking lessons from Usain Bolt. Never have I seen seeds take off so fast. Hopefully this is a trend that continues.

You'd best be putting seeds to germ. The two new girls are seeds on steroids, from Chernobyl, taking lessons from Usain Bolt. Never have I seen seeds take off so fast. Hopefully this is a trend that continues.

You dog!!! :goodjob:

Quick note on the curing AK:

Day by day developing a more and more sour smell. Took an early smokeable sample. More aromas come when you crack open a nug. More sweetness to it, but the sour is still pretty powerful. Smoked the small sample dose. Flavor was there, but not intense yet. Kind taste. As the buzz gets you, it's not really racy. Kinda creeps for a few minutes and then you get a mellow feeling. On a small dose the buzz has lasted a good bit. No major sedation or anything, but just a chill buzz. My eyes never felt too heavy.

So... I'm hoping after a proper cure the taste will get a bit more intense, the buzz maybe too. All in all no disappointment here.

More to report soon!

Good Job, Stooby! That's nice to see those mason jars filled up with flowers and a nice sparkle to them. What are the characteristics of the after taste that the AK produce? Definitely a good strain and always enjoyable if you get a quality bean or clone. Keep up the good work - looking forward to your next! I'm not sure if I'm ready to switch over to coco - still thinking I might do another organic soil then switch over. Awweee the choices!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those look fantastic. Great grow. :) I love how thorough you've been with your journaling.

Good Job, Stooby! That's nice to see those mason jars filled up with flowers and a nice sparkle to them. What are the characteristics of the after taste that the AK produce? Definitely a good strain and always enjoyable if you get a quality bean or clone. Keep up the good work - looking forward to your next! I'm not sure if I'm ready to switch over to coco - still thinking I might do another organic soil then switch over. Awweee the choices!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hmmm. Well, you asked about the aftertaste. So, I went to my jars and took another very small dose, dropped in my bowl and took in the flavor. This nugget had a lot more citrus in the initial burst of flavor... the citrus dies down and the aftertaste is a very interesting floral taste. That's about as specific as I know how to be. LOL. But, I hope that helps to answer your question. The sourness is there in the flavor at first, then it becomes much less intense and that flowery aftertaste comes. It's pretty pleasant. Not the sweetest smoke I've tasted, but one of the more interesting flavor-wise I'd say.

I think if I would've let this AK go another week, the buzz would've been couch-lock all day. Just for reference. I like that buzz, don't get me wrong, but MJ is not a sleep med for me. I intend to regularly interact with people after consumption, so, I kind of have to avoid the couchlock unless I know I'm free for a day or two. Anywho, just pointing that out. What's it in these jars may have a few couch-lock nugs when all's said and done. Really not a bad pheno I ended up with, can't complain.

And 1 quick update. I mentioned this stuff had some creep. It continues to show this, as I now feel a slight heaviness. So some of the lightly cured stuff packs a little more sedative effect than I expected. That was a good little piece of a nug I sampled for the journal!:lot-o-toke:

And 1 quick update. I mentioned this stuff had some creep. It continues to show this, as I now feel a slight heaviness. So some of the lightly cured stuff packs a little more sedative effect than I expected. That was a good little piece of a nug I sampled for the journal!:lot-o-toke:

Gotta love the fact that on one harvest off one plant various stages of thc maturity can give such different effects. Nice and mature on top for that end of day put you down meds, then there are the medicate and socialize parts.

Back
Top Bottom