First Grow, Deep Water Culture, Northern Lights, Pics

Solid Grower

Hey 420 community. After reading and re-reading many great threads, I vacuumed my closet then doused it in bug spray, soaked my stuff in pH balanced water, hung some lights and mylar and planted my babies. I decided to start a log here to seek any advice and constructive criticism along my journey.

I started with feminized NL seeds from Nirvana (not sure what I'm going to do with the free ones they gave with my order, yet):

seedszl.jpg

Here's my set up (only 3 going because they're feminized):
setup210.jpg

setup1h.jpg

Anddd a sprout that just popped up today:
sprout7.jpg

I'm off to smoke a j. Cheers! :grinjoint:

Welcome, Grow area looks nice and neat that always helps ! Your on your way enjoy it's fun and theres a reward at the end :bong:

Hey!! Welcome to 420 and your grow looks like its off to a great start. Join up with the Deep Water Culture if you like and remember we are always here to help!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to be part of a community that is so helpful and welcoming!

Temps have been stable at 78-80 F. pH in my tank as been pretty stable too. It was around 6.0 today. I'm using the strips for now so I don't have an exact reading. Humidity is kind of low (27%) but I have some styrofoam bowls full of water sitting around and I'll probably put some wet towels in there once they're all popped.

I thought my plant in the back was going to be the straggler because I didn't see any signs of germination down in the cube but I came home to a surprise today:
sprout25.jpg

:peace:

Just wait till they're young adults and you train them and nuture them . After months of loving care you can harvest your young uns dry and cure them . "take this brother may it serve you well" :peace:

Just wait till they're young adults and you train them and nuture them . After months of loving care you can harvest your young uns dry and cure them . "take this brother may it serve you well" :peace:

I can't wait! :peace:

:welcome: Sadalix424! Your off and running. Everything is nice and clean. Your going to have a great time with the BP setup. :nicethread:

Thanks! My closet looks good, the rest of the room is a different story though lol...

Looks like a good start! Good job. Subscribed to see these ladies bud!

Thank you! :)

Hope I got it right. I'm happy to be part of this community and will definitely pay it forward any way I can, anything to spread the love I have for this amazing plant.

I'll try to get an updated picture in of my second sprout later now that she's fully out of the cube. Still waiting patiently on the third.

Well, I think I'm having an algae problem. My pH has been jumping a bit. (<1 in 24 hours) I open the tank to look inside too much, I think. I had my last sprout pop but my other 2 girls aren't looking so healthy. :( Should I add some hydrogen peroxide to the tank? Or just completely drain it and refill it with pH balanced water?

Here's what the water is looking like (and a blurry root from my oldest plant, lol):
SDC10540.JPG

Here is my oldest girl:
SDC10537.JPG

Here is the second oldest:
SDC10538.JPG

Here's the new baby:
SDC10539.JPG

Your getting the Funk Drain and Refill do the 8 step recovery and keep the water temps under 70F ck Make sure to clean your feeder tubes the Hub and the pump filter in ph ballenced water
with H202 Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom