First Grow - Indoor Now - Outside & Inside Later

That would make an awesome Bugs Bunny / Elmer Fudd spoof video.
Grower Elmer has bunny problems while Bugs runs roughshod over his garden when he's not looking picking buds off his girls then scurrying away to load up a bowl in the DIY pipe that he made out of the shotgun that he swiped from Elmer.
Darn it!! Where did dat' wascly wabbit wun off to with my shotgun......?? LOL!!

Some of the bud is getting close to being dry enough to jar for curing and later today the UPS man will be here with my order :)

I ordered a 20 pack of Bodeva 62% humidity paks. Developed for the medical marijuana industry for keeping the moisture in the right range for storage. The packs are supposed to keep the moisture at the labeled % +/- 1%. We'll see how they work :)

Hey TheCelt, was that a typo buddy? With that harvest of yours I hope that you ordered 20 cases and not 20 packs. :rofl:

I purchased some last time I was in the US and brought them back in my luggage but haven't felt the need to use them just yet. All reports that I've heard and read indicate that they work like a champ.

Hey Celt just stopping by to give you props on the grow.

I was thinking about ordering some bovedas as well. Not sure when I'll need them though, from what I've heard the packs are mainly for long term storage right? I've heard people say that they can fuck with the cure. So I'm wondering when the best time to put them in would be, some people say 2 weeks after jarring, I might wait a month or so.

When do you guys throw the packs in?

Hello Cannabliss

This will be the first time I use them, but I can't see them hurting the cure. They are basically a reverse osmosis membrane with a combination of salts and water inside. This only allows water vapor to pass through the membrane (both ways) so they keep the bud at optimum moisture content, which I would think would improve the cure :)

It could be done as a DIY setup quite easily as well. The right ratio of MgCl and NaCl in RO water can be tailor made to the humidity levels you desire. It would have to be put into a small container with a GorTex or Tyvek cover to prevent any contact with the bud but still allow vapor transfer :)

Oh BTW, your GDP got my vote for POTM :) Its a strain I want to grow in the spring :)

Yea I think your right I can't really think of how they would ruin the cure. I think you would just want to wait till the jars naturally get down to 62% and then throw them in to keep the humidity at a stable level. I think ill order some soon.

Thanks for the vote! I recently harvested two plants, one purple alien og and the GDP, the GDP is my favorite hands down. I've always loved this strain, it came out back around when I first got into smoking and I live in the same area as Ken Estes so my area got saturated in it, so I'm very familiar with this strain. Smelling it is almost nostalgic, it brings back good memories from my younger days. One of my top 5 favorite smelling strains, and it just looks beautiful. It's only been curing for a couple days and the sweet smell is already back while my other strain needs a lot longer until it gets that stink back. Overall I'm really happy with it, I definetly recommend growing it if you like Indicas. I'm kinda mad I didn't take a clone of her lol.

I'll post a nug pic when I get some time so you can see the final result.

That is my plan Cannabliss, I have 2 of my Cherry bomb plants, that have been hanging for about a week, in a 5 gal bucket now with a humidity meter. it has been slowly rising from the 50% shortly after being put in the bucket to about 57% now. If by morning they are between 60 and 65%, they will go into jars with a Bodeva pak :)

Looking for opinions friends

Here is a clone of Big Mamma that was brought in mid-Sept to reveg for my next indoor grow. I have 5 clones from Big Mamma and one from a Cluster Bomb.

IMG_20151017_151059_Large_.jpg

My original plan had been to use 4 of the Big Mamma clones to do a proper Main-Lining under the M2 900 and leave the last BM and Cluster Bomb clones for mother plants as I want to breed some seed for next spring. This was the only clone to get up-potted from one gallon bags, after seeing how thick/bushy she is and the alternating nodes, I am tempted to just flower her as is and see how it goes.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance :)

You can still bonsai train once they mature and nodes become staggered. Since she's quite big have you considered just pulling her branches down?
Another option might be to taking cuttings from this one to use for mainline training and just flowering this one out.
:peace:

Hey guys, I have 5 of these girls (all clones of Big Mamma) but this one is double the size of her sisters. She had been up potted mid-sept and put under the LED. Because she is so far ahead of the others in size, I think I will tie and stretch her and flower her as is. THC is still my favorite of the 4 strains for night time meds and I really want to make sure I always have some on hand LOL

Maybe I will up pot 2 of the others and flower 3, that will leave me a mother and one to get a sex change for pollen LOL

Very good morning my friends :)

I wake this morning to find that young Justin and his liberals will form the new government of Canada. Not only will he be our new prime minister, but they won a majority. What this means for us here on this side of the boarder is that if/when Justin follows through with his plan for legalization of cannabis, he Doesn't need to garner any support form the other parties :)

Hello legalization, here we come :cool::hookah::tokin::cool::hookah::tokin::cool::hookah::tokin::cool::hookah::tokin:

Morning Guy :)

Not sure how soon they plan to take it to vote but the sooner the better LOL I was reading a CBC article last night that suggested that they intend to follow a similar path to Colorado and that they have been working on their plans for implementing it for months :)

Back
Top Bottom