First grow, lots of questions and fails

Grower100

420 Member
8CE84DBB-BEAA-406C-8D9C-94EC6E9732AD.jpeg
image.jpg
3537FFC8-5F53-48EC-A831-7A2D815D80A0.jpeg
55B4234D-5741-4A82-9350-1F7F8F2C9201.jpeg
I started this grow with 9 plants, 4 of them collapsed due to reasons I couldn’t figure. For the remaining plants one is a BCN Critical XXL auto fem, which is 40 days old. 2 are SS Super Skunk auto and one is Big Bud Auto which are all 16 days old. I am giving them 12 hours natural sunlight, and supplementing with 6 hours artificial LED light, 2700K + 3000K, 100 Watt. Temperatures reach a max of 27 degree Celsius in the daylight and a low of 16 degree Celsius at night. The problem is with the three plants whose leaves are turning purple and sort of curling and fading. In my set up I keep the lights 10-15 cm from the seedlings.
I am using a mix of Coco+vermiculite+organic manure as the base soil, and initially planting in 4 inch coco pots then will later transplant to 12 L fibre pots. Relative humidity is maintained at about 40-45% outdoors and indoors. Am I doing something wrong, please do help.

PS: I suffer from a complex cerebral disorder, Batten’s disease, and am thus trying to start growing my own supply, starting with trying to grow easier plants.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Grower101

If you start a grow journal and tell us about your grow we can help. Here is the link to grow journals.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote, and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

8CE84DBB-BEAA-406C-8D9C-94EC6E9732AD.jpeg
image.jpg
55B4234D-5741-4A82-9350-1F7F8F2C9201.jpeg
I started this grow with 9 plants, 4 of them collapsed due to reasons I couldn’t figure. For the remaining plants one is a BCN Critical XXL auto fem, which is 40 days old. 2 are SS Super Skunk auto and one is Big Bud Auto which are all 16 days old. I am giving them 12 hours natural sunlight, and supplementing with 6 hours artificial LED light, 2700K + 3000K, 100 Watt. Temperatures reach a max of 27 degree Celsius in the daylight and a low of 16 degree Celsius at night. The problem is with the three plants whose leaves are turning purple and sort of curling and fading. In my set up I keep the lights 10-15 cm from the seedlings.
I am using a mix of Coco+vermiculite+organic manure as the base soil, and initially planting in 4 inch coco pots then will later transplant to 12 L fibre pots. Relative humidity is maintained at about 40-45% outdoors and indoors. Am I doing something wrong, please do help.

PS: I suffer from a complex cerebral disorder, Batten’s disease, and am thus trying to start growing my own supply, starting with trying to grow easier plants.
Hello @Grower100 sorry about your ailments.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Coco has certain parameters you have to meet.
It requires being fed every day with nutrients.
You must use calmag in your mix, added first.
Then you have to set your ph to 5.8 every time.
Do you have nutrients and cal mag, a ph pen and a ppm meter?
You should be feeding at least a couple hundred ppm by now.
Get a journal going and tag me ( @Bill284 ) and I'll walk you through it so we make sure you get the best medication possible.
BTW do you have a smoke detector going in there?
Stay safe.
Bill

Hi! I'm also sorry to hear of your condition. Bill is the man, please heed his advice. I grow in soil but I know at the very least, coco needs feed every day, as he previously noted, -you look very dry. And they look hungry. We are all here to help however we can! Pls look up current coco journals in progress

Welcome @Grower100

Honestly, as has been suggested a grow journal is your best bet to get the support and help. Tons of great folks on here who want nothing other then for you to succeed at growing your own medicine. I grow for pain management as well.

You have coco and vermiculite, with a manure bedding. Can you tell us if there is more coco and vermiculite then the manure?

I ask as coco and vermiculite contain no nutrients, and falls under hydroponics.
Whereas manure falls under a soil/organic and follows a different set of rules.
Both will take you to a beautiful plant, but what is your intentions? Are you planning on maintaining your current mix? And how much % roughly of each was added?

Bill is your guy when it comes to coco, and I know not a whole lot on it. But I thought it might be prudent to ask those questions.

Come back here and drop a link for a journal if you start one!

Welcome @Grower100

Honestly, as has been suggested a grow journal is your best bet to get the support and help. Tons of great folks on here who want nothing other then for you to succeed at growing your own medicine. I grow for pain management as well.

You have coco and vermiculite, with a manure bedding. Can you tell us if there is more coco and vermiculite then the manure?

I ask as coco and vermiculite contain no nutrients, and falls under hydroponics.
Whereas manure falls under a soil/organic and follows a different set of rules.
Both will take you to a beautiful plant, but what is your intentions? Are you planning on maintaining your current mix? And how much % roughly of each was added?

Bill is your guy when it comes to coco, and I know not a whole lot on it. But I thought it might be prudent to ask those questions.

Come back here and drop a link for a journal if you start one!
Hi @Rexer ,
It is my first grow and I am honestly so confused an condued by the whole process.
I have started a journal at
Thread 'First Indoor & Outdoor Grow'
First Indoor & Outdoor Grow

Please do advise there too.
Thanks and Regards,

Grower100

Back
Top Bottom