First Grow Pineapple Kush Auto By Big Daddy

Fly by... All well in here?
:thumb:keep it up!
As you can see, all is well here! Thanks for checking in :)

Cool update, and great to know the plants are turning out the good way. :goodjob:
Thanks for joining Sara and welcome!

Ideal RH for flower is around 45% depending on temps once the buds start forming. Read the first post here for great info on RH and temps:
Vapor Pressure Deficit & What It Means To You!
Thanks for your help as always

Please stop taking the fans off the plants! The fans are the only thing the plant has to produce sugar to make the buds you want. If you can see the pot while looking down from the top you have taken too many. I'm sure you've seen growers here do major defoliation but most of those have grown many many plants and practiced what they are doing. You seem to be doing it because you saw others do it or heard it was a good thing.

Now the plant has to stop producing flowers and start growing more fans. Buds grow without actually getting direct light through translocation.

Leave your plants alone and let them grow!
Hi Shed,
Thanks for worrying. I know you don't want me to accidentally kill off my plants and neither do I.
I actually read a lot up on defoilation Here and tried to replicate the @Bassman59 's methods pretty closely.
As well as they made a very interesting point which I copied below. Let me know what you think

Here is a really interesting point I found from a grower that on his first four trials saw a 4oz avg increase with yields of 12-15oz per plant. I really like his thoughts here. Follow it closely.

In nature, plants undergo leaf senescence as part of their strategy to survive. Senescence can be described
in plants as a change process as much as a dying process.
At some point in flower, I believe it is at the end of stretch, when maximum root and shoot mass have been
achieved, I think the fan leaves radically slow down photosynthetic production, starting with the bottom
leaves first.
Outdoors, uncultivated plants, which usually have had to make a meager living from whatever nutrients
occur naturally in the soil, begin consuming the nutrients stored in their leaves for flower production
. This is
mostly true of indicas as they usually have a much shorter season than sativas and grow in areas with
pronounced wet/dry cycles. Usually wet during the vegetative stage and dry during the flowering stage.
This is important as the roots are not as effective at extracting nutrients from the soil in dry cycles. The
energy stored in the fan leaves becomes a food bank during those times. I have seen research papers that
indicate a direct relationship between soil moisture and nitrogen uptake, for example.
Indoors, cultivated plants are still getting fed high quality nutrients and do not need the stored leaf nutrients
as much.

I strip the fan leaves at the end of stretch because I am looking for maximum plant mass. I have strong
vertical lighting and a 10 ft ceiling.
K33ftr33z and most other indoor growers, are using horizontal lighting with height restraints. As they need to
keep the plants shorter they can use vegetative defoliating as a means of restricting plant height. As
k33ftr33z has demonstrated, restricting height does not necessarily equate to lower bud count. So the point
at which you defoliate is dependent upon your technique.
The decision to defoliate or not is dependent upon your strain. My plant reacts well to it. Some won't.
As the cannabis plant can only propagate in the wild by seed, seed production is it's primary function. It is genetically programmed to produce seeds at all cost. Since we usually don't allow seeds this energy gets
focused on flower development. The plant will grow flowers, no matter what you do to it.
Research has demonstrated that almost all parts of a plant are capable of photosynthesis. When the large
fan leaves are stripped, the plant shifts whatever photosynthetic production is needed to other plant parts.
And immediately begins new leaf growth. As the fan leaves are now gone and the only option left is the bud
leaves, growth occurs there.
I believe the same hormonal stimuli that redirects growth to the bud leaves causes enhanced bud production.
The fans leaves of an uncultivated plant are there primarily for developing plant mass and to store nutrients
for flower production.

So what he's basically saying is since we are constantly giving them so much more and better nutrient, after the strong formation of the plant, the leaf is of much less use than a grown in the wild, meager available nutrient, need to store food leaf. Makes a lot of sense to me.

They will not grow thick buds
I hope not :eek::eek::eek:
I am hoping they will bloom into amazing beautiful fat nugs.
The guys from defoil thread I was reading, he was getting crazy stocky buds and resulting in around 10 oz per plant.
Granted guy has more experience and better set up than me but I am hoping if I can even get half of that per plant on my first grow, I'd be ecstatic

I hope so too :) That is all we want
Yeah I mean I know he had photos anx I have autos, so there's that difference but I am still learning the techniques.
I can't wait until I am experience enough to be pulling in that kinda weight from a single plant.
Mannnn, I would just harvest one or two times a year and I would be set on my medicine for the year haha

Yeah I mean I know he had photos anx I have autos, so there's that difference but I am still learning the techniques.
I can't wait until I am experience enough to be pulling in that kinda weight from a single plant.
Mannnn, I would just harvest one or two times a year and I would be set on my medicine for the year haha
10oz per plant? Indoor? With autos?

he had photos anx I have autos
You do what you want BD but I as you said, he had photos. Autos have a very limited lifespan and any damage to the plant requires time to repair that damage. You don't want your autos to have to spend a single minute recovering from damage. Defoliation is not a natural process. It's a stressful process.

And feed your plants or have living organic soil, the leaves do the photosynthetic work to create the sugar the plant needs to grow or flower. As AB said, flowers is what we all want. We're just saying you're not helping get there by stripping the plant bare.

It's your plant so you do what you like, but reading some guy's journal where he strips his photoperiod plants after many grows of practice doesn't mean you should do the same to your autos. Even newty scissorhands has perfected her stripping techniques and knows exactly what to take and why.

Hey BD! Hope all is well where you are. How are the plants doing this fine morning?
Hey Shed!
Plants are doing amazing, they are starting to fatten up a bit and they are looking happy and pretty.
Sorry for the lack of update, weekends are usually busiest time for me.
Which is why I usually update during the week.
I will post some pics tomorrow of the girls! ;)

Hey guys!
Here are some pics as promised and sorry I was running late and just took some pics in a hurry.
I didn't get as good of shots as I wanted.
Anyways girls are seriously starting to pack on some trichromes and they are looking healthy.
Ironically the little girl has fatter main cola but I think this is due to weak LST and didn't quite break the apical dominance.
Big girl's main cola is little skinnier but she has even canopy and more colas overall.
I can't wait til harvest to see how they turn out! :D

Hey guys just a quick update.
I managed to get the RH down and I think the RT should be okay here.
Maybe I will try to raise it a tad bit?
I am guessing they should be ready in couple of weeks. I can't wait :eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom