First PC Case Grow

I remember reading a post (not sure if it was here or on another forum. I'll try to find it) about how people harvest way too early and pay too much attention to the trichs and not enough to the pistils and the plant as a whole.
Whenever I've harvested going for a heady high I always felt like potency would've been better if I had let the plants mature. IMO (can't stress enough how much it's just an opinion with no science to back it up) if you're going for heady get sativas, if you're going for body high get indicas. Either way let them mature. People seem oddly scared of amber trichs.
My metaphor would be apples. You're not going to get a granny smith that tastes like a golden delicious no matter when you harvest. Accept you've got a granny smith and pluck that sucker off the tree once it's ripe.

If this is absolute BS let me know. Meanwhile I'll look for that post I mentioned. It was a good read and I think I'm not doing it justice.

Somewhat true.
Higher cloudy trichs/less amber produces MORE THC
Higher amber with lower cloudy produces MORE CBD/N.

THC is the psychoactive ingredient most of us are looking for, CBD/N is the more medical side of the girls.
when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram1.jpg

Rereading this I think my last post might've come off wrong and gone a bit off topic. Monitoring trichomes to get the desired effect is definetly a good idea, but harvesting early could sacrifice smell, taste and potency.
I remember when I was newer to growing freaking out reading stuff like amber trichomes = couchlock and less THC, which is true, but there'll still be plenty of THC and you're not going to be nodding out.
Personally, I find more mature buds to taste and smell better, as well as be less paranoia/anxiety inducing (I'm a nervous enough guy as it is).
I couldn't find the post I mentioned earlier but if you search keywords like harvest calyx terpene trichome etc there are some similar threads that are pretty interesting.

As far as when tunannator's plant will be ready. I don't know but my CFL grows would average at about 90 days (some 100+). Just keep an eye on her and maybe do some reasearch in the meantime. Everything there is to say has probably already been posted, you just have to find it.

Damn I'm wordy...:peacetwo:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom