Super Lemon Haze - LED - Soil - PC - Grow Journal

pallocup

Strain: Super Lemon Haze, feminized (Greenhouse Seeds)
Soil: FFOF (with approx 25% perlite mixed in), 1 gal. fabric pot
Light: 75w UFO LED
Ventilation: 2 80mm PC fan exhaust units w/ filters, one 80mm intake fan
Temps: typically low 70F-mid80F
Humidity: typically 20-40%

Hello, everyone! This is my second ever grow, my first was a successful grow in the same PC micro cab (sorry, no journal). I learned a lot from everyone here, and hope to learn even more the second go-round. Please weigh in with any advice or comments, I really look forward to sharing!

As of today, I am on day 10 of veg (from sprout). Things have been growing slowly compared to my first grow, not sure why exactly. The added perlite in my FFOF soil is a new addition from my first grow, perhaps that is slowing down early growth? I thought maybe there wasn't enough humidity, so I added a plastic bag over the plant for the last two days to try and raise the rH around the plant. We'll see if growth speeds up. Anybody else have thoughts on why growth might be so slow to start?

Thanks again! I will try and post new pics regularly, as well as some pics of the PC case itself. 1love!:love:

The pics below are from day 5 and day 10 (today) of veg. Slow grower, right?

veg-5.jpg
veg-10.jpg

Black--yeah, the heat shield is the best way I could figure out to keep the temps under control. The LED isn't too hot to begin with, but it's a good 5-10F degrees warmer in there without it.
Glimmer--Welcome, and thanks!

I have added an image from day 12, I am a tiny bit concerned because the little lady is a little bit yellow or lime green in color. The leaf stems are a bit red, so I am slightly concerned. I have not given her any nutrients yet, not sure if maybe it's time---but it feels a bit early for that. Anybody have thoughts what might give her that yellow tint? She gets watered about every three days, I don't think she's overwatered. Light cycle is 18/6 now.
v-121.jpg

I think she's fine Pallo. My afghani plants have similar lime green splashes/shades on the leafs. If you give her nutrient feedings she will begin to turn a forrest green. The bright green is just fine in my play book. Wish I could input on your red stems but I've never seen them in my own grow. Peace dude, keep her green :hippy:

I've heard that green house seeds are more delicate. I'd just give it an additional week or two before feeding her nutes. Keep a close eye on her ya know. As far as FF soils go, my go to is the organic planting mix. It's made with earthworm castings and it's "organic" enough to be commercially organic.

Hmm, I hadn't heard that about the Greenhouse seeds---good to know. I will use a different soil next go-round with this strain I think regardless. Seems to be having difficulty with the FFOF. I will look into the organic planting mix. :thumb:

Here's a new pic, now officially two weeks old. Coloring looks about the same. Not better, but not worse I suppose. Still growing a little slow, but growing. The cotyledon leaves are on the verge of falling off, once those are gone I may try a small amount of nutes and see what happens.

v-14.jpg

my 2 northern lights also started abit yellow , but few days later got green and healthy , and they're in day 17 but still didn't feed them except once with quarter dosage
great light u have there , how many lumens does it give ?

kat---cool, glad to hear your plants recovered. I'm not sure how many lumens my light gives off. It's a full-spectrum light, not sure if that helps. It's rated at 75W but certainly draws less than that. Are you using LED? I've only started with it, and wonder what lights have worked well for people (in a super small space). Thanks for checking in!

kat---cool, glad to hear your plants recovered. I'm not sure how many lumens my light gives off. It's a full-spectrum light, not sure if that helps. It's rated at 75W but certainly draws less than that. Are you using LED? I've only started with it, and wonder what lights have worked well for people (in a super small space). Thanks for checking in!

no man i'v just started my first grow with cfls and 2 plants for now , i wanted to go cheap first to learn everything and calculate all the expenses including the electricity bill , but i'm definitely gonna buy LED for my next grow , might be a bit expensive but u save power and much less heat problems than HPS

Day 20 --- The newer leaves are staying green for now, the stems are still a little red on some of the newer growth but it appears to be fading a bit. I've started giving her a diluted dose of nutes which seems to be helping. Within the next day or so I think I am going to top her. Her fifth set of leaves is coming in now, so once those get a little bigger I am going to cut her down to the third node. Excited to see how she responds!

v-20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom