Yes, exactly! I got some dark blue glass bottles from the 'zon for this purpose. They hold about 9ml of oil. I hope the roller ball top comes off so I can refill them. :)
07-58-45-Amazon.com _ 6, Cobalt Blue, 10 ml Glass Roll-on Bottles with Stainless Steel Ro.png

PKXL Oil Update #1:

I rolled the oil on my aching hands last night. The oil has a noticeably weedy smell when it first goes on, but that fades quickly.

On the left hand, the pain vanished almost instantly! On the right, nothing. I figured I might need to wait a bit to get a good assessment, but 15 min later, I realized I had no pain. NONE! :yahoo:

This morning, both shoulders were aching, and since I overfilled one bottle a little, I wiped the excess oil off on my shoulders. No more pain! :yahoo: Is the placebo effect in play, or does it actually work? I'm waiting for some body part to start hurting again so I can do another test. :p

I fixed up a roller bottle for my 84-year-old mom who's got a wide variety of painful ailments and rubbed some on her back, the most painful body part. She came back a few minutes later and asked for some on a different part of her back. When I checked in with her about a half hour later, she reported that back feels good, and she can walk without pain. She's cautiously optimistic! Maybe I'll put some plain grape seed oil into another roller bottle to test for placebo... :laugh:

Sounds like your CBD oil is working a treat. I was thinking about making oil for drops or capsules, but a roll-on oil or cream would be pretty handy. How many bottles did you end up filling up? It'll be nice to see how long that 9-10ml lasts and if the effects remain as effective.

I've filled three roller bottles so far and have most of the oil left. I use mine every couple hours, and so far, the volume hasn't decreased enough that I notice a difference, so I'm thinking each bottle will last a few weeks.

Mostly, I use it for the arthritis in my hands, but I've been plagued with a tender shoulder lately, maybe a strain of some kind, and the oil works great on that, too. :yahoo:

Yes, exactly! I got some dark blue glass bottles from the 'zon for this purpose. They hold about 9ml of oil. I hope the roller ball top comes off so I can refill them. :)
07-58-45-Amazon.com _ 6, Cobalt Blue, 10 ml Glass Roll-on Bottles with Stainless Steel Ro.png
We tried this method the first batch of topical that we made. Didn't dispatch enough to cover my lower back very well so we switched to bottles with droppers. Makes application much easier. The roll ons are great for smaller areas, not so much for a big dude like me with my back issue.

Yah, I was thinking that a larger roll-on applicator would be really helpful for big areas like the back, legs, etc. Like deodorant size. I'll keep an eye out. :)

Gorilla Glue #4 x White Widow

5w1d from seed, 3w4d in veg. She's doing fine. No issues to report. Just training and occasionally snipping the big fan leaves to slow her growth a tad and make it easier to get down in there.

CBD Hash Plant

11w4d from seed, 3w4d in flower. Still puzzled about the yellow/white clumps in the buds. I tried to zoom in on them for a good look, but it's hard to tell what's going on in there.

Just a few photo updates. :)

5w3d from seed, 3w6d in veg. I trimmed her way back this morning, partly to slow her growth (can't let her get too tall, or she'll run into the same bleaching problem the other plant had).

CBD Hash Plant

11w6d from seed, 3w6d in flower. SO! I posted those photos of the yellow balls to the Ask Us Anything thread. Two kind members piped in to say it looked like light bleaching. LOL @ me. So THAT's what light bleaching looks like. My eyesight is not the best, but now I know it's not balls I'm seeing but whitened calyxes. :(

I snipped off those bleached tops, remembering Light Addict's back building thread and knowing it won't hurt them and might even help.

I'm going to watch a while if you don't mind.
Thanks, Van! I'm pleased with my girls' progress. I wonder... am I the only one who talks to them as if they were pets? Not baby voice, but I explain what feed I'm giving them, exclaim how pretty they are, ask them to make "momma" some pretty flowers, etc. :) Maybe it makes no difference, but maybe it does!
No, you're not the only one. :bongrip:

So I've thought about this bleaching thing. It's something to consider but I'm a bit unsure what has caused it in your situation. A couple things crossed my mind which is mostly herb muddled at best.

I first noticed something when you harvested Lemon Candy coco. The flower formation just doesn't look right. Too many irregular sugar leaves (which are in my opinion just short fans with short petioles) and lots of fans with longer petioles throughout the cola. It gives me the feeling that there was some type of lighting issue. It makes me think the plant went from flower then re-vegged and possibly just flipped back and forth.

full

I see the same irregular growth just beginning in the CBD HP shown below.
full

I taped up what pinholes I could see (tent lights on, room dark), in case the tent is playing any role in the hermification of my plants.
Alien was an auto, so she was never in this tent, but she was also in coco with AN nutes. The common denominator is this tent/light, but it isn't happening to every plant that flowers in it.

ARGH!

Now there are few areas you could check. Digital timers can run lots of different schedules. Pin types can also be altered by handling. Simple advice here is inspect what you expect. If running 12/12 try to verify on and off marks.

BTW....I love all your detail.

He got us up and running, and then ran a new circuit for my room AC unit so it wouldn't overload the room's circuit (anymore).
I guess sufficient interruptions could have caused issues for the plant. They are very complex.

It pleased me to see Van Stank over here. He's one of the best.

One other thing. I'm not sure about the lamp itself. I run Mars and they have "grow" switch and "bloom" switch with fully changes the spectrum of the LEDs. I've always tried to run both during flower. I've not looked into your situation. Heck it could be just plain insufficient light. If you have switches for grown and bloom I hope you've been consistent here. I started with CFLs. I have big wish list too.

Have you ever noticed any difference in the light at leaf level or have there been any abrupt unusual temperature changes. I don't know much about lamps but I do know electrical components can overheat and stop working, then cool down and start a cycle. Anyway....just something for Mack the grower to investigate if she so chooses but getting it right should certainly improve that bud structure.

Now that brings me to my assumption. I've assumed the genetics will grow a tighter bud structure and I give no consideration to nutrients or soil condition. I've been wrong before. Overall....plants look great and you've certainly learned an art. :bongrip:

So I've thought about this bleaching thing. It's something to consider but I'm a bit unsure what has caused it in your situation. A couple things crossed my mind which is mostly herb muddled at best.

Wow! Thank you so much for the observations and advice! Much appreciated! I'm still a newbie, but challenges like these help us grow as growers, right? :)

I first noticed something when you harvested Lemon Candy coco. The flower formation just doesn't look right. Too many irregular sugar leaves (which are in my opinion just short fans with short petioles) and lots of fans with longer petioles throughout the cola. It gives me the feeling that there was some type of lighting issue. It makes me think the plant went from flower then re-vegged and possibly just flipped back and forth.

Yes! And her fan leaves looked like they were cramping -- the 3 leaves in the middle sort of bunching up together. So odd. I was quite annoyed by all the huge fan leaves poking out from the colas while I was trimming her. :p But she smokes really nice! lol

I see the same irregular growth just beginning in the CBD HP shown below.

Yikes! I can only hope that swapping the Mars-Hydro lamp in the flower tent will nip that in the bud, so to speak. ;)

BTW....I love all your detail.

Cool, thanks! I often omit the feed info when it's "same stuff, different day."

It pleased me to see Van Stank over here. He's one of the best.

You and me both! He's been super helpful.

One other thing. I'm not sure about the lamp itself. I run Mars and they have "grow" switch and "bloom" switch with fully changes the spectrum of the LEDs. I've always tried to run both during flower. I've not looked into your situation. Heck it could be just plain insufficient light. If you have switches for grown and bloom I hope you've been consistent here. I started with CFLs. I have big wish list too.

Now that the M-H is in that tent, I have both bloom and grow switches on, so she gets full spectrum. The GroWant doesn't have those switches. In the veg tent, I don't think that's necessary anyway.

When I take my photos, I use a photo of a gray card taken under each tent's light to do my white balancing. What I thought was strange is that when the GroWant was in the flower tent, the white-balancing image was a dark bluish red, more like a garnet color than the "blurple" we often see in photos that haven't been white-balanced. The color of the gray card image under the Mars-Hydro is much more purple than red.

In the veg tent, the GroWant looks purple enough that I can use the same white-balancing image for both tents. It isn't that dark red it was in the flower tent. I have to wonder if the reason it was so red-looking in the other tent was because I had the power cable plugged in wrong. ?? Anything's possible, I guess.

Have you ever noticed any difference in the light at leaf level or have there been any abrupt unusual temperature changes. I don't know much about lamps but I do know electrical components can overheat and stop working, then cool down and start a cycle. Anyway....just something for Mack the grower to investigate if she so chooses but getting it right should certainly improve that bud structure.

I haven't noticed any odd fluctuations of power lately. The temps are fairly steady during the day and come down a bit at night. Now, back when I had electrical issues, I occasionally lost power in the room from a tripped breaker and had to reset it. I'm home most of the time, so when that happened, I was able to correct it pretty much right away, but there may have been a time or two that I didn't notice it immediately.

Once that electrical problem was solved, I haven't had a single tripped breaker. The timers are both set as desired, but they're the cheap kind.

Now that brings me to my assumption. I've assumed the genetics will grow a tighter bud structure and I give no consideration to nutrients or soil condition. I've been wrong before. Overall....plants look great and you've certainly learned an art. :bongrip:

Thank you! Every grow teaches me something new. One day, I hope to have it all nailed down. :)

6w1d from seed, 4w4d in veg. I trimmed her back a little more this morning, hoping to let some more light get to the lowest nodes so they can catch up. I should be able to maintain a more or less even canopy until she graduates to the flower tent in 3-4 weeks.

She's doing great on the drip feed. I have the 3 lines going in. It dispenses for 50 seconds every 3 hours, which seems like enough for now, but I'll bump it up to 60 seconds maybe next week. Last week, a little of that would dribble out, but now, none does.

I received a HUUUUUUUUGE jug of Terpinator as one of the prizes for Photo of the Month, so both girls have been getting that in their feed this last week.

Her daily feed contains:
AN SensiGrow for Coco A/B @ 1T/gal
Mammoth P @ .5ml / gal
Terpinator @ .5T / gal
Great White Mycorrhizae @ .25t / gal

CBD Hash Plant

12w4d from seed, 4w4d in flower. Seems like the GroWant 480 was the issue -- too intense for the space/height of the plant. I need a bigger tent, but before that, I need a bigger house! haha. I haven't noticed any new light balls/spots/calyxes since swapping lamps. *whew*

Her daily feed contains:
AN SensiBloom for Coco A/B @ 1T/gal
Mammoth P @ 1.5ml / gal
Terpinator @ 1T / gal
Every other gallon: Great White Mycorrhizae @ .25t / gal

Another attempt at cannabutter! This time, I tried the Instant Pot method. (Thanks, @SweetSue!)

I used 7.5g buds (Skunk #1 Fast) in 1c + 1T clarified butter. (It took 3 sticks of butter to make 1 cup of clarified.)

IMG_20180717_072523.jpg
Butter and weed went into a pint mason jar, which was then shaken gently. The jar was lightly sealed (a tiny bit of play in the top) and placed into the Instant Pot, which was then filled to the "butter level" (about halfway up the jar) with water. Under the jar was a cast iron trivet to keep the jar off the bottom of the IP.

IMG_20180717_072902.jpg
Set it on Soup and adjusted the pressure to high and time to 110 minutes.

When the Instant Pot beeped, I moved the pressure release switch to release position and waited until it was quiet -- a few minutes. Then I opened the lid.

The butter inside the jar was brown and boiling (rolling boil!), even though the water in the IP wasn't. I let it stand for 30 min, then used canning tongs to remove the jar and set it on the metal grate on the stove top to continue cooling gradually.
IMG_20180717_114850.jpg

When cool enough to handle bare-handed, I put a (new) knee-high stocking in a second pint jar with the top end folded down the jar's side to form a filter. Then I poured the butter/herb mixture into the stocking, lifted it up to drain, and squeezed out as much as I could. It worked really well to get the herb out of the butter! Then just threw away the stocking. I could have used the herby butter mix in some mashed potatoes or something, but meh.

I mixed in ½ T of lecithin and returned the jar to the IP still filled with hot water to warm the butter and stir, stir, stir.
IMG_20180717_115845.jpg

Next, I used ½ c of the butter in a box cookie mix, leaving ½ c for next time. The butter is a dark greenish brownish color and smells weedy, but the kitchen does not, which is a good thing. Baked 35 small cookies, hoping that 1 cookie=1 dose, rather than ½ cookie = 1 dose. (I used half the weed I usually do for that amount of butter.)

Back and all caught up! That is a big ass jar of terpinator that they send huh? I don't use anything in a bottle anymore but I do hear people speak highly of it. Not sure if it will mess up my soil or not....guess I could try it on a single plant and see what it does.

We have some great sponsors!!

6w1d from seed, 4w4d in veg. I trimmed her back a little more this morning, hoping to let some more light get to the lowest nodes so they can catch up. I should be able to maintain a more or less even canopy until she graduates to the flower tent in 3-4 weeks.

She's doing great on the drip feed. I have the 3 lines going in. It dispenses for 50 seconds every 3 hours, which seems like enough for now, but I'll bump it up to 60 seconds maybe next week. Last week, a little of that would dribble out, but now, none does.

I received a HUUUUUUUUGE jug of Terpinator as one of the prizes for Photo of the Month, so both girls have been getting that in their feed this last week.

Her daily feed contains:
Mammoth P @ .5ml / gal
Terpinator @ .5T / gal
Great White Mycorrhizae @ .25t / gal

CBD Hash Plant

12w4d from seed, 4w4d in flower. Seems like the GroWant 480 was the issue -- too intense for the space/height of the plant. I need a bigger tent, but before that, I need a bigger house! haha. I haven't noticed any new light balls/spots/calyxes since swapping lamps. *whew*

Her daily feed contains:
AN SensiBloom for Coco A/B @ 1T/gal
Mammoth P @ 1.5ml / gal
Terpinator @ 1T / gal
Every other gallon: Great White Mycorrhizae @ .25t / gal

I have started using Terpinator and I really like what I see. Chris Scorpio uses t as well.

CBD Hash Plant

Harvested! She was 14w2d from seed at the time, 8w from flip/6w3d with pistils. Yield was 244g wet. Not terribly impressive, but for an indoor grow with lighting issues, I'm just glad she made it to harvest! :p

IMG_20180728_113624.jpg

8w1d from seed, 6w4d in veg. I trimmed her way back when I put her in the flower tent. Now I see some leaf abnormalities. <cry>

Her daily drip feed (~6oz every 4 hours) contains:
Terpinator @ .5T / gal (roughly 8-10ml / gal)
Great White Mycorrhizae @ .25t / gal (every other gallon)

I'll back off on the Terpinator for a little while to see if she improves. Meanwhile, I'll try a good, hearty flush with pH-adjusted water…

Back
Top Bottom