Dank's Soil/Hydro Auto Grow Under CFLs

Yeah that room is thermostat controlled, plus I have voltage control on the pc fans, so I have total control over the temps. Res temp has only been high once, and I just pulled the plant out, and added 2 small ice cubes. I waited until the ice had melted, then replaced the plant once i adjusted ph. Thanks for the info on temps, i will try to build a chiller in the near future, should be able to salvage a small pc fan for free somewhere, they don't cost much, but I won't turn down some free shit.

Sorry not very computer literate yet, it was my avatar pic I was talking about, but I figured it out. I'm giving the roots another bath, got up this morning, and res temp was high. I pulled the plant out, and the brown seems to have gotten worse, so they are soaking in Dutch Master Zone.

Good info again, I will add some peroxide. I rinsed with the Zone already, and replaced the nutrient solution, since the plant had consumed most of it anyway, and I wasn't sure if I should put the old solution back in there.

Good info again, I will add some peroxide. I rinsed with the Zone already, and replaced the nutrient solution, since the plant had consumed most of it anyway, and I wasn't sure if I should put the old solution back in there.
good move on replacing old solution..it was contaminated..:thumb:

Hello everyone, day 7 of flower for the pixie, and everything is looking good. I replaced the nutrient solution with 1/4 strength Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2 days ago, and I added 1/2 a teaspoon H202 to the res last night. Since I changed the res, she has used about 1/4 of the solution, and she looks pretty good today. The roots look way better, and the res seems cleaner since I added the peroxide.
20130918_144211.jpg
20130918_144222.jpg
20130918_144243.jpg
20130918_144250.jpg

The white on the leaves is just diatomaceous earth, which shouldn't hurt anything, so i just left it on there.

You know, for a while there I wasn't quite sure what Diatomaceous earth even was. Turns out its prehistoric diotomes which are microscopic to large shelled creatures that have collected in certain areas. They contain above 90% silica, a little bit of iron oxides and some clay minerals. They apparently even use it in some toothpastes as a grit. Crazy right?

That seems like a lot of DE to use, does it adversely affect the plant at all and what happens when you water?

I haven't watered the soil plant since I applied the diatomaceous earth, but I used it in the last grow, and there were no ill effects. I plan to water today, probably when the lights come on, so I guess we will see in the next few days.

Damn, I wish I could have a couple of these growing in my PC case! That would make a micro-scrog! I'm subbed Dank ;)
Welcome AG, good to have you, and I'll have an update tonight.

It is day 11 of flower, and things are looking a lot better, especially the roots. There is some new root growth since I had to prune them, nice white, healthy looking roots. The plant appears very lush and healthy, no ph spotting, and no defs so far, which is a huge relief. I have no pests, and I spray my property for the bastards at least twice a week, mostly because my wife's hibiscus attracts mites and aphids. The solution in the res is about 1/5 of the recommended dosage of tiger bloom, with 1/3 tsp hydrogen peroxide. I received my seeds from herbies today, and will be starting some of them before I harvest these autos.
20130923_160023.jpg
20130923_160038.jpg
Here's some pics, hope you are all growing well!

That little lady is growing fast! Everything is looking excellent in here. Keep it green Dank ;)
Yeah I think I'm going to build a bigger dwc, or maybe rdwc system, I really like the growth rate, just have to get a chiller. Damn res temps were an issue for a minute, but the ice packs are working nicely, really glad I picked those up.

Day 14 of flower, and she is very happy now, with some nice roots. She now has some trichomes, and is really starting to smell nice. I have been increasing the nutes steadily, but I think I will back off on the next res change. She looks very healthy, but her leaves are a little green, like maybe too much N. Here's some pics, what do you guys think?
20130926_122628.jpg
20130926_122700.jpg
20130926_122710.jpg

This is the seedling after 13 days.
20130926_122941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom