Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

Pots In Limbo

I was giving them a vigorous watering this evening when I noticed a small surprise in the living mulch.

image21346.jpg

image21345.jpg

What a lovely little burst of brightness! I'll have to work on getting something that blooms pink to grow in there.

I think this is one of the most amazing sights. All that line and texture! Oooooo! :love:

image21347.jpg

Just a couple more days to rest and get ready. Waiting on seeds is the hardest part. Note to self: make those choices and purchases earlier next time.

image21348.jpg

I spent the entire day toasted on brownies. I'm going to have one last one right now. Be right back. ..............

OK. I'm back. Brownies - delicious and potent. Three got things rolling and then every two hours or so I just had another. I'm celebrating. :laughtwo:

I haven't heard from Dale for a while. He may have finally relaxed enough to get some sound sleep. I'm sure the brownies helped. I need to find a more compact method than brownies, mostly because I can't resist brownies.

I'm trying to save the rest for tomorrow. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I think I posted this before but try making a chocolate sauce and mix with nuts, as you want to have another. :)

two teaspoons baking coco
add some canna oil - for me 1/4 teaspoon (its potent, I use entire colas and buds for my canna oil in crock pot sized batches)
add some Agave, or any sweet syrup (the water in the syrup will make the coco mix into a sauce)
add dash of salt (offsets the bitter from the coco)
add a few nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans..your choice)
eat it out of the small mix bowl or ramekin you mixed in
MMMmmmmm good stuff :love:

:peace:

I think I posted this before but try making a chocolate sauce and mix with nuts, as you want to have another. :)

two teaspoons baking coco
add some canna oil - for me 1/4 teaspoon (its potent, I use entire colas and buds for my canna oil in crock pot sized batches)
add some Agave, or any sweet syrup (the water in the syrup will make the coco mix into a sauce)
add dash of salt (offsets the bitter from the coco)
add a few nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans..your choice)
eat it out of the small mix bowl or ramekin you mixed in
MMMmmmmm good stuff :love:

It's a good recipe, well worth repeating here. Thanks. I wanted to try it. I'm going to work up something similar too, with toasted oats and coconut. Mmmmmm.

the pot pot just keeps on giving back to you sue,, seems to appreciate your kindness,, hope your seeds arrive safe and soon,, cheers

Will you be continuing the SWICK next run, sue? Seems like it is a good idea and you liked it. Any thoughts on improvements to the concept after using it? I'm just curious, never used one. I think they are a pretty darn smart idea though. Most new growers seem to have at least some trouble watering properly.

And sue, you inspired me, I'm eating one of my weed cake squares next Monday. Going fishing and it is supposed to be in low 60's here. Bad for snowpack, but for cabin fever. :)
Hope your day was good.

Did you get a "weed hangover" from the brownies? Sleepy and lethargic next morning?

Keep the recipes coming guys. I'm looking for quick and easy ways to get cannabis into him. As his health continues it's inevitable decline we will need to move away from smoking. This is the end game of my entire plan.

The pudding idea is perfect! xtrchessreal, would you please share your recipe for slow cooker canna oil? I want to know how YOU do it.

I've already fortified myself with three brownies for breakfast, so I'll have to get back to you on the hangover question CO. I got a call at 1:30 AM that they were transferring Dale to the hospital. Disoriented and not himself. I watched this develop yesterday as he became more agitated by the hour. The good news: he will get the medical care he needs while in the hospital. The level of neglect that passes for care in our nursing homes is frightening. He is more damaged physically than when they accepted him into their care. Driving me a bit nuts.

The bad news: I have no idea what I'll find when I get there. Hence the brownies. I can feel the calmness gently seeping through the building tension. Let's see what madness this day thinks can shake me up. I'm taking backup brownies with me. :laughtwo::green_heart:

CO, the SWICKs will be a permanent installation in my garden. I think it had a lot to do with my girl's success. The only improvement I would like to make would be to have a slightly larger reservoir that would allow for a pipe or cup or cut off bottle in the corners for easier refilling and depth gauging. They made my life so easy. I highly recommend them.

Remember to add 25% more aeration component to the soil for better wicking. If your soil has less aeration I'd recommend you try it anyway to see how it works. I mean, how easy was that?

Dutty, I'm touched. :love:

Wish me luck guys. Here I go.

Try three magic brownies, wait an hour and then stand in the foggy dark beside a busy artery waiting for a bus. HA! That was cool! :laughtwo::green_heart:

You can't see the river from the bridge. When I was a girl I used to wonder if at times heavy fog the world didn't just stop there in the fog. I read a lot of science fiction and watched Outer Limits. I was a geeky little kid who daydreamed a lot. I liked her.

Yep. Three brownies is a good dose for me. I should try two. They taste so good I ate three before I realized it. But three is nice. This bus trip is 1 1/2 hours with one transfer. This morning, current medical emergency and all, is more relaxed than many others have been.

:Namaste:

ha,, good morning sue,, speaking of fog,, whem i read your post i had a fog flashback,, we went to see the grand canyon a few years ago,, in february,,,, nuf said,, fools,,,

however,, when we get to the edge of the grand canyon,, it wasn't there........

it was so foggy and snowy that we could not see two feet into the canyon,, sure there is a hole there,, sure there is,,, haha. it did clear up the next day, so we saw it all,, but some folks who took the train in,, quite expensive,, never saw the hole at all,,,

cheers sue,, have a fine day

Ahhhh nivek, thanks for that good laugh. Dale appreciated the levity.

I've seen the canyon. My friends laughed while I skittered across those rocks like a small child. They were afraid to get too close to the edge and I couldn't get out far enough. I wanted to lay on my stomach and get waaaaay out there over the edge! It was potentially a once in a lifetime experience and I wanted to remember it all!

Dale's never been, but then he's been in the middle of the ocean (Navy man) and I haven't, so we're even.:laughtwo::green_heart:

Did you get a "weed hangover" from the brownies? Sleepy and lethargic next morning?

This happens to me, feels like I wake up just in time to take a nap :)

My baby takes six cookies in the morning another couple in the afternoon and maybe another two or three around dinner...SMH :love:

But shes been smokin' it since she was 13. I can only do one serving or I'll be feeling ready to pass out.

Xtrchessreal's Crock Pot Canna Oil

Basic idea is to slow cook the marijuana. As with any vegetable that you cook in a slow cooker, while it is cooking the cells break down and release nutrients while allowing the space between cells to be replaced by the medium such as water. In slow cooking the water has the nutrients, flavinoids, oils from the other vegetables and herbs in the mixture. As long and the water isn't boiling you will retain most of the good nutrients in the medium. This is why soups and stews are so much better than baking, frying, saute' etc.

Slow cooking cannabis allows a high percentage of the THCA and CBDA etc to bond with another vegatable oil while also decarboxylating the THCA to THC and the CBDA to CBD. Water boils at around 215 F plus or minus depending on your air pressure. High elevations mean low air pressure which translates to higher temps to make the water boil, low elevation means high pressure which translates to lower temps to make the water boil. This is why NY, New Orleans, LA, San Francisco have 5 star restaurants and nobody else does...IMHO.

I use the small original Crock Pot brand that has no temp settings for Canna Oil. In order to regulate the temp to no more than 215 F I put water in the mixture. As long as there is water in there it is impossible to heat any higher.

Water collects the chlorophyll which removes the harsh taste from the canna oil, the oil collects the THC and CBD.

I use:
over an ounce of cola and bud
1 cup Refined Coconut oil
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/4 Canola oil
1 cup water

You can add other types of oil as well which is recommended as each oil has a different density and viscosity which helps to bond with all the varying components of the cannabis. Coconut oil has the highest saturated fat but its good for you and has the best high heat tolerance for baking, Olive oil has a lower heat/burn point. Be sure you don't bake at temps higher than the oil burn point. The saturated fats are what the THC and CBD bonds to. The end result is you get the most potency and range of use.

nutritionofcannabis.png

Cook covered. You may need to add more water if the cannabis does not sink completely into the mixture but I would wait after cooking for an hour or two before adding more water, that way the cannabis will have a chance to break down into a mash first. Also you might be able to add more cannabis into the pot to make a very potent cannabis oil. Technically there is probably a point of diminishing returns but I haven't found that yet. :)

Let it cook for 12 or more hours, smash the cannabis many times with a potato smasher once an hour until you get bored. This also breaks down the material so you can squeeze out as much of the oil as possible when you strain later. Check the water level which is not easy since oil floats on water. If not sure use a glass cooking thermometer it should not be more than 215 F, add water if higher.

After 12 hours or so strain the mixture through a screen mesh type colander into a big 4 cup glass measuring bowl or a glassware mix bowl large enough for the colander to sit on without leaking around the edges. I use my hands after it is just warm and take a clump of the mash and squeeze as much as I can from it and repeat until it has all been squeezed. The mashed clumps go into the trash - until I find a use for it anyway - any ideas? The oils and THC feels good on the hands I usually rub it into my skin. It could make a good compress for Dale's amputated leg. I read that somewhere.

You shouldn't smoke it for two reasons; 1, you just took all the THC and CBD out of it; 2, the carcinogens from burning oil smoke are extremely unhealthy for you. If I knew of a recipe to eat it I would but, the taste is terrible at that concentration. Even in our VitaMix the stems don't break down well so, a smoothie is more of a chunkie that gets in your teeth and grosses me out anyway.

Let the bowl set on the counter for a while until cooled down enough for the refrigerator. The water will sink slowly as the oil rises. Once the oil has set up solid over night I use a chop stick and make a hole at the edge where it meets the glass and then another 180 degrees the other side. Now I can pour the water out from under the oil with very little effort and mess just be careful. Work fast so the oil doesn't warm up and you don't end up dumping your oil into the sink.

There may be a use for this water as a tea for a LOS soil, I don't know for sure but since many of the nutrients are in it perhaps someone could chime in with that answer. Maybe even a concentrate to mix for a drink to get all of the benefits of the cannabis - I've never tried that but it makes since, I just need a recipe.

Many people with GI problems use the leaves perhaps there is something in the leftover tea to use?

I usually test a small amount of the oil at first to check the potency, my baby just licks her hands after squeezing :love:

One last thing, there are many different ways of making Canna oil, this is my favorite, its long and I mash a lot but it brings me happiness.

Xtrchessreal, BIG HUG. :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

You had me howling a few times there.

Back
Top Bottom