Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

Just want to drop my 2 cents on this subject. Sue I have been also doing research on decarboxylation and cannabinoids in general, and yeah Its a chemical reaction that uses heat as a catalyzer we all agree on that, now if the heat source is controlled (baking, confit, poaching, hot air, slow cure, microwave, to name a few) my only guess (from my cooks perspective) the end product is gonna be different in every case.

Now if I am going to bake, the heat is gonna decarb the Cannabis so in my theory it should be raw.

Now here is an experiment waiting to happen; I want to slow poach my wet buds in a sous-vide bag (0.001% Oxygen inside) at a 60-65 Celsius water for a period of time (depending on the amount of buds weight), then proceed to my oven drying method. My intrigue here is What happens to the Carbon atoms that are released in the decarb process when their is a Oxygen free environment (sous-vide). Another question; the Oxygen free sealed bag tends to accentuate taste when this technique is use for cooking, will it do the same for the buds? How about if we could preserve buds and age them in distilled water stored sous-vide in wine like storage methods, controlled RH%, heat, air... than 3 years later you open your sealed bag, dry your bud and smoke your 3 year aged bud.

To me the possibilities are endless.

:peace:

You amaze me. I'm in awe of your mad scientist brain. I'm so glad we met. :love:

I also agree with the statement of Sativas being the ultimate high. Where indica dominants are narcotic strains and Sativa dominants are psychedelic strains. I also believe that the amount of UVB/UBA in the tropics is the reason for the Sativa to be such a magnificent high its known that the farther you are from the equator the less exposure there is to UVB radiation (Hindu Kush is far from the tropical equator).

In the wild Sativas I wish to try are the original Lambs bread that legendary Jamaican landrace, the infamous Punto Rojo a Colombian landrace, the african Malawi Gold that grows like grass every where, and the Mexican Oaxaca which might just be that seed in your mexican brick weed. Landrace are spectacular and abstractly beautiful plants.

In the wild Sativas I wish to try are the original Lambs bread that legendary Jamaican landrace, the infamous Punto Rojo a Colombian landrace, the african Malawi Gold that grows like grass every where, and the Mexican Oaxaca which might just be that seed in your mexican brick weed. Landrace are spectacular and abstractly beautiful plants.

I'm growing Punta Roja right now....well, I'm germing seeds of it anyways.

Magic Brownies: Sweetsue Style

It was. 10:26 when I ingested. I only document that here in case I get so high I can't finish. :laughtwo:

I wanted to try extracting the THC using a sauté method. The object of this is to make some magic brownies to take to Dale. He insisted I try one tonight to gauge the potency.

MAKING THE OIL

We begin by gathering the plant material. Luckily, I'd planned on making two batches, so I only erroneously decarboxylized half. Even more fortunate, the batch I left untouched had the popcorn buds from the Bomb. :cheer:

I used 14 grams of cannabis sugar leaves and popcorn buds to the 1/2 cup of oil. Adjust accordingly.

image21254.jpg

image21256.jpg

It all gets added to 1/2 cup of oil that has been heated with a moderate flame for about one minute. I used a non-stick pan because it would be easier to get every last bit of oil out of it in the end.

image21257.jpg

All the recipes I found said to crush the cannabis into a powder, or flour consistency. That didn't sit well with me. If I smash or crush it all up ahead of time don't I damage the trichomes I've worked so hard to protect? Wouldn't I lose a sizable percentage of their bounty as it becomes smeared onto the surface of whatever container I did all that crushing in? I didn't like that idea, so I tossed it all in and began to sauté.

image21258.jpg

I stood there and stirred and smashed and swished and smashed and jabbed..... You get the idea. I kept that up for a full 45 minutes. I found my little curved silicon spatula worked best for all that manipulation.

image21259.jpg

The trickiest part was determining the best heat. Too cool and you don't extract enough of the THC. Too hot and you burn the oil. You're looking for just beneath a simmer. I've been cooking since I was 12. This wasn't a big challenge for me.

I spent that time having a nice conversation with Dale. What a bonus! My thoughts on not crushing the plant material was that it would be sufficiently mashed up by the time I was done. This is what it looked like halfway through the cooking process.

image21260.jpg

At the end of the cooking time you set the oil and mash aside for an hour to cool. That timing was completely arbitrary. It seemed that an hour would surely be sufficient.

After it's cool you'll strain the plant matter out.

image21262.jpg

I purchased a fine screen coffee filter on the way home today to use in the straining process. This got set into my Pyrex measuring cup and the oil and mash got dumped in.

image21263.jpg

image21264.jpg

Using the spatula, gently press the mash to get as much oil out as possible. Don't rush this. I set it in and walked away for a few minutes and then spent probably five more minutes gently pressing. In the end I got 1/3 cup of the original 1/2 cup out.

image21265.jpg

Top off the canna oil with regular to get the 1/2 cup you need for brownies.

image21266.jpg

LET'S MAKE SOME BROWNIES

This was easy. I used a box mix and used three eggs to make cake brownies. Extra protein is important for those doing peritoneal dialysis, so I always look for ways to get more eggs into his diet. We'll need three eggs, three tablespoons of water and our canna oil.

image21267.jpg

Eggs and water. I like to beat them up in advance. Just me.

image21269.jpg

Canna oil

image21270.jpg

Brownie mix.

image21272.jpg

Stir it all up and pour it into the buttered pan.

image21273.jpg

Cook at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.

image21275.jpg

Take the time to lick the bowl clean. Seriously. Don't waste a drop.

image21274.jpg

image21276.jpg

Clean up the mess while the brownies bake. A good cook cleans as she goes.

Let them cool for a while.

image21277.jpg

This was a 9x13 pan. I cut them into 32 little doses. Some of them are obviously larger. I've never been good at getting those cuts equal. :laughtwo:

image21278.jpg

It's been an hour since I ate that one. The rule is wait an hour to gauge the effect. I'm definitely feeling the effects at this point. A pleasant edge to it that's hard to describe. I'm going to try another. I'm up till 2AM these days anyway. It's all in the name of science after all. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I prefer to boil my trim with some water as it stops the butter exceeding 100*C and burning the plant material. Strain and then freeze in a bowl. The nice clean cannabutter floats to the top ready to be plucked off.

Incidentally, the brownies are delicious.

The biggest problem with being a tester is that I can't smoke any this evening. I find it fascinating that having all of this on hand, and knowing I will likely always have enough in the future, I have been smoking less. Hmmmmm.

thats looks heavy hitter instant KO. I want to try this Very nice job Sue 100 skill points on the Sauté part. Really awesome recipe. I love the detail you put into it. Im also smoking some Lemon Jack and craving your brownies as I type here...

I can tell already by my own body's reaction that these will be an excellent pain med for Dale. I need to get him away from the oxy. They don't really work for him any more, after a month of being in one institution or another, and they are an addiction worry. Cannabis has always done a better job at letting his mind get past the pain.

This is really interesting. Edibles give a different kind of body rush, striking a deeper tone, if that makes any sense.

thats looks heavy hitter instant KO. I want to try this Very nice job Sue 100 skill points on the Sauté part. Really awesome recipe. I love the detail you put into it. Im also smoking some Lemon Jack and craving your brownies as I type here...

We should all be celebrating with me. Every one of you should stop for a moment and ingest or partake. This was the ultimate reason I started this grow. I wanted to break our dependence on an untrustworthy marketplace and enter the world of cannabis edibles.

I still can't believe how well this all worked out.

Do it guys. Stop and celebrate with me for a moment. :passitleft:

So I packed up the brownies and didn't have room for the last three. They're gone now. :laughtwo::green_heart:

This was fun. Dangerous to bake something so tasty and irresistible, but fun nonetheless.

Yes, I am stoned. :love:

I like using the cake mixes from the store. Here's my weed cake squares. With weed icing melted into the top.

I'd eat one with ya, but they screw my morning up bad. I really have to be in the right spot to eat strong edibles, like an overnight rafting trip or camping out in the high country or something. I got me a big ol bag of these in the freezer. :)

image21297.jpg

Thanxx guys. It seems I learn something new everyday. All my life I thought stoned & high meant the same thing (stoned meaning higher than usual) and am quite sure that the majority of potheads in this city believe the same. I prefer a head high when out & about and for my wake & bake but prefer the couch lock effect after I'm home & inside for the rest of the day.

Now what I've been doing; which is something else I've learned here on 420, is chopping our plants at the first sign of amber for the head high weed while letting the trichomes get a decent amount of amber before chopping for the couch lock effect. It pretty much works 80% of the time but a few plants tend to have their effects set in stone no matter when we chop them.

Since I've never been one to get deep into research I pretty much have gotten all the knowledge I have about growing cannabis right here on 420 Mag. Rarely google so when I read something here repeatedly I consider it trust worthy & worth trying.

With that being said I would like to get a better understanding of the difference between sativas & indicas. Shoot, I'm not even sure on how to identify one from the other. This is something I've been meaning to ask for a minute now but thought it might be a stupid basic question.
I need to start following my own advice: The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask and what makes them stupid is not asking them.

Back
Top Bottom