First Time Grow - CFLs

Re: First Time Grow - CFLs...

This Is #2 before the first bend...

media1.jpeg

This is after...

LST21.jpg

And this is #1 that was brought down about a week ago...

LST11.jpg

Yeah, my friend had a real healthy plant with a 2 gal bucket as his final container. If you use ferts with potassium, you better believe the roots are gonna use all that space if you let it grow for a couple months.

As soon as im content with their baby size, they will go to a 5 gallon, tall pot. Its gonna be a must for the further LSTing! Im trying to force flowering early due to the fact that i will need to leave the state in the next few months and I want to be finished with flowering before hand. Any tips on forcing flowering cycles?

As soon as im content with their baby size, they will go to a 5 gallon, tall pot. Its gonna be a must for the further LSTing! Im trying to force flowering early due to the fact that i will need to leave the state in the next few months and I want to be finished with flowering before hand. Any tips on forcing flowering cycles?

Just switch it to 12-12 light and give it plenty of nutes.

Well, in the recent week, i've nute burned one of my babies a bit I believe. They seemed to almost rot on the tips of the leaves and then turn brown and yellow around the so-called "rot". I fluseh well and trasnplanted, then flushed again.

Now, I believe theyre flowering or just sprouting large amounts of new leaves. From the start of each branch off the stem, there are new growths sprouting. They look like new leaves but ive changed to a close to 12-12 cycle. Is that budding? I dont have any flowering experience.

no its not budding, actually you woulda been best to wait awhile longer before switching to flowering. waiting for pre-sex woulda been the best idea, unless your gonna switch back to veg when you find out the sex of the plants.

but the growths you see coming out from the stem of the plant just above the fan leafs stems, are the branches that grow bud so the more the fan leafs the more budding branches you will have. then those brances will either grow pistils(female) at every intersection or little football sacks(male). you can easly determin this by taking a magnafying glass or look really close and you will see little thick white hairs(usually starts with 2 oh and dont be fooled they have a little flower they come out of that looks like a sac, so wait till you see more then 1 sac before you pull it)

heres a perfect pic of a starting male flowers.
where those sacs are you will see usually 2 white pistils groing up. then awhile in it will look like a nug growing out of the stem.
male_009.jpg

sooooooo, my lights are on 16-8, as of now. im waiting a few weeks then switching back.
The plants are healthy and im sure they can take the light change back to veg

I do have to wonder, though. Why would that start all at once all over the plant, on two plants at the same time?

I would think its relative to the change in light exposure.

Well, in the recent week, i've nute burned one of my babies a bit I believe. They seemed to almost rot on the tips of the leaves and then turn brown and yellow around the so-called "rot". I fluseh well and trasnplanted, then flushed again.

Now, I believe theyre flowering or just sprouting large amounts of new leaves. From the start of each branch off the stem, there are new growths sprouting. They look like new leaves but ive changed to a close to 12-12 cycle. Is that budding? I dont have any flowering experience.

This sounds more like over watering than nute burn to me.

I do have to wonder, though. Why would that start all at once all over the plant, on two plants at the same time?

I would think its relative to the change in light exposure.

By changing to 12/12 you simulate the shorter days of late fall. This causes a hormonal change inside the plant and it starts to bud.

A few weeks later and my direction has changed. Ive now made a self-contained grow inside a dresser that I have hollowed out, painted flat white on the interior, glued the dresser fronts one, and turned the back composite board into a hinged door. I have 5 42 watt CFLs with 2 plants, at a 90 degree angle, pointed towards each. A single exhaust fan and a single inlet hole in the back keep the temperature at an even 75farenheit. They have been in flowering for 5 days and are now showing white hairs on BOTH(thank god!)! Buds are forming and I wonder what cheap flowering ferts can I purchase, and where. As well as how tolerant flowering plants are of trimming. I have a large amount of new growth coming from the inside of the stem and developing well and i'd like to trim the excess, older leaves. Id love some help now. The aroma is great and im in the final 9 weeks!

I believe they've been approved so here we go:

peezys001b.jpg

From the outside, all lights on, and fan running...

peezys002b.jpg

Now, with the access hole open. I know its small but it works to get watering and basics done. If full access is needed, the composite board back is hinged...

peezys003b.jpg

Top of oldest plant...Lokei...

peezys004b.jpg

Top of #2 who has been without direct light for 4 days...thus the yellowing...its green now, by the time that the pics were approved, so im pretty sure were ok. White hairs showing all over both plants...

peezys005b.jpg

#1 again, a bit further back so you can see all the new growth and hairs forming all over the plants stem...

peezys007b.jpg

Theres a better view... and you can also see where the leaf in the bottem left of the frame is burnt to hell... touched a warm CFL...

peezys006b.jpg

And last but not least, #2 again, showing the growth from the stalk and its yellowing body...

There we go!

Just picked up a quart of Tiger Bloom! Anybody with good experince in soil substrate and tiger bloom? suggested regiment?

OK. 2 days from the last pics and the bud development is starting to pick up pace. Ive been using the tiger bloom at 1/4 strength(1 teaspoon/gallon) for the direct soil feed, and also using a mild foliar mixture(approx. 1/4 teaspoon/gal.) to spray down the plants. Heres the progress so far, after one feeding of tiger bloom and 12 hours to rest afterwards...
The top cola of plant #1

2120.jpg

A bit of a closer look...

1123.jpg

and the growth of buddage undeneath the top...

3121.jpg

there we go. I think i'll update with new pics as soon as I see a change in comparison with the most recent pics. Should be roughly every 2-3 days.

The reason im using the foliar spray a bit much at the moment is due to the fact that it gets DRY in my dresser. Its a large, wooden structure and the fan is constantly circulating air out and in. My relative humidity is around 55 at the most. After an afternoon of being out and not having my 9,000 BTU personal air conditioning unit running, its sometimes down to 25-30. Its my way of keeping the humidity up a bit higher due to the evaporation of a fair amount of the water sprayed on the foliage.

Back
Top Bottom