First Time Growing

@Emilya i took out some dirt from the put. I did try to get more of the bottom of the dirts with out disturbing the roots as much as possible. I put some disstilled water in the glass and stired the mixture for 10 min took a break and than agian for 10 min.. did this 3 times. than i waited about 30 min and i did a ph reading.

i'm not sure how correct the reading would be without the proper mixing of the water and soil.
buy i got about 6.65 to 6.69

the soil is still moist so i didn't feed it. One of the plants is looking slightly better.
so, not doing it in a vacuum affected your results a bit, but you got a reading near the upper end of the soil 6.2-6.8 pH range, exactly where it should be. Now that you have done this experiment, what have you gained? Did that reading inform you in any way?

so, not doing it in a vacuum affected your results a bit, but you got a reading near the upper end of the soil 6.2-6.8 pH range, exactly where it should be. Now that you have done this experiment, what have you gained? Did that reading inform you in any way?
that i might of over waterd it>? and by flushing it i deffinitly hurt it more!
lesson learned!

what do you think of the current condition. should i water it or wait till tonight when the soil is fully dried?
low temp 19c, high temp 27c, current temp 24c
humi 54%
TS1000 Hydro light,

Attachments

• 2020-06-09 09.25.39-1.jpg
    2020-06-09 09.25.39-1.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 51
  • 2020-06-09 09.25.39 HDR.jpg
    2020-06-09 09.25.39 HDR.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 53
@Pennywise are you using a ph automation device? link perhaphs

man, how do you keep it stable than? i undertand that the ph goes up/down when the plants take nutr but im sure you dont ph every 20 min?

Hey @PK1, what are you using for the media your hydro-plant is in? Is that white stuff your using inert? If it’s not I bet it’s your culprit. You can pH some tap water before hand, let the media soak in it and see if the pH changes if you’re not sure.

@Pennywise The water in res is tab water, constantly phed, 2ml 99% alcohol and 12ml hygrozym

Guys; Before you go buzzuka on me, im not sure if if 2ml in 5gallon bucket is too much 99% alcohol, but the roots and plant are fine for the last two days.
I've also got 12ml of Hygrozyme in there.

No nutr adde. Tab water ppm at 22, res 36ppm?

Current water chimestry
Ph 6.21, 22pm, 26c, 44% humi
high 27c and low 19c

@The Phantom its lava rock. I also use it in my fishtank for benefecial bacteria growth, but thats a diff storey.
The roots are also grown out of the put and are freely in the res.

The only thing i can find a issue on is the airpump tubeing line. I think its acrylic, but than again i've been having ph problem ever since i put it in the big res/pail/bucket. Whichever word you like to pick lol!

Also, the only thing i am doing is adding TBN down.

You can’t feed plain water with no nutrients. They’ll die very quickly.
i agree, but the ppm rises? tab water at 22ppm res after two days is at 36ppm
also right now the new growth is showing green leaves with no deffeciency.

Just took these pics. also, the ph was adjusted 20 min ago
and i should of never cut off the old leaves. I take these new once would of looked allot better then.

Attachments

• 2020-06-10 16.06.17.jpg
    2020-06-10 16.06.17.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 2020-06-10 16.06.52-1.jpg
    2020-06-10 16.06.52-1.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 52
  • 2020-06-10 16.08.04.jpg
    2020-06-10 16.08.04.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 2020-06-10 16.08.23.jpg
    2020-06-10 16.08.23.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 49
Ok yeah, lava rock shouldn’t do much for the pH. The only other thing that comes to mind is you aeration. Aeration off gasses CO2 which leads to pH rising, this is done naturally over a few days without aeration, the aeration just speeds it up to hours or minutes.

I agree no nutrients is a no-no. See what PW suggests for a dosage. I have my clones I just put in at 2 grams per gallon MC but they are real healthy when I transferred them.

Also can I ask what’s the 99% iso is for? Never heard of it being used.

@The Phantom i added alcohol encase there was any sort of bacteria or such.
I guess i'll add a 1/4 tsp of MC.

@Pennywise should i take the airpump out and take a co2 line from my tank to the res. I know my tank is stable becasue of the co2 and the plants in there loving it.

I think PW is referring to the build up of CO2 in the water creating an “acid rain” effect in the water. This is why a waterfall or air stone is needed in order to break the surface tension of the water to allow the CO2 to escape and DO to be introduced. Plumbing your aquarium CO2 will lower your pH, you already know this from your planted tank. It would be a fix to manage your problem but no answer to why it’s happening. Maybe try easing up on your air stone so it’s just bubbling a little, it doesn’t take much to release the CO2 and introduce the DO you need. I think the “boil” you have going on from the air stone along with a fresh reservoir change is part of the problem by releasing the CO2 the fresh water has in it quicker than it naturally would causing the quick pH jump.

Also the plants in your planted aquarium need CO2 injected into the water because they and their leaves are underwater. Your hydroponic plants take in the CO2 they need through their leaves as well but they aren’t in the water. Your roots in your hydroponic bucket needs dissolved oxygen (DO) in order not to essentially drown.

noted, will turn the air pump down to 30% see how things go;.

Back
Top Bottom