First Time Growing

Also, I have the air pump on the max setting. I figured more air and water circlation the better.
Is this correct?

no i have not picked it up yet. Been busy with work.
I will be picking it up today tho. Rainy day here in vancouver

When the tent is at 27c i drop couple ice cubes in the bucket. the water temp is usually between 23 to 26
Do you PH water for ice? Could cause a fluctuation?? IDK :popcorn:

Definitely get yourself the Hygrozyme, Hydroguard, Z7 (Z9 in Canada), or something similar for starters, it will go a long way in helping you out.

My understanding of air stones or “waterfalls” in a hydroponic system is it’s to introduce dissolved oxygen (DO) into the water to keep that plant roots from essentially drowning. From what I have gathered in my short experience is you really don’t need a ton of DO to do this. When air is compressed, it’s heated (Gay-Lussac's Law of pressure and temperature) so your air pump is actually putting out hotter air than it is taking in, potentially heating your water. Sorry if these are already things you know.

Look into ice packs or frozen water bottles as a reusable solution to help cool your reservoir. I would first start with backing off on your air supply to see if that has any cooling effect. Also it sounds like your air pump is outside of your tent already but if it is move it outside of the tent if it’s cooler.

so i added the MC to the rez. 200ppm. temps at 24

Definitely get yourself the Hygrozyme, Hydroguard, Z7 (Z9 in Canada), or something similar for starters, it will go a long way in helping you out.

My understanding of air stones or “waterfalls” in a hydroponic system is it’s to introduce dissolved oxygen (DO) into the water to keep that plant roots from essentially drowning. From what I have gathered in my short experience is you really don’t need a ton of DO to do this. When air is compressed, it’s heated (Gay-Lussac's Law of pressure and temperature) so your air pump is actually putting out hotter air than it is taking in, potentially heating your water. Sorry if these are already things you know.

Look into ice packs or frozen water bottles as a reusable solution to help cool your reservoir. I would first start with backing off on your air supply to see if that has any cooling effect. Also it sounds like your air pump is outside of your tent already but if it is move it outside of the tent if it’s cooler.
thanks for that tip. I will deffinitly start putting some bottles of water to freez and drop it in the rez.

Just be careful you don’t have too many banging around in there damaging the roots.

Definitely get the Hygrozyme soon, I think it will be your biggest help right now with the white growth you had on your roots and getting them healthy. My cloner water temp. rides around 80F because of where it’s at in my house and I don’t have any root issues, I know the Hydroguard I’m using is the reason I don’t. I have Z7 ordered at my local hydroponics store I haven’t really needed to pick up yet but will next week since my clones are going into my setup today.

Mostly importantly, don’t forget to take a deep breath and relax, this is supposed to be fun not cause hair loss.

I just grabbed Hygrozyme and a longer airline.
I am putting the pump outside of the tent by the ac so it can be cooler.
Everytime i do check the water temp it is at 22c

current temp/humid
24c/51%

i am wondering if i i can just add the Hygrozyme to the current mixture that has hydroproxide and MC

Here are some new pictures.
i did cut of the bad leaves on the hydroplant to give the new growth better lighting.

@Emilya The only thing i notice different today is that the ph of soil has gone up.
Should i use some citrine next time i water. Like when the soil is fully dried out.
I have only squeezed the pot gentley to allow air poss ever since the flush. Nothing else.

2020-06-06 14.28.42.jpg 2020-06-06 14.28.55-1.jpg 2020-06-06 14.28.55 HDR.jpg 2020-06-06 14.29.13.jpg 2020-06-06 14.29.25-1.jpg 2020-06-06 14.29.25 HDR.jpg 2020-06-06 14.30.37.jpg

i also like the once with the bloom and veg modes. But haven't found one that is like sun spectrum. Only blue and red style. What do you think I should go wiht.
I’ve gone with maxibright 660w new out proven good results

@Emilya The only thing i notice different today is that the ph of soil has gone up.
Should i use some citrine next time i water. Like when the soil is fully dried out.
I have only squeezed the pot gentley to allow air poss ever since the flush. Nothing else.
The only thing that effectively brings air down to the core of the rootball is letting the water table fall all the way to the bottom. Squeezing it is just going to create voids around the edges... and that will make the next watering very difficult.

Stop even thinking about soil pH. You still have not realized that your soil has a different pH depending on where in the container you try to measure it. The only useful soil pH reading is doing a slurry test in a vacuum to determine where the base pH is... or the pH that your soil reverts to when dry. Your soil probably has a base pH near 6.8pH. This is exactly where it should be to allow an upward drift when you water at 6.3 pH. There is NOTHING that you should do to your soil. NOTHING.

Back
Top Bottom