Gozgrow's First Time Grow! First Time Aeroponic & 10 Plants

Gozgrow

image5011.jpg

There is my setup what you cannot see are the outtake fans, circulating fans and the cool mist humidifier.
I'll add a picture of that and my plants in next post which will be tonight when I'm checking ph and ppm.
So I got my plants as clones, from a co-op. I brought them home and topped them and transplanted in the night.
They were super stressed out. I have been nurturing them for the past week and since adding the humidifier and doing a nutrient res change 7 days later. And they seem to be comming back. Think I may have really damaged the roots and there weren't many in the soil/ rockwool when I swapped over.
Thinking they should have been more rootbound when I switched.
So I keep ph at 5.8
Ppm this 10 days will remain at 780
I'm using hydroton, rockwool, and neo collars to keep lights from creating algea on the hydroton and rockwool.
Currently moved watering a to 15 min every three hours. I was getting over watering symptoms before that. Coulda been the stress. They are growing very slowly which is ok cause I'm gonna need the time to scrog them.
I'm currently growing
3 white widow
3 sweet black angels
1 lemon kush
1 Obama kush
1 blue venom
And 1 alien dawg which seems to grow like crazy.
The blue venom is a sight for sore eyes. Think she wasn't ready to transplant.
All my stems have turned purple new growth is green and turns purple
Wondering if it's calcium toxicity, or magnesium. Haven't found the answer. Most people say its a strain thing or ph thing but since I'm growing 6 different strains that's deffinately not it. And ph coulda have been it but the 3 newest ones are showing it and they have had water PhD at 5.8 so still looking. I'll post pictures of it in next post tonight.
I'm using advanced nutes ph perfect micro grow and bloom and mix micro stir and let sit for ten min, grow stir and let sit 10 min, and bloom stir and let sit for ten min. All equal parts to hit ppm range. Then I add voodoo juice, b-52, pirahnna, and just a bit of bud candy. I have a small bottle and big bottle and read it will help feed my beneficial bacterias. So just add a small amount.
My lights are t-8 8 bulb 6500k for veg
And t-8 8 bulb 3000k bulbs for flower.
Plan on using the same nutes per nute schedule and add big bud and bud candy during flower.
Wish I would have done better nutrient research as I know products out there are cheaper and almost same as AN nutes. I do like the fact they aren't afraid to say look we are here to help grow mj.
Just switched the first week I had them I had a 24/0 lights schedule. Just switched to 18/6. To start giving them a break. No clue the age of my plants but I'll go off when I put them in the aero system so 1 week they have been in veg. Plan to veg till my screen is filled. Pictures of each plant and test results as far as ppm and ph comming later tonight.

Re: Gozgrows first time grow! First time aeroponic, and 10 plants.

image5029.jpg

44 percent humidity
77 grow room temp.
When I remove it for flowering
It dips to
30 humidity
And temp raises to
81 degrees or so

image5018.jpg
image5019.jpg
image5017.jpg
image5021.jpg
image5022.jpg
image5023.jpg
image5026.jpg
image5024.jpg
image5025.jpg
image5027.jpg
image5028.jpg

If you look close at the stems, they are a deep purple. They were really stressed for the first week. Just now ulling out. The lemon kush, the alien dawg, and Obama kush just got a transplant from soil to aero today have a feeling they are gonna be stressed for about a week also. Besides those the rest have been in a full week, poor blue venom
Had some really burnt twisted leaves on her so chopped them off, and she is in recovery mode. She is the one that has no fan leaves on her :(. The Obama kush and lemon kush both look really stressed. Watering on 15 min on 3 hours off. Due to having rockwool. Thinking of goin every 4 hours. Any input would be great. Seemed when I was 15 on 45 off they were showing signs of over water seem to do good now.
The yellow spots I think are from when I first turned the system on had spots where water would still splash out, that's why the duct tape to keep water in, belive those are from drops of water burning them. One SBA has a major yellow leaf this is prob due to me running super low nutes the first week started at 200 and worked up to around 480. Plus my ph was way outta whack, now I've got all that under control we will see what happens. Thinking of doing some LST before I hit the scrog just gotta figure out how I'm going to tie it down. The alien dawg seems like it's just gonna explode, grows really fast and nothing seems to phaZe it. And ideas where I can wire too. Thinking the edge of the basket? Was thinking maybe around the 6" pvc but don't wanna use too much wire. Maybe make a couple wraps around the pvc and bring wire down to it?

Light addict, I just sat and read that first grow of yours today. It the reason I started to LST before my plants hit the SCROG. Thank for all the info.
Yes I think the BV is the one I'm most excited for, and I think the one that is gonna be a complete pain in my ass is the alien dawg even after topping and transplant shows no signs of stress. Have a feeling it's gonna grow quick like light addicts tutenkharmon.
As for results tonight
Ph was 6.0 so reduced it to 5.9
Water temp was 81 degrees lowered it with ice bottles to keep algea at bay
Room temp was 77 degrees
Rh was 43 percent.
I started to just wrap wire around the 6"ph and tie plants down to theese. Not exactly sure what I'm doing. Just kinda started to pull the upper leafs and bud sites Down while trying to leave the lower ones free. How long do I leave these like this all week or till I see the growth going up past the top of the plant?

image5031.jpg
image5033.jpg
image5036.jpg
image5030.jpg

Just a few pictures of the LST I did. The alien dawg is just tall and scraggily so just took and bent her right over. The blue venom has two tops so I bent them down. And the white widows just got all kinds of outta shape. At this point I also cut some of the fan leaves. I've read mixed reviews on it but I have three plants I just transplanted and they need to catch up anyway. One thing of note, transferring from soil to aero or hydro is kinda a pain. I washed them off in one bucket and had a solution of no shock and water in another bucket yet I'm still seeing quite a bit of dirt in my res. good thing I built this DIY system with a filter I guess. I was building theese systems to sell but not a hot seller on ebay lol. So figured I would test it out and see what it can do.

Ok will do I'll adjust the ties, that alien dawg already started turning back twords the light. It's unbelievable just topped, and transplanted from soil to hydro and it's growing like crazy. I'll post a picture of what she did over night when I get home from work.

Ok so can't get pictures to upload to site ATM, so I'll just post my charting and try agin tommorrow.
Room temp. 81 degrees
Humidity 30%(humidifier ran out of water and I didn't get home to check in time.)
Water temp 90 degrees (need a better way to keep the solution temp low) chiller is too expensive atm) any ideas?
Ppm was at 868 added water and brought down to 769
Ph was then at 6.1 so lowered it back to 5.8.

Lookin good Gozgrow!:thumb: Subbed!

I would recommend using frozen water bottles to help keep the temps down. Its cheap and works pretty well. Also if you could insulate you res it would help also, maybe some insulation tape or some peal and seal.

image5062.jpg

Here is the picture of the alien dawg reaching For the light. After this picture I took and brought it back down horizontally.
Rdooski3- that's what I do at the moment. Every check I put new ice bottles in. By the time I swap my temp is back at 91 degrees. Well at least it's not that temp all day. Hmm. Insulation sounds like a good way to go. Keep it cool, and help keep the light out. Gives me an idea when I revamp this system maybe ill use a cooler as the res chamber. :) man I love this site great people and ideas. And everyone is really cool.

Been super sick last couple days, and have also been neglecting my favorite ladies. I've been refilling the water in the cool mist humidifier, which by the way was a good purchase I was having low humidity and temp problems and now they are both in check. I left them in LST for two days took them out and defoiled the crap out of them way too much I'm thinking but, I guess I'll learn from my mistakes. I plan on tying them back up Friday when I do my res change. I felt like I needed to do something about algea control even though I don't seem to be having issues. So I added 3.5 oz of h202 into my res. I do use beneficial bacteria but I figure I'm doing a res change Friday and it wouldn't hurt to do a treatment. Any opinion on this? Things I know are it kills good and bad bacteria, helps root rot (which I don't see signs of) and increases oxygen levels in the res chamber.
One thing I have noticed over this grow is it seems like the kush plants are super sensitive, and have a long recovery time. Also doesn't seem like my ppm ever goes down, I realize if my plants are drinking more water and not absorbing any nutes my ppm will rise which is what it does. I add more water and ph the entire res and it brings them back to a good level. My plants seem ok but doesn't seem the ppm are ever going down. Any one know why? Or am I just over thinking this.
Here are some picture of my ladies I didn't take very good ones because I'm not feeling to well.:420:

Looks like they have handled the butchering well. Today I have cleaned my res out. I was supposed to so Friday after work but by time I got home from work it was too late. The lemon kush is still trying to figure out how to grow. It's just been getting used to the new environment. So today I cleaned the res I'm going to do a 5.8 ph water flush and I added 5oz of h202 to the clean water just to help control algea growth within my tubes. Does anyone know if I remove that water or can I just add my nutes to that. If I do will the h202 still kill my beneficial bacteria? I plan on removing that water and adding new but if I don't have to that would be great. So I have decided to do a clean flush every two weeks. And I'll clean my res every 7-10 days. I read that the salts still build up on the roots so a clean flush every two weeks will be a good thing. And tommorrow ill post some pictures plan on putting them back into LST and ill do my nutreints, I'm bumping my dose up from 1/2 strength to 3/4 strength tommorrow.

So I changed out my flush out res and in the beginning I was thinking I was going to regret the addition of h202 in my res. when I opened the door to my grow room it was evident I hadn't made a mistake. My plants looked very happy and had visible growth. So I changed my nutes out. Today is the first time I have gone with full strength nutes as per advanced nutrients chart.
Micro-200ml
Grow-200ml
Bloom-200ml
B-52-100ml
Total ppm= 1230
And after looking at chart realized I only use the beneficial bacteria voodoo juice during first two weeks of veg. So I went ahead and added 150ml of h202
I also believe that b-52 is only the first two weeks but I guess they can have some the third week also.
Room temp 72 degrees
Relative humidity 43%
I did quite a bit of defoiling again they just flourished after the first defoliation.
And I put them back into their bondage gear. (LA, thought of that after you said how much you like to punish your girls. Lol)
Any way I'll post pictures in an edit of this post just have to upload them first .

image5112.jpg
image5111.jpg
image5110.jpg
image5109.jpg
image5108.jpg
image5107.jpg
image5106.jpg
image5105.jpg
image5104.jpg
image5103.jpg
image5102.jpg

Lol notice the Alien Dawg I still have growing horizontal, I put it In the back due to the fact I don't have great light coverage in the back so now she is stretching for the light and still growing horizontal. Soon as it hits the edge of the light ill probobbly let it grow up so it can begin the scrog. It has been ready to scrog after it's first week in there. But I've been trying to hold it back seeing as how none of the others are ready. They were almost touching the screen this mornining but I tied em all up. The two plants in the picture not in bondage are the lemon kush, and Obama kush (which shortly after the picture I broke the top off ) I just bent it back to were it was originally and am hoping it will just fix itself)
I plan on leaving them in there bondage state until Friday after work. When I'll release them and change the nutrient res.

So good news, I just got selected to test a 400 watt solar flare. Led light. It's kinda a weird thing though I give a deposit, of a little over half the cost of the light, they ship it to me if I decide to keep the light they keep my deposit. If I send it back I get the deposit back. I'm probably going to save it for a one plant grow. Or may use it to flower my current ones. But I think I should continue to run thees under my t-5s so I know how they work.

So haven't had much time between being sick, taking care of the baby, and my wife out of town. But one thing I've learned is that this tote does allow too much light in. I've decided for my 400 watt solar flare led grow I am going to tear down this system. And revamp it, I have already got a new tote which is black with the yellow lid and the diamonds all over the top. I notice a lot of people using them for aerocloners. And I will be switching the round 6" pipes for the square 5" fence posts. I'll also be focusing I getting it to a lower profile in my grow room.
Lol haven't finished this grow yet looking forward to the next.

LA- I broke the very tip off my Obama kush and it has died if say I get kind of rough in there specially twords the back cause I'm cramped in the small closet and tired of being in there lol.

They seem the be responding extremely well to the LST, and the defoiliotion. I'm starting to see the algea build up in my tank so ill release the 10 fine young ladies from bondage on Friday night and do another mega clean out of the nute tank Complete with a h202 bath in the tank. For this ill prob do a 50/50 solution of water/h202 and scrub the walls. I'll add a bit more water and let the pump run for a 3 min cycle just to clean the rest of the system. And I'll remove all that and add my water and then nutes one by one until I'm at my 1200-1300 ppm I'm shooting for. I'm not going to be doing any more LST as I'm hoping to let them start for the scrog and I can start filling it out a bit. I'm hoping to be full by week 6 of veg so I can switch out my bulbs to my flowering bulbs and start to flower.
Should I leave a few of the 6500k in go like 5- flower and 3- veg or should I switch them all out to flower bulbs?

Back
Top Bottom