First Time Growing

I think agitation vs. aeration is more key. :bong: Just being stupid now, sorry.

I’m rooting for you, I know what it’s like to be a plant murderer. First I killed the clone from the top of my plant, then I killed the bottom of the plant when I was flowering it. Thank god I went full Jeffrey Dahmer and saved some of the middle pieces for later. Those clones are doing well now. :rofl:

Next day Update: regardless of agitation or aeration. The PH climes.

I've been researching google last night till 5am and it all comes down to acrylic componants.
The res and the airline tube are acrylic, but than again i've seen planty of post people using some sort of same thing.

That leaves me to think that maybe my TBN is not effective enough? However, everytime i adjust the ph i throw a pinch of TBN down to bring the ph to 5.5 and when i do, the ph of water does lower.

forgot to mention that the res is at 160ppm

ppm at 283
res temp 20.5c
tent temp 22.8c
humi 47%

When is it a good time to start lst training? The branches for plants in soil are growing and it is getting bushy :)

I enjoy the ease of topping the 4th or the 5th node and then topping the side growth as it accelerates to reach the canopy and I can usually manage to get good production out of plants that have vegged for at least a month and a half and that have between 16-32 bud sites ready to go into flower. Other than playing whack a mole on the side growth as it takes dominance, there is very little training at this point... it is more about well timed multiple toppings.

Topping down lower produces interesting shaped plants that can benefit from a lot of LST training afterwards. Topping between nodes 3 and 4 produces an interesting plant that can immediately produce 3, 4 and sometimes even 5 main nodes from that single cut. It is also the cut that takes the longest to resolve. Each one of these new nodes can then be tied down and trained to produce a very wide and well producing plant, at a medium height.

Another interesting topping method is to wait until the 5th node is popping up, and then cutting way down low between nodes 2 and 3. This always produces 4 main kolas, which can be mainlined or quad'ed, allowing for a very high producing short plant, by holding down the 4 resulting nodes and using LST techniques to enhance growth in the middle. If you need a very short plant that is also high producing, and have some extra time to spend in veg, this is a very popular cut.

Enjoy! There really isn't a wrong way to do this.

what is this stuff that is on the roots?

Also, ppm has rised to 320

Attachments

• 2020-06-12 09.17.33.jpg
    2020-06-12 09.17.33.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 54
Not good, some type of biological growth you don’t want to have, just like in the beginning.

Im really starting to think your media is your issue. I keep looking at the lava rock and it looks like tumbled coral/aragonite. It’s probably allowing a place for this bacteria to grow just like for your aquarium. I also think the lower pH of your hydro water compared to your aquarium pH is causing the aragonite (calcium carbonate) to dissolve until the pH gets high enough and it stops dissolving.

*Edit - even the paper towels in there can give you issues with things wanting to grow on it.

no smell, just slimery

Not good, some type of biological growth you don’t want to have, just like in the beginning.

Im really starting to think your media is you issue. I keep looking at the lava rock and it look like tumbled coral/aragonite. It’s probably allowing a place for this bacteria to grow just like for your aquarium. I also think the lower pH of you hydro water compared to you aquarium pH is causing the aragonite (calcium carbonate) to dissolve until the pH gets high enough and it stops dissolving.

The ph rise and ppm rise was happening before the lava rock. it was happening ever since i put it into the 5Gallon res with air stone and tube. The ph and ppm was also rising when i had those green seed starter things. not sure the exact name.

I am not using fish tank water. Tap water ph at 7 with 22pm. I use TBN down to ph it to 5.5. The res had alcohol and hygrozyme. After leaving it for two days the ph was constantly rising and ppm was rising as well. It got to 40ppm.
Than due to the plant not dying i brought it up to 280ppm. recommend ppm was between 250-300.

I am currently thinking to clean the freaking roots and stick it into soil. way less headache and after a week or two im sure the plant will rejuvinate, if not than i rather focus my time on the two healthy plants.

DWC is more advanced and might be a good idea to grow few times and actully enjoy the process VS the issue of constantly wasting nutrions and energy of figuring out wtf it can be. :passitleft:

should i reduce the water mixture, add waterpump into the res so it can spray on the roots VS having the water mixture to the top and the roots being submurged in the water?

My out door plants are seeing 4 degrees and still growing. A heater is burning electricity that you could be using for more light. That's what the OG's always told us back in the day.
heater is long gone my frined. will see if its needed during winter

I figured you weren’t using aquarium water, just saying the aragonite wouldn’t mess with the pH of the water in your aquarium as much as it would your hydroponic water because of the two waters pH difference (in case you were thinking that the rock doesn’t affect the aquarium’s water and that it wouldn’t affect your hydroponic water either).

I do have experience trying to transplant a clone I rooted in my hydroponic cloner into soil. It did not go well and the clone died. The root types are different (water vs air roots) and it’s an big adjustment for the plant to under-go, at least my experience it was. Coco or a hydroponic media would be better if you want to try it. Not that you couldn’t be successful with it, I just couldn’t do it with a healthy rooted clone I had. I can feel the disheartenment this is causing you, it’s driving me crazy as well. You haven’t killed it yet so let’s keep going through what could be the cause of problem.

I think most will agree on trying to gentle rinse off the slime on your roots (or dipping them in clean water to rinse them) as well as a fresh change of the water in your reservoir. Give the bucket and anything else in contact with the water a good cleaning too. Is there a way you can tape the lid around your net pot vs. using a towel? What else is there that we might not be seeing that you do?

so i just made a video of the process i took to clean, disinfect, ph water, neutrition mixture with Hydrozime
Is it allowed to post the youtube link?

Back
Top Bottom