First Time Growing

Hmmm, when I click it I get a “If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.” Do you have permissions enabled on the video? I know a little about hydroponics but even less about YouTube haha

Got it :thumb: Great video by the way. I really don’t see anything wrong/out of the ordinary with your setup. I did notice you pHing the water before adding your nutrients, that’s usually something you’ll do last so you don’t have to pH multiple times. However, I did see that you checked the pH of the water again after everything so you at least know what the pH is at after adding your nutrients. The only other thing I saw was the water level and I’m honestly not sure if it matters that much or at all. I keep my water level about an inch below the bottom of my net pots. Like I said, I’m not sure if it matters I just know most of the hydro people here have their net pots above the water line and not sitting in the water.

At the very least you got the nasty funk off the roots and fresh water for them. If it is a nasty bacteria it may take a few of these rinse and fresh water changes to get rid of the bulk of it for your Hygrozyme to knock it completely out, if we are able to at all (I’m staying hopefully for as negative as that sounds)

At the very least it looks like you’re doing well with the other two plants. You also have us here to help you figure out hydroponics whether it’s for this plant or the next ones.

One last thing, I’m not good at identifying deficiencies in plants so maybe someone could look at your plant and see if any of the deficiencies they notice could either be causing the root issues or be an effect of the root issues. I think for now try and focus on the water and root issues, if we can get that figured out we can work on nutrient supplements to get the plant back to 100%.

Well its been few hours, but so far its been stable.
The only thing i did different this round is the ac inlet tub is connected to the res and the cold air has gotten the temp of the res water down to 18c

Attachments

• 2020-06-12 22.03.54.jpg
    2020-06-12 22.03.54.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 2020-06-12 22.04.01-1.jpg
    2020-06-12 22.04.01-1.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 2020-06-12 22.04.11.jpg
    2020-06-12 22.04.11.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 52
Next day update;

Yesterday the ph was set to 5.5 and today the ph is at 5.8. Res temp 18.5

Is it possible that the tempratures of resevor water was causing this whole headache?

the new method seems to be keeping it realy cool down

Exactly what PW said. Things are looking up but there’s a way to go yet. Just monitor things for now and hopefully the water issues have been taking care of, then you can focus on getting the plant back to being healthy.

So the ph is rising but it is allot better than before. I have not phed every since yesterday.
Currently ph 6.3
The ppm has rised as well. from 150 to 157ppm
Res temp 19.2c
tent temp 23.5c

Why is the plant giving back nutritions instead of taking it? when the plant is taking nutritions, shouldnt the ppm drop instead? has anyone had experinced such thing before?

I think agitation vs. aeration is more key. :bong: Just being stupid now, sorry.

I’m rooting for you, I know what it’s like to be a plant murderer. First I killed the clone from the top of my plant, then I killed the bottom of the plant when I was flowering it. Thank god I went full Jeffrey Dahmer and saved some of the middle pieces for later. Those clones are doing well now. :rofl:
@The Phantom would a small fan submurged in the res work? This will circulate the mixture in the res.

@The Phantom would a small fan submurged in the res work? This will circulate the mixture in the res.
Are you noticing nutrients falling out of suspension and settling at the bottom of the reservoir? If so, just increase the flow from your air pump, this should be more than enough to keep it suspended and circulating.

I wouldn’t suggest a fan in water, unless you like to live dangerously and have a healthy life insurance policy. Aquarium pumps and wave makers for reef tanks are good but with a 5 gallon pail reservoir like yours it would do more harm than good. It would look like white water rapids inside, damaging your roots, not to mention roots getting sucked up into it because of the limited size.

How has everything been going with this girl? I noticed the photo in your journal Wednesday, it looks like she is starting to show some green instead of looking like a yellow and brown spotted banana.

I dont pretend to know more then the PW or Phantom, but 18C is a bit cold to me. Raise your res temp up just a couple degrees if you can, see if you can get it to around 20C. While I use an ebb and flow i noticed problems when my reservoir was too cold, right now I'm keeping my root zone at 23C and they're loving it. While colder temps allow for more oxygenation of the water, it can hamper nutrient uptake.

Sorry if I'm way off base, just got out of hospital with some "loopy" drugs (dr's words not mine lol).

Only issue with warmer temps is bacteria and other goopies growing in the system.

I have nothing but respect for you, I've learned a lot from reading many of your posts, and apologize if I came across as contradicting you. My reservoir also tends to fluctuate in temp when lights go out and in the beginning it would cause it to dip fairly cold (it was a Canadian winter!), bumping my reservoir temp up a couple degrees kept the temp swings within a happy range. And I'm also not using bennies so add H202. Anyhow this was intended originally as a quick apology post :rofl: .
I dont want to distract or take away anything but knowledge & respect from Pk's journal (but would love to talk more about root zone temps to pick your brain sometime!) :reading420magazine::passitleft:

res temp 19c
tent 23c 47% humid
175ppm
ph was at 7 and i lowerd it to 5.8

i am noticing that the ph isn't climing as crazy as before.
res water mixture has fallen.

Attachments

• 2020-06-19 08.57.17.jpg
    2020-06-19 08.57.17.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 2020-06-19 08.57.23.jpg
    2020-06-19 08.57.23.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 2020-06-19 08.57.29.jpg
    2020-06-19 08.57.29.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 2020-06-19 08.57.34.jpg
    2020-06-19 08.57.34.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 51
with the res temp being at around 18-19c the roots look allot cleaner. no slimmery white stuff
the new leaves growing are looking better. its been almost a week since the last waterchange and i am just wondering if i need to change the res water mixture or let it go?

Back
Top Bottom