First Time Growing

PK

Hi Guys, This is my first time growing any sort of plant, never the less a cannabis one. I looked on craigslist and found a good deal that came with lots of equipments which made it more affordable. Now this is way to advance of a tent for me, but im hoping i've got it right.
I look forward to learning and going through the form to find out the difficulties i run into as you notice.

To awnsre majority of questions I will more depth;

The two plants in soil are older and growing slowly than the one in hydroponic.
The soil seedlings are now transplanted into ProMix HP mixed with bloodwarms. I didnt add any perlite as it already had it in there. I am planning to add organic fertilizers to these as they are under order. With respect to the advertising rulz i wont be calling the names, as i am not sure which once are allowed.

As mentioned before, it is my first time growing so do take it easy on me!! lol!

Hydroponic ppm 184 and ph 7

I learned allot from the first two seedlings that are in soil. These guys have gone through allot and i have deffinitly noticed the slow growth.
At one point their ppm was at 180 to 300. I checked this when i was using tab water and checking the ppm of the water coming out of the soil. Before transplant the ppm of the wormcasing soil was at 160 ppm. But i don't think that matters if I have done something i shouldn't and disturbed the roots to replant in a the current soil mixture.
2020-05-16 22.24.25.jpg2020-05-16 22.24.31.jpg2020-05-16 22.24.18.jpg2020-05-16 22.25.23.jpg2020-05-16 22.25.05.jpg2020-05-16 22.24.45.jpg

You probably saved them by transplanting. Don’t check your runoff for ppm or ph. It doesn’t really tell you anything and just adds confusion. They look to bad though.

Hydroponic ppm 184 and ph
Welcome !!! Hydro pH is suppose to be 5.8 not 7. Soil pH is 6.4 not 7. Your light is too high. You're plants will stretch too much at that height. Lower it to about 24" - 30" above the top of the plants.
Tall skinny plants suck. Keeping the light lower will give you shorter, bushier plants.

You probably saved them by transplanting. Don’t check your runoff for ppm or ph. It doesn’t really tell you anything and just adds confusion. They look to bad though.
ya, it has been a learnign curve. These girls are about a month old.
I wasn't sure of the soil to use as everything i was reading was pointing to foxfarm that we can't get in canada.
After searching for few weeks i came across a video/blog that said use ProMix Hp.

Welcome !!! Hydro pH is suppose to be 5.8 not 7. Soil pH is 6.4 not 7. Your light is too high. You're plants will stretch too much at that height. Lower it to about 24" - 30" above the top of the plants.
Tall skinny plants suck. Keeping the light lower will give you shorter, bushier plants.

Current PH is 5.5 to 6 for the hydroponic and at 180ppm. I am not sure of the exact ph as i am using a master kit for fish tank ph tester. My ph pen is on its way.
I been watching a lot of videos from Lex Blazer on youtube and fixed this last night. The plant in hydroponic is showing signs that is liking the new water premeteres.
The light is set as per manifacture outline. 67cm high from top of plant and it is at 60% light intensity. This light is the adjustable kind.

Thank you for your suggustions. Much appreciated

I forgot to mention above that my tab water is PH8 and has a 56ppm.
I use BTN down and or up to adjust the ph.
For feeding I use seaweed and i have the following on order which i am waiting to arrive.
Mega crop 9-6-17, extreme tea brews and grandma molasses.

For the hydroponic i am using the fertilizers that the last guy i purchased the tent from.
Curretly i am using the easy grow, green lable with seaweed. PPm at 180 ph somewhere around 6 as the master kit dosnt show below that number.
2020-05-17 08.39.15.jpg

Is the inner node of this plant to close to each other or is it just me? also, should i wait for couple more leaves or top it when i get a branch?
2020-05-17 14.32.13.jpg 2020-05-17 14.50.21 HDR.jpg

It look like it’s already been topped.

The first one was done when i noticed two branches were coming out about two weeks a go. There was two big leaves there that got burned and I just cut the two burned leaves off allowing the new branches and leaves to get better lighting.
Not sure if i should of or not?

You have to big branches now so that’s a good thing in my book.
ineed, I dnt have a book, but it looks like i am doing something right. lol!
When would you top the next once. Looking forward to get lots of colens.

I would let her grow out so she has a few more nodes. She’ll recover quicker once she gets a little older.
Appreciate you Penny!!

So with the two seedlings in the soil. I've topped these two days a go. Hence why they look worse.
I am thinking i topped them too soon. Do you think they would still make it??

By the way, these seeds are from a stash i was smoking. I have no idea what strain or kind they are as it was long time a go. Any way i can find out what type of strain or weed i am dealing with?

Also, from the learning curve and these little once getting the hits I have a feeling that they would be males. I've searched around but havn't found a proper blog or anything that we can turn them into girls.

suggostion?

No way to tell the strain unless it’s a distinct strain that’s well known. They will show sex in maybe 6 or 8 weeks or when you flip. No way to tell until then.

ya, thats where my research ended. I thought i double check.

hey thanks. I've got these neutrations and ive got mega crop, extreme tea and grandma mulases and order.
I got lucky with the tent i bought and i got allot of equipments and neutrations for nothing essentially.

I do like to finish these nuts as well. Have you ever used them or have an idea of them?

i deleted the picture. but if you scrow up did post it posted yesterday

Back
Top Bottom