First try

Continue with the 5-1-1 fert for the next 2 weeks while they stretch. Starting the 3rd week of flower start adding 10 -15- 10 and phase out the 5-1-1 altogether.

Male flowers will show first usually - they look like little "footballs" on a tiny little stalk. To identify a male very early on look for the little stalk on the preflower. It's really hard to see at first.

With females, the pistil will usually catch your eye first. Like one day no preflowers or any indicators of sex, then the next day at light on - 1 or 2 pistils usually right around the 4th or 5th node.

Peace
MC

thanks madame! good info, i was looking around and doing some thread reading and so far thats the best explenation.
aswell as i found a pic of a male at the Very begining so now i know what im looking for when u say footballs lol.

I realize i am flowering early but im just experimenting right now and im going to order a hps and some seeds after christmas and start growing seriosly. what would be the recomended amount of wattage for growing one plant in the grow room i have now? one plant because im going to order feminised hawaiian snow seeds from dr.chronic. ill use my 6 cfls for veg and the hps for flower.

well 3rd daylight of flowering and so far i think i've got 3 males 2 females and 1 unknown, 2 males are shorter and 1 is med size, 1 female is the larger 1 med and the one unknown is the other larger one. ill keep u guys posted

well guys 4th day of flowering has gone by and i have 3 females and 3 males, im disposing of the males tonite when the lights turn on. turned out the 3 largest plants are the females im so happy :adore: :allgood: :headbanger: i have some pics awaiting approval of the plants b4 i do my buisness tonite, aswell as i added 4 flowering cfl's and removed 3 veg cfl's, i will be getting 4 more today and remove the other 3 veg cfl's at lights on.
the lights are 27w each, 1750 lumens each. 8 cfl's would be enough for 3 plants would it not?

group pic,

DSCF00652.JPG

the right 2 and middle bottom are male i trimmed the male to let the females get some more light till i get more soil today. :allgood: the 3 females willbe flowering under the 8 cfl's im picking everything up today.

DSCF00641.JPG

second largest female.

DSCF00632.JPG

largest plant! is female!

well i took out the males last night and im going to get the last 4 cfl's i need today. the 3 females seem to just love flowering lol they already have about 4 pistils each around the top, so my question is does each location on my plants where those little barbs pop out ,not the pistils i know those, a location where more pistils will grow? im on flowering day 6 tonite and will take some pics everyone said that it would take weeks to sex my plants but i found out on day 5 of flowering which is day 26 total of grow is this normal?

you need to use HID lights.. like Metal Halide (veg) and/or High Pressure Sodium (flowering)... i'd suggest (minimum 400 watts), but ideally multiple 600 watt lights or if you can at least one or two 1000 watt lights. good luck.

rds_sk8er420 said:
can i trim some leaves off my fan leaves to give the new growth more light with out shoking the plant?

decided against this.

thanks for the props akorn, the females are thriving and just enjoy the fact that its just them 3 in there now. i have the 8 flowering cfl's in there my batteries died so i'll get some of those to take some update pics. tonite i turn on the lights and start flowering day 7. the girls have atleast 4 pistils each and are growing rapidly, just loving the fact that its the 3 of them and 8 lights.

SmokeSessions said:
you need to use HID lights.. like Metal Halide (veg) and/or High Pressure Sodium (flowering)... i'd suggest (minimum 400 watts), but ideally multiple 600 watt lights or if you can at least one or two 1000 watt lights. good luck.

i dont think id need that much for one plant..........
i was thinking maybe a 150w hps for flowering??? i could grow under my cfl's for veg.

your doing much better then when you started good job. to answer a few of your questions, from whati have gatherd you can start to flower soon as you see leaves, though i do not recomend thisi some times take some seeds and soak them then whenthey crack i plant them and wheni get 4 leaves out of the dirt i flower, i do this fo "fill" i beensmoking my own for the last year now and when things look like i could use some extra smoke or i knowi got some thing coming up in a month or two i do this so igot some thing i can pinch while my good strains finish up..... 2 you defanatly need a hps of some sort the blku spectem they give off will realkly help the buds out try a 150if you think you can keep it for enough from the tops they get hot as heck, maybe even a 35watt hps would help you. a thin you might wantto remebeer is that a plant will typical triple in size when you flower it that is another reason to start flowering them while small. your doing very well for your first grow plants are a very nice color of green and the nodes are very compact that is excellent, though growing in one container is goingto come back andhaunt you when you relize how fast and big they will get,live and learn your off to a great start!!!!

Nice healthy lookin plants man... keep it up

P.S. see through grow boxes r the shit (don't tell anyone lol)... When you can see thru the grow box u can now see the plant and it's roots... so watering etc. should never be a problem

the only problem i see with this is, if you have your plants on a regimen of phosphorus, your gonna get root bound, do you have any idea how big a root ball gets? take alook at some of the hydro/aero grows, that will give you a good idea. how big is that? i wouldnt have done that with anything under 50gal.

Back
Top Bottom