Bag seed grow under 200w cfl's started 10-11-08

BUD08

Well ihave been looking on this site for some time and getting to know every thing that i can in the hopes that i will end up with a good grow. I dont grow alot but i love growing marry jane!!! I started off this grow with a bag seed. I have a few more plants being planted soon but i figured i would start with one plant every month for 3 mounths at a time so i will have yeild every month. So heres what im working with....

2- 200watt cfl's= 8400 lumens
Will be adding more light this week to get it up to 16,800 lumens

Fox Farm soil

Fox Farm nutes

The lights are on 18/6 right now for about 2 more weeks

Im growing in a cabnet used for towels the. Its 2 ' x 3' x 5 1/12'

I have since planted it in a 1 gallon bucket.

Also using a bright wing reflector that will soon get a mogel plug 150Watt grow cfl.

The cabnet has a fan that runs out side of the grow closet for fresh air and another fan blowing on the little lady (Keep your fingers crossed its a she hahaha)

Also placed a digital temp and hum gauge inside.

Using distilled well water for watering.

Hoping to start adding nutes soon.

Enjoy :rollit:

Start of week 1

th_1224861538_HPIM1232.jpg

th_1224861572_HPIM1233.jpg

th_1224861681_HPIM1238.jpg

Sounds like you know what your doing, seedlings look good.I would suggest you invest into a 250w HPS, youl get more light penetration for the buds(fater buds).
But cfl's seem to do the job.

I want to switch lights so bad because of the slow grow but i have plants groing under my 1000w. Just figured i would try a cfl grow and see where it goes. Got the idea sitting around with friends one night to give it a try and as usual if i think of some thing while im high i go to work on making it happen lol.

From what i have been reading on here and some other places. They say that a normal day light is good for veg where as a white would be used for the flowering. I could be wrong though.

Well just started week 2 so i thought i would post an update. Tell me what ya think.

th_1224869543_HPIM1249.jpg

th_1224869705_HPIM1254.jpg

th_1224869494_HPIM1248.jpg

And now the lights......

HPIM1254.JPG

th_1224869586_HPIM1250.jpg

its looking good it should start growing faster very soon, i put 1 in from seed about 5 week ago ,2 weeks propergation,then in the last 3 weeks it going up like a rocket its under a 200w CFL shall change to flower in about 2 more weeks, then put it under a
400w HID. CFL is no good for flowering

Great money shots BUD08
Have you ever seen that seemorebuds book 8 zips in 80 days. It displays that cfl's do a pretty darn good job for veg and flower. More then one would expect :smoke2

I plan to do all cfl's because I can not fork out for a 400watter plus I got some great deals on the bay that I couldn't resist :peace:

I think im going to try and flower under cfl's i know that it may take longer but i would like to see what the difference is using other lights. I guess you could call this a mad scientist grow lol. I must say the slow grow is amazing im used to having a plant 3 rimes that size by now lol. I guess only time will tell.

Great money shots BUD08
Have you ever seen that seemorebuds book 8 zips in 80 days. It displays that cfl's do a pretty darn good job for veg and flower. More then one would expect :smoke2

I plan to do all cfl's because I can not fork out for a 400watter plus I got some great deals on the bay that I couldn't resist :peace:

I still have yet to read that but i will be shure to go to the store and grab one. Sounds like some thing that would be fun and educational. Thanks

Well i figured i would update today because it seems to be growing a bit faster these days. Let me know what you think, the more help the better.

th_1225092153_HPIM1272.jpg

th_1225092110_HPIM1270.jpg

th_1225092060_HPIM1267.jpg

th_1225092009_HPIM1266.jpg

I still have yet to read that but i will be shure to go to the store and grab one. Sounds like some thing that would be fun and educational. Thanks

It's a must read and very inspiring for the novice cfl grower. Step by step to the harvest date. Most if not all small closet growies will respect the power of cfls after that reading that book.

She is looking pretty good but maybe a bit hot in there. Whats the temp reading?
Keep cool and looking forward to the next update :yummy:

I noticed that my temp shot up to 91 for a day and didnt catch it in time. Im back down to 77 now though and my hum was to low so i added a mister along with one of my fans to go off every 2 hours and let out 1/4oz of water each time it comes on. Every thing seems to be getting better now. I guess only time will tell.

Hi mate, looking good so far, as for
mickliam Re: Bag seed grow under 200w cfl's started 10-11-08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its looking good it should start growing faster very soon, i put 1 in from seed about 5 week ago ,2 weeks propergation,then in the last 3 weeks it going up like a rocket its under a 200w CFL shall change to flower in about 2 more weeks, then put it under a
400w HID. CFL is no good for flowering
im sorry this just is not true as im in the final weeks flowering under CLF's now,and mine are looking fine.
Creamm..:bong:

Thanks for the post man. I must also agree i dont see any problem with cfl's this is my first time using them and i have yet to have any problems other then a bit slower growth. I think more people should try it before they knock it!!!!

I wouldnt say that CFLs are not good for budding. Perhaps not the best would be a better term. I swear by my HPS but have completed full grows with only CFLs. Yes they were a little smaller and most of the bud was a little loose, it really surprised me with the yield and quality i ended up with

Lookin good :)

Back
Top Bottom