Dank's Soil/Hydro Auto Grow Under CFLs

Thank you Kief, I'm really stoked for this next one, gonna be loads of fun for me, and I'm sure I will learn plenty. Here's some trich shots from the pixie, she is almost finished, and this is only day 34 of flower. If these genetics produced more, this would be a great strain for a bumper crop, with it's fast finish time.
20131014_132927.jpg
20131014_132955.jpg
20131014_133016.jpg
20131014_133148.jpg
Great looking grow 79. I gotta check out the new thread also:thumb:

Day 37 and the pixie is now foxtailing, throwing out new pistils like crazy, but I'm patiently awaiting her ripeness. Normally I wouldn't be concerned with, just let her grow, but the info said 4-5 weeks flower, and she has been in flower 5 weeks 3 days. Not to mention I really need that extra space right now for the other plants. She continues to swell more every day, but I still don't expect much more than a few grams from her. This was more about trying my hand at DWC than getting a good yield, I picked these genetics because it is a pixie, and this strain is supposed to produce small plants, so it seemed ideal for the 2 liter project.
20131017_134415.jpg
20131017_134430.jpg
20131017_134507.jpg

Yes sir, I check those trichs every day, and I plan to let her go for a while, they are almost all cloudy so not too much longer. She's been in flush 6 days now, and still no sign of yellowing in the leaves, and the buds certainly seem to like the stored up nutes. I think I'm about 4-5 days from chop, from the look of the trichs, and even though the whole plant is really just one bud, it's gonna be a nice fat one!

Are all pixies autos? Just curious, next grow will be PC box and looking for good strain to order.

MAke sure to link me to your PC grow, as I am a former PC micro grower, and I love to follow along with other similar growers!

MAke sure to link me to your PC grow, as I am a former PC micro grower, and I love to follow along with other similar growers!

Will do! Gathering materials right now, thinking I'll put a flower box the same size as the case in the bottom and bendthe plant over, stake it down, bend, stake til its the length if the PC box then bury the main stem and let all the shoots grow toward the light. Just a theory so far but I'll shoot you an invite as well dank !

This is the only strain I've found that has "Pixie" in the name, but there are also dwarf strains that are autos, like White Dwarf. If you are choosing an auto strain that will stay very short Pixie Punch is a good one, just doesn't produce as much as some autos.
Are all pixies autos? Just curious, next grow will be PC box and looking for good strain to order.

I don't want an auto because I want to train it hard so I don't want it to start flower while I'm still training it. But I want a naturally low growing strain. Its hard picking seeds, a lot of bs and misinformation out there as well as lack of reliable reviews.

You've got a point there, I'm getting away from autos for a while myself. Only suggestion I can make is to select an Indica dominant strain, nice and compact, and then train and defol.

I don't want an auto because I want to train it hard so I don't want it to start flower while I'm still training it. But I want a naturally low growing strain. Its hard picking seeds, a lot of bs and misinformation out there as well as lack of reliable reviews.

In my experience growing in a PC case of over a couple of grows with different strains I have come down to this conclusion about micro growing:

1. Auto flowers are not ideal for height-limited PC grows. Dwarf AFs, however, might serve a better purpose here.

2. Hybrid strains (more indica) are optimal to use.

3. A strain that can handle environmental stress more than actual HST

Now I have tried growing 3 different types of plants while I was in full use of my PC case. 2 of these were AK-48 (one AF and one Pheno) and the other strain was from a collection of a single bagseed strain. Now the bagseed ended up having a lot of Sativa pheno's in it due to its thin narrow leaves and very long harvest time. I ended up putting this into flower within the first2-3 weeks from seed and used LST to make the plant grow parallel with the soil.

Now with the the AKs, as you know the AFs didn't turn out so well. I had put 3 seeds on 12/12 from seed and they all were female. I tried topping 2 of the 3 tallest plants to control height and that halted any significant growth on the two AFs for about a week or two. I ended up putting the 2 stunted AFs outside to finish flowering and continued to flower the single untouched AK that was left. If I remember correctly I had a yield of about 1/8-1/4 oz from the healthy AK and a few grams each from the stunted plants that finished outside.

Now the Photo AKs where much better in my PC case. I grew this strain 3 times and grew 1 at a time. I basically was able to practice HST techniques, liking topping. I was able to bend these tops into Y shape to grow horizontally in the case. I was able to pull off 4 weeks of veg time (from seed) with the photos. These buds gave me 2 main colas each time I grew it with a lot of insignificant growth. My harvests ranged from 10-16grams roughly from these plants.

To conclude, the important thing to gather from this is that a 'resilient, indica-dominant, photo period strain would be your best bet. I would definitely recommend AK48 for this.

Autos don't respond well to HST, so I agree with AG that you should use a photo period plant. Lost time with an auto usually means the yield is affected in a big way, and the damn thing can hermie much easier than a photo period plant, as a result of ANY type of stress.

Harvest day everyone, and though it was a modest haul, this project was a success. I didn't weigh any of the wet material, doesn't seem as important as dry weight to me. This plant did produce one pretty big bud for it's small size, and I stripped all the small ones near the bottom off, and they're all hanging now. Here's a couple of pics for you guys, I consider this a success, since I grew a DWC plant to harvest, no matter how small the yield may be. I chopped this one at about 15% amber, so hopefully it will be some good smoke, now for the dry/cure, can't wait to smoke some!
20131020_180347.jpg
20131020_180357.jpg

Harvest day everyone, and though it was a modest haul, this project was a success. I didn't weigh any of the wet material, doesn't seem as important as dry weight to me. This plant did produce one pretty big bud for it's small size, and I stripped all the small ones near the bottom off, and they're all hanging now. Here's a couple of pics for you guys, I consider this a success, since I grew a DWC plant to harvest, no matter how small the yield may be. I chopped this one at about 15% amber, so hopefully it will be some good smoke, now for the dry/cure, can't wait to smoke some!
20131020_180347.jpg
20131020_180357.jpg

Looks DANK!

Thanks WRB, I'm glad I have a steady supply of good meds, or I'd be disappointed in this one, lol. This was more about the DWC experience for me, even though it was such a small girl, I succeeded! The strain review said it was some potent stuff, so it might even get me ripped a few times!

Back
Top Bottom