First Proper Grow Attempt - DWC Vs Soil Testing

Awesome!
Once that DWC is done you will have a bunch more room and be able to bring that light way down for the others. Bet they will explode then. :)
Yes indeedy, I can't wait! Talking of which...its going to be coming down sooner than I had previously thought. Just checked trichs more thoroughly and we have ambers! Right now there is only a few here and there but its about the same number of amber as clear now, with the other 90% still being cloudy. Flushing in full force begins now .

Might be changing the set up around a bit after the current veg plants get done too, which means I may throw them all into flower soon to get them out the way. Looking at a full RDWC setup. The yield/speed is too insane to ignore! Going to keep my TD as a mother I think and run a bunch of clones in the RDWC under a giant ScrOG to really fill the room up. Should be fun. Still that is atleast 10-12 weeks away so plenty to do before then.

Cheers Scooter ✌

Holy shit! Can't wait to get back to hydro

420-magazine-mobile1102254057.jpg

FML

Only found this on one bud off the whole plant but damn...fucking hermied and I didnt spot it till there were full blown seeds, kinda wanna cry right now lol. Im sure the rest is ok and will be awesome smoke though. Its odd its only that 1 spot on the whole plant (from what I can find)

Ugh this is not cool...

They were the only semi developed seeds...but she was fucking riddled, seeds starting to form Everywhere. Only tiny and very early so glad I caught it, but now worried the other plants in there have been pollinated. Anyone any input appreciated. I feel like chucking it on a bonfire right now and saying fuck it. I wont, but i'm pissed.

No proper update today im busy trimming this fucking wanker of a plant.
420-magazine-mobile947277146.jpg

Aaaaaargh! FUCK!

If it's really bad you could set aside all the seedy buds for hash making
Trouble is all the seedy buds means ALL the buds .

Ah I guess its a long learning process. Im going to investigate tomorrow as to the cause. I have lost the will with it tonight. Going to have a long think about things and what to do from here too...

420-magazine-mobile605132984.jpg

420-magazine-mobile437705828.jpg

There is some serious weight there atleast I might emd up with a shit load of hash .

The roots were massive, not looking so healthy here at the end, leads me to believe I may find the source of the stress that caused the hermie in the res....maybe it wasnt as good as I thought on PH and EC. Maybe that enzyme shit did something funky as it has only happened since adding that...who knows will look over it all tomorrow.
The DE is off the lid of the bucket when i took it off....
420-magazine-mobile1046093060.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1084153473.jpg

FML...what to do now...are the others pollinated?? I will find out tomorrow....

Well things went downhill fast on this grow eh? Really has me down right now. I have a lot of money invested and was relying on that as medicine for the next couple months. I will have to dry it and asses how bad it is but my hunch is its all going to become hash.
I had a peak and its too early for me to tell but I get the impression the TD atleast may have been affected a bit. Some hairs are turing brown already and its very early in flower. I'll be truly gutted if its ruined. I'll have to wait a few days atleast to know for sure though. The RCB I just cant tell right now at all. Going to clean the room down as best I can tomorrow, might throw in all my vegging plants and get them flowered and over with to make way for bigger things. Atleast I have learned a lot and got most of the way there haha.
Still undecided on coco or going full RDWC setup but I have some time to choose yet. I will keep this journal running until all my current plants are finished out. At which point I will likely start up a new one with whatever I decide to do.

Sorry for the downer posts its just lots of other shit has gone wrong this week outside of my grow. It has come at the worst possible time for me.

Take care all. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Don't blame yourself. I've been growing for many years, but this happened to me as well in my previous grow. The 12 plants I'm growing from those seeds look awesome. Crossing my fingers they won't hermie.

Even if your buds got pollinated, they'll taste just as good when smoked. It will have a little lower thc level. But it will still be good. At least mine was. Been smoking that stuff the past 3 months

Yeah man don't beat yourself up too much. Like others have said you should get a good amount of medication from it. I also know you'll be watching your TD like a hawk now and jump on first sign of a problem.

That plant went through a bunch of stress too over the grow if I remember. Transplants, insects, light issues from its height.

I'm still amazed by your skills so keep kicking ass man!

I'm sorry for your troubles, it's a rough hit for sure especially when it's helpful medically.
Successes are shared and enjoyed by all but we all know it's not sunshine and rainbows all the time. Don't feel bad about sharing your bummer times too. It's all part of the same game. Sending positive vibes your way and hope things get better for you.

What they said ^
When I said the hash thing I thought only a couple of colas would be affected. Bummer.
Still, you've got plenty of options with that big a yield. Even with seeds I'd bet it's better smoke than what some crumbum dealer has to offer.

It used to be the normal. Bagseed was very common in the old days. Some of the most famous strains today came from bagseed in the 80's and 90's. OG Kush is one of those.

Then the 2000'something came along and I don't know what happened but sensimilla became more and more normal. People also got more scared of growing bagseed, s1 seeds and so on because people had this belief that the seeds would produce hermies. Probably the seed companies spreading fear to sell more seeds. I don't know

Anyway. Sure it is a real risk that the offspring inherit the selfie genetics. But that only apply if genetics was the reason in the first place.

If stress induced this, you'll end up with a shitload of viable seeds. And one of them could be the next OG.

Don't throw away your selfie seeds. At least test them first

Thanks a lot guys! You have helped me feel a lot better about it all haha.

I am currently going to let it dry and see where I stand then.

I doubt I will have any viable seeds as I seem to have caught it as it just started but still never know. I might get some on my other plants, we'll see I guess.

Will try to do an update today but not sure of i'll have a chance. Take care all and thanks again!

you can still still smoke it, but try to not get any seeds in there, in your smoke i mean, maybe your lucky and its gonna be only abundance in spot close to where it hermied:goodluck: and don't give up now your gonna be one hell of a grower....
:goodjob: and:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom