First Proper Grow Attempt - DWC Vs Soil Testing

420-magazine-mobile377013793.jpg

Quick overview of flower room.
420-magazine-mobile1830581822.jpg

The pearly white roots on my DWC, so proud of this for a first attempt!
Wow. That's very impressive. I grow RDWC in an identically sized space. I cannibalized 2 General Hydro Rainforest Aeroponic systems hooked them together, and added a reservoir. I'm using LEDs and a CMH. I'm really looking forward to seeing your grow come to fruition. Those roots are amazing!

Hey GM! Hope all is well.
Hey bro yeah just in the middle of moving house. It all happened very quickly so no internet at the new place and half my stuff still needs moving. Sadly the plants are gone. It was necessary as my grow ain't legal, but still the genetics live on as I gave the vegging plants to a friend to look after/flower and got rid of the others. Ill get set up properly in the new place once I'm fully moved in. Thanks a lot for checking in!

The meds still look good my friend.. Lots of hash, some concentrate and a great learning experience. I'll tell you this....my friend has been growing for almost 7 years exactly the same way. He had his shit dialed in and was pulling good bud every month from his perpetual every month. No reason to change anything ......right? Well my friend.. .......YOU and your DWC plant inspired him to change his setup to DWC or at least experiment with it. As someone said earlier "lemonade from lemons". Not every grow is gonna be perfect, but a lot of people read and troll these forums and although you're new to this (as am I), You've already been an inspiration.

Haha where to even start, wow, thank you! Such kind words I really appreciate it, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I will certainly be hoping for nicer buds once I get set up again, but you are 100% correct the concentrates are awesome and I learned so much! Its all thanks to the awesome community on here! Everyone is so kind and helpful its great! I hope your friend kills it with the DWC!! I think my problems started when the plant got too big to do regular reservoir changes. Hoping to get a full RDWC set up going in the next couple months, going to take a leaf out of your book and set up a dedicated space built from the ground up as a grow room. Thanks a lot for stopping in dude! And for such kind words (you have me grinning from ear to ear haha)!

Haha where to even start, wow, thank you! Such kind words I really appreciate it, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I will certainly be hoping for nicer buds once I get set up again, but you are 100% correct the concentrates are awesome and I learned so much! Its all thanks to the awesome community on here! Everyone is so kind and helpful its great! I hope your friend kills it with the DWC!! I think my problems started when the plant got too big to do regular reservoir changes. Hoping to get a full RDWC set up going in the next couple months, going to take a leaf out of your book and set up a dedicated space built from the ground up as a grow room. Thanks a lot for stopping in dude! And for such kind words (you have me grinning from ear to ear haha)!
You two are inspirational. So cool to see folks actually respectful of each other on a forum... kinda rare. This is a cool thread. I grow in a RDWC and have had some success with it. Cheers

You two are inspirational. So cool to see folks actually respectful of each other on a forum... kinda rare. This is a cool thread. I grow in a RDWC and have had some success with it. Cheers
Haha yeah this forum is the place to be! So many kind awesome people on here, by far my favourite of all of the forums out there. Welcome to the thread dude and thank you for the kind words. Everything is all on hold a bit at the moment, but it should be up and running again soon .

If guy says your an inspiration to a veteran grower that's all I need to hear! Subbed up and ready to roll

Hey all. Thanks for stopping in, just got internet reconnected after moving house. So much work to be done in the new place and I got people coming and going up untill the beginning/middle of december hoping to get back up and running after then as I have a window of about 6-7months of nobody (builders/landlord) bothering me at the house (in theory) then past that I have to wait a month or two to get some stuff out the way then should be able to go full on after that. I plan to try coco in the upcoming grow so who knows where that will take me. Going to try running Autos too and see how it works out. For now I shall be focussed on getting the house sorted out as there were no floors when I moved in . Just finished carpeting my daughters bedroom today, now have to do mine. I'm loving all the DIY jobs though layed all my own laminate flooring, and saved a fortune in the process! Still next grow is going to be on a serious budget the move has got me maxed out completely. Still for that reason the sooner I get growing the better, not enjoying being back to buying bud already.
Thanks again everyone for stopping in, I'll do my best to catch up on everybody's journals over the next fews days or so but I'm mental busy so forgive me if it takes me a little while.
Take care all ✌✌

Happy to see you mate congratulations on new house. Bet we'll see some amazing grows there

So, firstly thank you everyone for the warm welcome back. I have internet now but still pretty busy getting work done on the house so not that active sorry...turns out I'm a bit slow at flooring and carpentry, still better than paying someone else to do something I can figure out .

Im currently trying to plan out my next grow room as I now have an actual room to grow in rather than a loft I need to work out the layout and plan etc. It is also all on a budget so that adds a more challenging element to it. I have a little bit of money to spend but wish to do so wisely as I dont have much. Debating getting a 4x8ft (may have to go with 4x4ft and then add a second when I can afford it) tent to go in the room or just building a partitioning wall. Either way I will have to box in the window in there to prevent light leaks (both for hermi prevention and so neighbours don't see). The house I'm now in is a lot older than my last one and a lot less sound proof so if anyone has tips on cheap soundproofing they would be most welcome!

I plan to grow in Coco this time around and have already been and got my coco so its pretty much too late to change my mind now (got Canna Professional Plus). Going to run my Advanced Platinum LED over 4-8 plants to start off with and maybe add in a second light and more plants about a month or so in.

I have some Dutch Passion Auto Colorado Cookies seeds on the way in the mail (lots of them as they were in a 2 for 1 Black Friday deal) and also a couple of Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto and a couple Dinafem Amnesia XXL Auto freebies. All that added to my existing Black DOG, Tangerine Dream and Red Cherry Berry seeds and I should have plenty to choose between. The first batch I plan to pop will be all Colorado Cookies and should hopefully be good to harvest 9-11 weeks after germination.

As before I would like to try and get a somewhat perpetual setup going long term. I'm hoping to get a Wilma as I no longer have to fit all my kit through a 50cm square loft hatch! Not sure on which exact one to go for though to best suit what I want to do. I'm debating between getting The small square Wilma with 4x11L pots or the same but with 8x6.5L pots. My reasoning is that this time around I want to try to acheive the fastest possible turnaround time on the grow. The long term plan is to have a few mothers in their own tent (say 2-3) and then a veg tent with a wilma in (allowing me to veg plants for 2-3 weeks before putting into flower tent) and a flower tent for each mother, each with its own wilma system. Hopefully that would allow side by side consecutive SOG style grows from cuttings with very minimal veg time therefore cutting down time between harvests drastically. Obviously thats a long way off yet hence the Auto seeds to get things speeding along nicely to start with. I like the speed from Autos but the need to keep buying seeds puts me off so I will either fade back to only growing photoperiod plants over time or get some colloidal silver and make my own seeds.

Anyways off to bed, busy day tomorrow sorry for the long, boring and almost pointless post. Congrats to anyone that actually read it all . Hopefully I will have something more interesting going on soon but for now its all just planning until the landlords and builders have finished up and buggered off some time in early december. Still a boring update is better than no update right??

Take care all have a great day ✌

Had some mail today ✨

Getting closer now. Couple more weeks and I should be up and running. I have had flu for the last week which slowed things down a bit but I'm confident I can start work atleast building the space in the next week. Need to build a silencer box for my fan/filter and grab a couple of bits from the grow store (mainly EC/PH meter calibration fluids and maybe some drip clean and a wilma depending on price) but I have basically got everything I need now. Wont be long ✌✌

420-magazine-mobile435087398.jpg

Have a great day all.

Woo! Welcome back brother. Sounds like a perfect time to pop some seeds .
Haha thanks dude. Yeah I have been considering it to be honest. But I'm going to wait a little longer, maybe pop a few of them once I am clear to start on building the room. Take care buddy ✌

Well the time has come....

420-magazine-mobile1892394789.jpg

I have decided to close down/finish up with this journal as my new grow is neither dwc or soil related. I want to thank everybody that joined me on this journey and I invite everyone to come on over to my new journal once it is set up.

Honestly thank you to everyone who joined me along the way. I cant say it enough you guys/gals helped me learn so much and have given me the confidence to keep on growing and learn to overcome issues that occur. Thank you all again!

Off to go and start a new journal for a new setup and whole new angle on things ✌✌.

I hope everybody has a wonderful day!

Take care all .

Well the time has come....

420-magazine-mobile1892394789.jpg

I have decided to close down/finish up with this journal as my new grow is neither dwc or soil related. I want to thank everybody that joined me on this journey and I invite everyone to come on over to my new journal once it is set up.

Honestly thank you to everyone who joined me along the way. I cant say it enough you guys/gals helped me learn so much and have given me the confidence to keep on growing and learn to overcome issues that occur. Thank you all again!

Off to go and start a new journal for a new setup and whole new angle on things ✌✌.

I hope everybody has a wonderful day!

Take care all .
Good luck man!

Back
Top Bottom