First Time Grower - 3 White Widow Indoors - Help Needed Please

I use the Viparspectra 300w LED and it has 8 different coloured LED's, from IR to UV and everything in between. They are a country mile better than the awful cheap LED that came with my grow tent. If was any worse it would be called a dark instead of a light !!
As for the Molases being a myth, the man who was using it has been growing award winning fruit and veg for 30 years, he said he started using it 5 years back and noticed much better quality fruit and veg as a result. It may be other factors, but he said that was all he had changed.

Just took these pics, I stand by my 450ws!!
IMG_239829.JPG
IMG_241032.JPG

420-magazine-mobile993023323.jpg

This is from all white light, easy on the eyes and easy to diagnose problems. I pulled over 3lb with 1000 watts of leds in a 5x5. Cannabis needs intensity, it will adapt to about any kinda of light. The new light I just built is in the 60's in efficiency, most panel lights are still in 30's.

That's because white light is every color combined making it full spectrum. But let's say you used only blue lights, good during veg, bad during flower.

Not really sure, but all blue light probably wouldn't do as good as full spectrum. They need more blue in veg but also need rest of the par spectrum. Would be a cool experiment to try.

Tried that as a science project back in high school using colored light filters, blue = tall and not very bushy, red = short and very bushy, yellow = medium and bushy, the daylight control plant came in medium and medium. Needless to say it was NOT weed. That's why the blue end of the spectrum is preferred in veg with a switch to the red end during flower, you wind up with tall very bushy plants.

I use the Viparspectra 300w LED and it has 8 different coloured LED's, from IR to UV and everything in between. They are a country mile better than the awful cheap LED that came with my grow tent. If was any worse it would be called a dark instead of a light !!
As for the Molases being a myth, the man who was using it has been growing award winning fruit and veg for 30 years, he said he started using it 5 years back and noticed much better quality fruit and veg as a result. It may be other factors, but he said that was all he had changed.
When would u recommend feeding the plants

Before, during or after the light?

From what I've read that whole thing is a myth. The roots can't uptake sugar, the plant has to make it. Only reason it's good is because it had other nutrients, iron calcium ect

I have been looking at a docu of 1,5 hours about lights and nutricients.. it depends on How much of all nutricients you use but wasnt it animo acids that helped the roots take sugar? There was one that helped but not Sure If it was the amino... you can check my journal, the link of the docu is in there.. link of my journal is in my bio.

Let me know If you find out something :) together we learn..

Let me explain a bit better. I use a syringe and put about 10-15ml around the seedling, it keeps them damp, not soaking and helps the roots spread out to seek the water. I use a very weak solution of nutrients to avoid burning the little seedlings. As they get bigger, I use a little more of the solution, but not much. As I have a heater in the tent, they can get dry quite easily, hence the 3 times a day. As they get bigger and into their big pots, I soak them on the first watering, making sure all the grow medium is very wet. I also start to use more nutrients, slowly increasing the amount of nutrients in the water. I mix up a big bucket of nutrients and water and keep it oxygenated with a big airstone from an aquarium.
I know that everyone has a different idea on what is the right way to water their plants. Its about what works for you. I would not tell you my way is the best or worst way, its what works for my unique set up. The heater can make the girls very dry, hence the 3 times a day. I have a good friend who has great results watering for 1 minute 3 times a day. He has a timer set up to a watering system, it pumps water to watering rings at the base of each plant. It works for him.
Do some research and play about and see what works for you, if its working well, you can give it little tweaks and make it perfect. Now that may not work for me, because I have a heater in my tent or because I am out all day - basically life happens !
I hope you work out a good system. Just make sure your girls aren't too wet, thats the worst mistake and can kill the plants dead ! Also with nutrients, go low to begin, you can easily add more, but you can never take them out !

Let me explain a bit better. I use a syringe and put about 10-15ml around the seedling, it keeps them damp, not soaking and helps the roots spread out to seek the water. I use a very weak solution of nutrients to avoid burning the little seedlings. As they get bigger, I use a little more of the solution, but not much. As I have a heater in the tent, they can get dry quite easily, hence the 3 times a day. As they get bigger and into their big pots, I soak them on the first watering, making sure all the grow medium is very wet. I also start to use more nutrients, slowly increasing the amount of nutrients in the water. I mix up a big bucket of nutrients and water and keep it oxygenated with a big airstone from an aquarium.
I know that everyone has a different idea on what is the right way to water their plants. Its about what works for you. I would not tell you my way is the best or worst way, its what works for my unique set up. The heater can make the girls very dry, hence the 3 times a day. I have a good friend who has great results watering for 1 minute 3 times a day. He has a timer set up to a watering system, it pumps water to watering rings at the base of each plant. It works for him.
Do some research and play about and see what works for you, if its working well, you can give it little tweaks and make it perfect. Now that may not work for me, because I have a heater in my tent or because I am out all day - basically life happens !
I hope you work out a good system. Just make sure your girls aren't too wet, thats the worst mistake and can kill the plants dead ! Also with nutrients, go low to begin, you can easily add more, but you can never take them out !

Good deal thanks for the clarification! What do you grow in? I've never known a seedling to need nutrients. Hell I barley given any nutrients all the way through veg lol

I have started them in plain old Jiffy Pellets, they are currently still seedlings and all 3 are sat in expanded clay balls, I am toying with using either a mix of Perlite/Vermiculite or Coco Coir - thats actually what I am up to today - I will read up on a few grow journals here and then see what available in my local garden centre ! This place is great for research, I might even do a bit of an experiment myself, see which works the best. The nutrients I use are very weak, just a little bit of help for the girls.

Back
Top Bottom