First time grower having an issue with a plant

They have a good schedule. I tend to start light (1/3 dose)and work my way up, especially if they are in Ocean Forest. Happy frog is a more mild soil so you can give them a bit more.
There is really no need to give her anything other than water for a few weeks if she's in fresh Ocean Forest.
It's a well built soil.
This is true. I use the same soil & don't feed anything for about 3 weeks.

I appreciate the quick feedback from all of you should I wait to water now until soil is dryed completely or should I ad some water to get the nutrient levels down some?
They are starting to hook at the top but don't look burned. It's been 3 days since they were fed.
Get the heat up so she will drink again. Wait until shes damn near bone dry and give her plain water.
I don't think she needs to be flushed yet. If she has enough heat and light at this quick growing stage she will bounce back.
I don't see any burned tips on her.

Wait until shes damn near bone dry and give her plain water.
The crux of the biscuit. I get curl on some of my girls, they are just finicky. I send a round or two of straight water with (with cal mag and vinegar for pH) and then cut back on the grow big for that plant. I also switched from 2-0-0 cal mag to 1-0-0 cal mag to be able to regulate the N better. But I still get curl on certain plants, my temperatures never change. They seem to work their way through it, I wouldn't be too concerned.

I’m going to shut my exhaust fan off for the day so it stay warmer in there. Exhaust doesn’t run at night
Good idea. When they are little I just use a small fan to circulate air around them.
They don't need the high volume air exchange yet.

Pro tip ( lol): Never ever run a carbon filter if your rh is above 70%. It will clog it and kill it. I don't use carbon until a few weeks into flower. I will use the extraction fan without the filter attached from 3-4 weeks in veg until that time.

I killed one. I killed it good.:confused:

Yea I started Wednesday but from what I’ve read growers advise against using it within 30 days of new soil and I just transplanted last Sunday to 3 gallon pots I got a little excited when I got my nutes this past week and decided to give them a dose when I ph’d the mixture it was at 6.4
I think this is the root of your problem. You got excited when the package arrived and tried it out. I've been there myself and done the same sort of thing with results that looked similar to what you have.

The plant is reacting to all that extra nutrition from what you added to the soil. And, it sounds like it had a fair amount of nutrients already in the soil from the company that made the product.

Personally, my recommendation is to solve the issue first before you transplant again into what might be enhanced soil. You transplanted a week ago and are planning on doing it again in two weeks. You might want to hold off.

Good luck and have fun.

Shut the fans down temp has gone up to 68 was at 65 I’ll see how she does and right before lights out I’ll see if there’s any improvement lights out at 9 pm
Why don't you extend your Dark period or Light period to a time that you run your lights when it's the coldest? You know, totally switch your time that you run your lights so they are on during the coldest part of the day / night.

So I ran into my next problem I just noticed something funky about the stem any ideas?

Attachments

• 87956A1B-52C8-4B97-943E-0D3260348E26.jpeg
    87956A1B-52C8-4B97-943E-0D3260348E26.jpeg
    760.7 KB · Views: 54
Welcome to the forum @Cgbw ...getting some good advice there :thumb: The only thing I would add is that the Big Bloom is only a guano & earthworm casting "tea" very low in NPK ...and it's supposed to be 2 Table spoons of the Big Bloom...and I start with only it as early a week 1 from sprout...but I start my beans in a seedling starter mix also, with no nutrient content...and those little white bumps are possible root spots, as the stalk hardens it will do that :goodluck:

Oh yeah, and quit watering so much :thedoubletake: you're going to get root rot if you don't let the roots dry out and grow in search of water :thumb: EDIT:...When I transplant, it could take a week before she fills the pot and needs water again

Oh yeah, and quit watering so much :thedoubletake: you're going to get root rot if you don't let the roots dry out and grow in search of water :thumb: EDIT:...When I transplant, it could take a week before she fills the pot and needs water again
Thanks for the tip I’m going to cut back my watering schedule to once a week if possible gonna see how long it is until I water again not going to get over excited and start messing with things. I did fim it yesterday and it is already showing good signs of growth

Thanks for the tip I’m going to cut back my watering schedule to once a week if possible gonna see how long it is until I water again not going to get over excited and start messing with things. I did fim it yesterday and it is already showing good signs of growth
I use the leaves as a "gas gauge" ...when the whole leaf, stem and all droop, and the pot feels light, like nothings in it...water/feed then repeat :goodluck:

My one plant still giving me trouble I’m assuming it has to do with nitrogen but can one of you more experienced growers take a look and let me know what you think and possibly help with a solution? I also discovered a bunch of fungus gnats yesterday working on getting rid of them

Attachments

• C3BE7F77-63DE-4073-B657-32B4D779A223.jpeg
    C3BE7F77-63DE-4073-B657-32B4D779A223.jpeg
    694 KB · Views: 50
  • A2518679-37CD-4D78-A916-22188845B0AF.jpeg
    A2518679-37CD-4D78-A916-22188845B0AF.jpeg
    667.6 KB · Views: 52
Looks like the reaction from the over fertilizing. I have done it myself when I experimented with feeding using some of the Fox Farm trio in my soil. The distorted leaves never really went away but as long as the new growth was normal looking everything seemed OK. I believe it is the Fox Farm Grow Big that has (organically based) salt fertilizers in it and is the one that can sometimes cause the problem.

In the photo it looks like the new growth is a normal leaf shape so you should be good to go.

Damage from fungus gnats possibly. It can show up as multiple deficiencies...distorted leaves with necrosis.
Mosquito bits added to feed water 24 hrs prior will get rid of them. They can spread pythium to plants so you want to get them under control asap.

This also brings up that you are not letting your plants dry enough between watering. Fungus gnats are an excellent indicator of this in soil grows. You want the top 2"-3" to be bone dry so they can't survive. They will sometimes find another way in through drain holes. The mosquito bits will work for these sneaky ones too. It will break the life cycle. Sticky taps at the soil level will take care of any adults.

Back
Top Bottom