First time grower seeking knowledge. TIA

Easeedoesit

Strain: Northern Lights x Purple Kush
Characteristics: Indica
Number of Plants: 1
Plant Stage: Vegetative (15 days since germination)
Type of Grow: Indoor
Medium: Soil (Miracle Grow Potting Mix)
Pot Size: 12" round, 14" deep
Lights: 2 CFL bulbs right now (52w, 3220l, 13,000k)(total light). Will be adding 3 (26w, 1750l, 2700k) CFL's
Lighting Cycle: 17/7
Is it Air Cooled: Intake and exhaust fans, plus an osculating fan
Temperature: Steady at 80 working on getting and keeping it around 75
Any Pests: No Pest
How Often are you Watering: So far every 3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used: not using any yet
Size or Square Footage of Room: 2x2x3 (feet) (LxWxH) height doesn't include room for lights

Now that we have all of that out of the way, let me say howdy. I'm new to the whole growing thing. I have been doing alot of research the past 6 months and decided to give growing a try. So far i think i'm doing pretty good. I do have a concern about how my plant is growing tho. It's growing out instead of up. It got about 4" short, and stopped growing vertical. But is growing out. Not worried, because the plant is green and overall healthy (in my eyes), just curious. Any input and suggestions are greatly appreciated. TIA

IMG_061413.jpg
IMG_06038.jpg
IMG_06128.jpg
IMG_059517.jpg
IMG_060612.jpg
IMG_059011.jpg

You should get a grow journal going here at 420 mag!!!

It will allow us to follow your grow, and make it much easier to help if anything were to go wrong :) Looks like you already are off to a great start, the only thing I would suggest is get rid of the miracle grow soil and get a good base soil like happy frog, roots organic, fox farms or other premium soils... Miracle grow really isn't designed for Marijuana growing and though I have seen grows be successful using that type of soil, more often than not MG soil leads to issues. Just a suggestion but either way your plants look great :)

You should get a grow journal going here at 420 mag!!!

It will allow us to follow your grow, and make it much easier to help if anything were to go wrong :) Looks like you already are off to a great start, the only thing I would suggest is get rid of the miracle grow soil and get a good base soil like happy frog, roots organic, fox farms or other premium soils... Miracle grow really isn't designed for Marijuana growing and though I have seen grows be successful using that type of soil, more often than not MG soil leads to issues. Just a suggestion but either way your plants look great :)

Thank you for the advice Icemud. I will be getting different soil. I was told miracle grow is a good starting soil. Glad I joined this site. How do I get a grow journal going? I was tying to figure it out, but was able to. Please help. TIA.

Well you pretty much already have a good format for a journal, so maybe the moderator can move this thread to the right spot....

Or, just take the same format above, by describing all the details of the grow, and start a journal here...

Journals in Progress

How to Make a Grow Journal

Well you pretty much already have a good format for a journal, so maybe the moderator can move this thread to the right spot....

Or, just take the same format above, by describing all the details of the grow, and start a journal here...

Journals in Progress

How to Make a Grow Journal

I appreciate the help and info so far. Do you have any grows in progress I could watching? Or any on the horizon? I definitely will be posting a lot about this grow. Hope you stick around. So any advice on when I should start nutes? TIA.

I currently am flowering my grow, you can find it by clicking the links in my signature.

I never have worked with Miracle grow before, but with most plants, including ones in organic soil, you want to wait at least a few weeks before feeding any nutrients. Since Miracle grow already has nutrients in it, I really wouldnt suggest anything until later in your grow. Compost tea's are always good for the plants :)

Back
Top Bottom