First Time Indoor Grow - Need Your Help

IMG_5445.jpeg
IMG_5446.jpeg
IMG_5447.jpeg
Had to pull lefty out today. Lupe showed 90% amber so it wasn’t far off.
Tent was way overcrowded and stems were falling all over each other.
Was concerned about mould as it’s been extremely humid lately.
White flies are out of control and I’m losing that battle

So still got the other two under lights.
Different seed banks so that explains the difference in appearance.
I’m thinking another two weeks

So went back in and had a good look between buds.
Very disappointed to see that every inch of both plants was riddled with dead leaves and suspect mould spots.
Both remaining plants have been pulled.
Look how much a had to throw away!
Basically the top quarter of each stalk was salvageable.
Definitely not going to get a high yield which is disappointing cause the training went really well.

On top of that…..just been told that running light at night has added 200-250 dollars a month to our power bill for the last 6 months. Should have stuck to day hours so the solar panels provided the power.

I chose to stop outdoor grows to bypass mould and insect issues…….still have that issue it seems.
IMG_5465.jpeg

And you're sure it was mold? It's hard to keep a plant happy while flowering that long.
Hopefully you kept what you could and end up with a few buds to enjoy.
In my opinion, stuff that you're a little iffy about can still be used for edibles.
Sorry that things didn't work out quite how you wanted. I hope your next grow will make up for it.

So went back in and had a good look between buds.
Very disappointed to see that every inch of both plants was riddled with dead leaves and suspect mould spots.
Both remaining plants have been pulled.
Look how much a had to throw away!
Basically the top quarter of each stalk was salvageable.
Definitely not going to get a high yield which is disappointing cause the training went really well.

On top of that…..just been told that running light at night has added 200-250 dollars a month to our power bill for the last 6 months. Should have stuck to day hours so the solar panels provided the power.

I chose to stop outdoor grows to bypass mould and insect issues…….still have that issue it seems.
IMG_5465.jpeg
Poor flower though, shame to see it ends up like that

All dried and bagged.
Now the breakdown.

Firstly thanks to everyone who followed the thread and commented on posts with suggestions. I could not have done it without your valuable knowledge. Being my first indoor grow it was extremely helpful.

Equipment:
Very happy with my MARS HYDRO equipment. Good quality and simple to use.

What have we learned.

1. Daylight hours
Running them at night during summer was a good idea to keep temps down but it cost me nearly $800 in extra power as I wasn’t taking advantage of my solar generated power.
Solution: grow in winter and run lights during the day.

2. Overcrowding
Always planned to have 2 plants but when the dogs attacked the seedlings I panicked, bought new seeds, and planted one.
Solution: only ever 2 plants

3. LST
Very happy with my LST efforts as it’s my favourite step. Less plants will allow more LST. Lots of dead rubbish under the buds however due to insufficient lollipoping.
Solution: more lollipoping.

4. Nutes
Hydro needs different nutes. Now have the correct nutes as suggested by other members.

5. Over watering
Too much water is not good. Water sitting in pot pans brings bugs and mould.
Solution: only water enough to keep medium moist.

6. Timer
Got a fancy digital timer that ended up screwing up the flowering process.
Solution: stick to the single push pin timer.

7. Shed
There was concerns about the shed temps, however I never saw it them get higher in the tent than 37°C
Solution: try to grow in winter.

Yield……the big question.
So obviously not as much as I hoped due to the timer stalling the flower cycle. Putting them back into flower for another 8 weeks really took its toll. Same time the white flies turned up and not long after the mould crept in due to the flies.

Amounts
Lefty:
Old seed- seedling badly damaged by dogs- harvested before mould arrived.
Approx 4 Oz
Malcom in the middle:
Old seed- minor dog damage- harvested when mould was found
Approx 2.5 Oz
New Kid On The Block:
New seed
Approx 2.5 Oz

So yields not that great, just under 10 Oz isn’t too bad.
Gives me plenty till I can start again next winter.

Again thanks for all the knowledge and tips.
I’ll be sure to start another thread in 12 months so I can access more of the terrific knowledge you all have.

What a terrific post Mindblank with all the lessons in one place for future reference. And after all that to end up with over half a pound of your own home grown meds is a great result!

:bravo:

If you start another journal, come back here and drop a link so we'll be able to find it.
I will definitely be leaning on you again next time. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom