First Time Indoor/Outdoor Grow Bag Seed

Hey guys let me bother you with a question. I am having PH issues. first off my soil is a mix of mg organic and some bagged topsoil. I didnt mix it properly it was wet and clumped up it looked like it had alot of clay mixed in it. My ph is good at the surface 7 and then it steadily decreases as it gets to the bottom of my planter. I am using ph adjusted water and nutes. I am using a sunleaves ph soil tester the analog read out with a long probe!

Should I keep flushing and ph ing my water and nutes?

Should I add lime? and if so what kind? at this stage of the plants life its about four months in veg. I have read where certain limes can be slow or fast acting.

Should I try to raise it with my General Hydro ph kit?

Should I re-pot her and gently removed bottom layer of dirt and add some ocean forest?

Is there a chemical that I can add that will not go over 7 ph?

Did I say question I meant lots of questions I have refrained from many questions until now and have researched it and I have not seen any one with a soil issue like this one!

:helpsmilie::thanks::blunt:

I would flush until the water coming out of the bottom of the pots is around 5.8 - 6.5. The easiest way to flush imo is inside of a bath tub. Run the tap water directly through the pots, finish it off with a clean R.O. flush.
Adjust your water pH levels with small amounts diluted pH Up and pH Down.

You should try growing with coco peat next time around. We use Sunshine Mix #4. It's a soil-less medium that is pretty much inert, has lime added for pH, and comes in a huge bale.

Grow is looking great! :Namaste:

I would flush until the water coming out of the bottom of the pots is around 5.8 - 6.5. The easiest way to flush imo is inside of a bath tub. Run the tap water directly through the pots, finish it off with a clean R.O. flush.
Adjust your water pH levels with small amounts diluted pH Up and pH Down.

You should try growing with coco peat next time around. We use Sunshine Mix #4. It's a soil-less medium that is pretty much inert, has lime added for pH, and comes in a huge bale.

Grow is looking great! :Namaste:

Thanks i will give it a try, I always water to the point of a lot of run off but I have not flushed completly yet. I was using MG liquid plant food and it seemed to be doing perfect then I think that I got toxic salt build up and it settled toward the bottom. I am currently using fox farm grow big and big bloom at below recommended dosage. :thanks:

merry christmas everyone! Im still here guys just trying to keep my head above water.
I still have one plant in veg and 30 clones rooted.
I didnt get my HPS so all i have is cfls. I also have an industrial metal halide 400watts but Im not sure if I can wire it for a 110 outlet it says 277 volts. If anyone has any electrical experience
and can help THAT WOULD MAKE MY CHRISTMAS/BIRTHDAY:420:

merry christmas everyone! Im still here guys just trying to keep my head above water.
I didnt get my HPS so all i have is cfls. I also have an industrial metal halide 400watts but Im not sure if I can wire it for a 110 outlet it says 277 volts. If anyone has any electrical experience
and can help THAT WOULD MAKE MY CHRISTMAS/BIRTHDAY:420:

I'm pretty sure you have to replace the ballast with a 110 with the same wattage rating as the bulb...you probly can sell it on ebay or craglist...how many wires does it have...if its a multi tap you just have to change wire connection...if you only have 2 wires coming out it will connect to 110..

I'm pretty sure you have to replace the ballast with a 110 with the same wattage rating as the bulb...you probly can sell it on ebay or craglist...how many wires does it have...if its a multi tap you just have to change wire connection...if you only have 2 wires coming out it will connect to 110..

It has three wires Miwa,:thanks: thanks

and can help THAT WOULD MAKE MY CHRISTMAS/BIRTHDAY:420:[/QUOTE]

us_007_3_.JPG

us_017_2_.JPG

It has three wires Miwa,:thanks: thanks

Ok...i see 3 wires...if you have a cord with a plug ..connect the black and white wires...the green wire leave disconnected...plug in and see if the bulb will fire up...if it doesn't you need to change the ballast to make it work...don't worry it won't explode or anything...it will either come on or stay off...i hope it works...:goodluck:

ok miwa I got it wired up and plugged in (no light) but ballast is def working i can hear a soft buzzing sound I am not sure if the bulbs bad or not it was in the fixture when I got it.

I wish some stores were open!

ok miwa I got it wired up and plugged in (no light) but ballast is def working i can hear a soft buzzing sound I am not sure if the bulbs bad or not it was in the fixture when I got it.

I wish some stores were open!

My grow room lights come on a 5 pm...i'll check the info plate on mine to see if its the same as yours and get back to you..

Thanks miwa!:thanks:

Well my grow is still going but it will most likely be pitiful I did not get a hid and the mh light wont work without an electrician. here are some pics of my babies and my work in progress.
I guess I will go 12/12 this week when I finish my grow room/closet.

Here is my temp set up for now.
us_016_2_.JPG
us_013_3_.JPG

Looking forward to your 2L SOG. I like the green bottle containers fits them well.

Hey twelve its good to see you visit my journal. I actually moved the best sixteen to another location my friend he has two 400 watt MH HIDS.

He will be vegging two more weeks and we transplanted into 1 gallon planters
we are using fox farm trio and happy frog for medium.

I will be starting a new line of seeds from last outdoor plants mainly the purple one to find a new mother for 2012 outdoor adventure.

I might even consider getting some regular quality genes and produce some seeds for future use.

:peace:

my babies are safe and growing in their new home were Im just a very opinionated and loud
silent partner heehee!
IMG01564-20111231-1601.jpg

here is another update of the babies they have a slight mag def. we will be adding epsom salts to correct this issue. two table spoons per gallon of water. I have more sister clones that I have tested this cure on and seems to be working well. enjoy!
031_4_.JPG

Wow GG.. those are looking really nice. Maybe you can stop over to my journal and give me some pointers. I have two going on, would really appreciate it.

Wow GG.. those are looking really nice. Maybe you can stop over to my journal and give me some pointers. I have two going on, would really appreciate it.

Thanks queen I would be glad to look at your grow but remember Im still learning like you but we have some really good info here at 420 and I have like 4 different
grow books to help also so yep!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom