First time low budget

estranged

Well i decided to start a journal because imma gonna need all the help i can get i think,, even with it my expectations are low,, but this is first time practice with minimal money invested.

-- seeds germinated 03/11/09,, bagseed of unknown as was 7 years ago,,lol
do remember getting about 10 or so in an ounce,,all basically in a 3 gram bud,, wasnt horrible stuff,, lol,, also a skunk #1 inthere ,, i think i know which one it is,,
-- used wrong soil to start,, MG moisture soil (lol here it comes) with time release nutes and shultz potting soil with time release nutes,, both were
.08-.12-.08
-- On day 18 (03/29/09) transplanted to bigger pots (plastic coffee cans washed really really well) with organic tropical plant mix consisting of peat moss, humus, compost, perlite and added some vermiculite.
-- they are under 8 23w cfl's @ 1700 lumens each 6500k,, and a couple of 18inch fluro tubes 880 lumens each,, so 15,360 lumens total 24/0 . There will be sepeate chamber for flower as you will see in pics,, will be buying HID for flower,, just not sure what yet,, might get T5's for heat issue,, any suggestions??
-- as is my first grow and unkown quality of seeds,, i just did this kinda half assed but,whole hearted,, :) total spent so far is $42. With light and nutes and supplies to finish flower room hoping total not more than $350.
-- There are things i have done wrong, and sure there will be more,, lol,, so any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

ON to the pics,,
this is veg chamber,, lol,, laugh if you want ,, i do,,
3.5'w x 3'd x 3.5'h
2 4" 12vdc comp fans running on one 12vdc transformer at 6vdc each for exhuast,, passive intake,,
rsz_picture_028.jpg

this is where flower chamber will be,,
3.5'w x 3'd x 5.5'h
rsz_picture_032.jpg

inside veg chamber,,
rsz_picture_035.jpg

rsz_picture_037.jpg

rsz_picture_039.jpg

4 of these plants seem to be growing in like a "V" stretched way, and yellowing on the tips of leaves,, im just taking it as bad soil and maybe these are the 4 bagseed and the other one is the skunk #1( farthest in red container in above pics)
rsz_picture_034.jpg

shot from outside closet
rsz_picture_036.jpg

thanks for any advice or suggestions and sorry for the long post,,
if anything im doing wrong in the grow or on the forum dont hestitate to let me know,,

Re: first time low budget..

oh ya and i got a humidifier in there on low cause is kinda dry in there,,
cant see it cause its behind the pieces of emergency blanket covered cardbaord for more light reflection till they are bigger then just use more lights and the white walls hopefully,,

the plants look good and the setup seems pretty decent as well. i've heard really bad thing about time released nute soils tho (particularly shultz). even tho the plants will grow in practically any soil. everything looks pretty fine to me.

thanks for the feedback guys,,

i think they need some nutes so gonna buy some on tuesday,,
any ideas of what i can get at like walmarts,,home depot,, canadian tire,, and such,, as where i live there are no hydro shops,, :(

but for now i stuck some plant food spikes in them
jobes 13-4-5,, i know they not recommended but i think they need nitrogen pretty bad cause yellowing tips getting pretty bad,,
and shhh quiet ,, but i also watered them with some pee water,,:)

but wanna get some good nutes,,???

well i hope the second option also,, :) i just read it some faq some where around here and well the pee was barely yellow and i drink lots of water so hopefully it dont screw them up too much,, i added a fan inside now slightly blowing on the plants as it was out for a few days thinking the humidifier and exhaust would provide the breeze but it wasnt.
had to fill the humidifier after only 1 day again as it was empty and still seems dry in there,, 2 gal. humidifier ,, think i will hang a wet towel too or something,,

hopefully someone can will pop by with some advice for nutes that can be purchased at nurseries or home depot or walmart or something,, :)

for veg you want a n-p-k of equal values (i.e. 20-20-20)
for flower you want something with a higher phosphorus lever (i.e. 20-30-20)

you want to start at a quarter dose and work your way up.
feed every 2 waterings or so (opinion)

tomato fertilizer is good to look at for veg, then anything that has the word "bloom" is good to look at for flower.

hope that helped

ok thanks klozit,,
i thought i wanted lower p and k values for veg and higher n
but all the same or close to it i guess,,
excellent now i know that i might just go have a look tomorrow and see what i can find,,

i am having second thoughts about driving 6 hours to get lights and nutes and soil,,
for flowering,, so i am thinking about ordering over internet with credit card,,
feedback on the sercurity of this and service and packaging of companies would be excellent from those of you who have done this,,

you can use pee if its diluted well. like 1/15 - 1/20 is the usual for young plants. fertilizers just shit anyways. but i heard sea weed spray works well, think they have something like that around my walmart.

just try and do what i did, i went to Foxfarms.com and they have this thing that if you wanna buy a product takes you to a map and so i clicked the state i was in then it ask for the city so i did and guess what never in the world would i have known that a hydro store was right down the street so maybe if you do the same it might give you some info of places around you

well i live in canada and so that foxfarms website just states,,,
still havent figured out what to do yet tho,,
likely just end up ordering online soon,,
i put my girlfriends plant in to flower last night so i gotta get something quick,,

was looking at 70w and 150w hps,, but for the lumens/watt its just not worth it,,
might as well just keep using cfl's for flower,, but most likely order a 250w or 400w hps,,
seems to be cheaper and more lumens than the tek t5 light systems,, just worried about heat,,
anyways,,
thanks for the advice peeps,,
going put some pics up later of a plants cause at least one all the leaf tips are yellow??
so hopefully someone can help me keep these plants healthy,,

you should jus consider buying a cheap 150 watt hps with a built in ballast for the time being. it works great for a while :grinjoint:

ya i thought about that,,
150hps,, sercurity light with the photosensor thingy,,
$80-- 16,000 lumens and theres a thread here on how too get rid of the photosensor thingammajiggy,,

$235 shipped to door -- 50,000 lumens for complete 400w hps at canadianwholesalehydroponics.com
they used to have a store like an hour an half away from me,, but now only do online,,

there used to be a hydro shop here couple years ago, even the address of the place was 420, but the idiot got caught growing in the back,,
i know we all wanna grow,, but sheesh theres a time and a place right,,
now we got no more hydro shop here.. :( really bites,,

well here is a pic of the one with all the yellow leaf tips??(nitrogen?),, even most of the new growth,, bad picture i know but i need batteries for my camera,, it died right as i took this one,,will get better pic up once get batteries
rsz_1picture_006.jpg

and quick shot of all of em
i put the one in the white margerine container in 12/12 last night
sure am hoping the big one in the red is a girl,,will keep as mother if is,,all plants 20 days old,, seem slow but is cfl with not so great soil,,
rsz_picture_0071.jpg

Nice plants you were talking about how mine were nice but look at yoursi like how they are small and bushy real nice i like em, sooner or later those babies are gonna be budding machines and yes get some nutes that way you wont have the yellowing of the tips!

thanks for the compliments on the plants,,
thought they would be taller then that by now ,,
they say like average a foot height in 30 days,, well been 20 and no where near that so figure kinda slow,,

but i screwed up (again) :)

i put that one plant in 12/12 last night (just removed from light and put in light sealed box for now untill i get proper flower room setup in a week or two)
and i totally forgot to do it tonight,,
how bad (if any) will that screw up the plant??

should i go back to putting it 12/12 tomorrow??
im thinking can i just put back on 24/0 and wait till proper flower room setup with timers so i dont forget again to take it out of light??

also ya i need to get nutes,,
hell theres alot i need to get,,lol,,
and learn,,
not gonna lie,, alot more to this growing thing than it looks,,
could not even imagine what be like without this site,,

Back
Top Bottom