Lurch's Grab Bag First Grow "The Restart"

oN FEB 20 will be 60 days from seed. The tallest is 8.5 in and the shortest is 6.
Until I hit this site I herd very little about BPN , and so many great things about A N,i went with it.
I plan on giving three or four different nute company s 4 or 5 grows each to see what will work .
I looking to use A N hobbyist level grow combo next. If I get it right and please the ganja gods, I might try the next kit up.
I will defiantly be trying out the BPN in the near future
This is the only grow I can " squeeze in before june.Then it is break down move set back up.this time I will use my auto cad to design then build right the first time . Now that I have a good place to find solid info about our "hobby". I love constructive criticizim (I know, I know bad spelling but spellchecker is stuped on this one)I am always open to info.
Any chance you know of any one who has built a led light from scratch? I found all the parts found in a sponsors $ 700 panel for $ 375. but can not find a tutorial with pics(yes i like reading instructions. as it turns out I save allot of money this way),I am sure I can do the work but finding instructions for a diy led light panel of quality seems impossible.
lol

HEHE! It's funny you mention AutoCAD. I'm designing a RWDC set-up for the second half of my flower box right now using it.

First and foremost you want to get the LED's in the right WAVELENGTH> You can't just go get red, blue, and white to make it work. 620nm-630nm Red, and 455-475nm blue are hard to get ahold of for much less than just buying the damn premade. Do some research on the exact wavelengths used for cannabis, and you'll see there is a reason those lights are that much. You might save a few bucks and cut corners here and there, but ultimately, and this is just my opinion, once I factored in the time, raw mats, and tertiary assembly materials needed, along with the etching of the boards, I was no further ahead than just ordering the lights from Advanced LED and saving myself the hastle. now, if you have the chemicals, and the PC board and solder just lying around collecting dust. . . . that MIGHT be a different story... maybe. You also have to think about cooling.

I used a 120 Watt LED UFO Grow Light, to revers engineer. Then a trip to radio shack to find out the correct name for the parts, and back to google to find thoes parts.
Only to find that buiding led system is not as hard any more.
I found leds pre wired with resistors, made in America) ready to pug into power drivers then power supply.
I was wondering if I could hang these around inside the plants kind of like christmas lights for the bigger bud sights?

I used a 120 Watt LED UFO Grow Light, to revers engineer. Then a trip to radio shack to find out the correct name for the parts, and back to google to find thoes parts.
Only to find that buiding led system is not as hard any more.
I found leds pre wired with resistors, made in America) ready to pug into power drivers then power supply.
I was wondering if I could hang these around inside the plants kind of like christmas lights for the bigger bud sights?

OOPS forgot to finish the thought
The hardest part is tuning in the drivers for equal power distribution .

Yeah... Christmas tree... I wouldn't advise it. Although LED's are supposed to create no heat, they in fact do. As do the wiring strips, and resisters. all that in contact with the plants, I'd be concerned.

On the other had, the experimentalist inside me would like to see it done, and the actual, instead of the theoretical results. You could try it with one that you cloned for the experiment to see how it goes. Just resign yourself to letting the plant go if things go south.

yeah for all the hastle, i decided to just buy an hps for 130 bones it only adds 20 bucks to my bill if i run it 18 hrs a day my guitar amp uses more power! lol, and i see led getting cheap in a few yrs, i researched building my own too lol

Why would you run it 18 hours a day? 12-1/GLR!

farm_0051.JPG

My first boy.I think. 6 weeks 5 days from seed.
The question is move from grow area let live,to use for hash or chop down now dry with fan leaves for low quallity oil.
Open to suggestion

farm_0051.JPG

My first boy.I think. 6 weeks 5 days from seed.
The question is move from grow area let live,to use for hash or chop down now dry with fan leaves for low quallity oil.
Open to suggestion

I'm very brutal to males, so I don't think you'd want my suggestion. Nevertheless, here it is: Compost.

or if you have been around the grow rooms, there is a lot of breeding programs going on now!!!
Its an option!!!

Now that I am here, and I have read your journal!!! BID has a review of BPN Farmer's Pride Organics, up in our BPN Army Blog!!! feel free to check it out, it is in my signature. We now have 30+ soldiers!!! I hope you will consider BPN when choosing your nutrient line up!!!

:peacetwo:

or if you have been around the grow rooms, there is a lot of breeding programs going on now!!!
Its an option!!!

Now that I am here, and I have read your journal!!! BID has a review of BPN Farmer's Pride Organics, up in our BPN Army Blog!!! feel free to check it out, it is in my signature. We now have 30+ soldiers!!! I hope you will consider BPN when choosing your nutrient line up!!!

hey broser my review is actually for the 2 part blue max w/liquid blue bloom booster, but my review for the farmers pride organics in coco hempy's the full 7 part lineup will be posted in a few weeks after the run is done, i say over n over bpn army for life baby!!!!
:thumb::thumb:
lurch buddy you may have guessed my opinion ...breed!!!! baby! breed!!!! nothing better than some free seeds to go along with your harvest! there are many good threads on the subject in the how to grow sections here on :420:
and i'll will help all i can just ask away!

hey broser my review is actually for the 2 part blue max w/liquid blue bloom booster, but my review for the farmers pride organics in coco hempy's the full 7 part lineup will be posted in a few weeks after the run is done, i say over n over bpn army for life baby!!!!
:thumb::thumb:
lurch buddy you may have guessed my opinion ...breed!!!! baby! breed!!!! nothing better than some free seeds to go along with your harvest! there are many good threads on the subject in the how to grow sections here on :420:
and i'll will help all i can just ask away!

a thousand apologies good sir!!! It is really starting to get hard to keep up with who has what!!! LOL!!! I guess I will just have to start keeping up the blog next to my screen!!! LOL!!!

Well Lurch!!! I have been using the Farmer's Pride Organics... Old and New formula!!! feel free to ask any questions for the Organics brotha!!! or like I already said, you can check out the Blog where there are many different grows and ways of growing!!!

Jack 1,2 and super vert , jack 1 is still growin, Jack 2 and super vert died when lamp fell lefft jack 1 burned
summer_11_036.JPG

the original grow shack,2 x5x, 6 t8 tube flor lights
summer_11_038.JPG

spent all day yesterday implementing new light dispersion array.......................errrrr redisign of grow space , may be possible to save more and lst will be abandoned as space is limited .
One of the Jerks showed male (carnage, pillage,mas destruction) leving 7 of can't remem original number.
Will post picks after "sunrise"

Back
Top Bottom