First time low budget

Re: first time low budget..

sometimes when they are that close they can burn a lil since of the foliar spray i keep mine 2inches away not to close but not too far im gonna be posting pics up here in a bit just takes a while with the whole pic thing

thanks for the advice fraggman,,

room is 3x3x5 roughly so like what 45 ft2
i cant really afford a big ventillation system,, so i am scared 400whps to hot,,
but either go
1.400w hps 50,000 lumens--- $250 ish (either order online credit card or 6 hour drive cash)
2. 12 42w cfl 2700k 31,200 lumens ----- $150 ish (bought locally cash))
3. two 150w hps sercurity lights 32,000 lumens ---- $160 ish (bought locally cash)

for some reason leaning towards two 150hps and supplement some cfls in there
oh ya i can get 175w mercury vapour lights for $35 ,, but they pretty much the same lumens as 70w hps and hear people say they no good for growing??

i hear ya on the pic thing,, just the resizing takes so long for me,,

and ya as for burning,, not yet hasnt that close,, but when i mist with water or water nutes like i just did,, i take out of room and put on kitchen table and give em good misting then let them sit there under kitchen lights for bout 1/2 hour till dry then give another light misting and back in closet under the cfls (1" to 2" approx.) with humidifier running and fan blowing fairly good on them,, like they are shaking in the wind ,,

no probs yet,, but ya 1/2" is starting to push it ,, gotta move lights up some here soon,,
im interested in seeing how yours are doing when you get the pics up here,,

i actually think maybe the fan to much on them and stunting growth a bit,, but they are kinda getting bushy,, no lower setting on fan either,, i bought it and meant to take back to get a weaker one ,, but ya i forgot,, so just using it in there for now till done flower room and use it in there,,

So how are the plants taking in the nutes, i like your misting schedule, i do it when they wake up( 8am )and i figured if i eat lunch around 1 they might as well eat too so i feed them again, foliar feed that is lol. cant wait to see how they are coming

well after a few days on nutes,, they seem to be a little better but still growing really slow,, the yellowing stopped tho,,

but now 2 of them are growing in a complete messed up tangled way,,
heres the worst of the tangled mangled ones,,,lol,,
should i just toss these mangled ones and focus more on the good looking ones??

rsz_picture_0351.jpg

and again here on the right side
rsz_picture_0371.jpg

and here is the other mangled tangled one not so bad tho,,
rsz_picture_0341.jpg

couple pics of the biggest one
rsz_picture_024.jpg

rsz_picture_025.jpg

rsz_picture_026.jpg

and some pics of the rest
rsz_picture_0281.jpg

rsz_picture_029.jpg

rsz_picture_0371.jpg

they are all on day 27 roughly from germination,,
im gonna take it as the soil is just no good and maybe the environment a little to dry,which is why growing slow,gonna go out tomorrow and try and find better soil and bigger pots and transplant,, also get thermometer and ph testing kit,, (which i obviously shoulda had since the start),, ;)

just a quick update as i am still desperately trying to find a better soil to transplant,, have been giving 1/4 strength nutes last two waterings,, it cleared up the yellow tips on the others now the big one showing it,,
watered yesterday without nutes,, see what happens,,
still think just adds up to crap soil,, they are now 29 days old and only 6 inches tall,,

waiting on 400w hps and building flower chamber,, will put them in there and veg under the 400w until 1 foot high if they speed up in there or else just gonna 12/12 when i cant wait any longer,, heh!

heres a couple pics of the big one starting to yellow a bit,,
i don't know how your supposed to count nodes,, but this one sure has alot of branches like maybe 9 sets of branches off stem and little ones inbetween kinda,,this one is 6.5 inches tall and is the tallest,, i do hope female,,and do hope when they get in better soil and under 400w they start to grow a little faster,,i thought i would be starting 12/12 tomorrow at 1 foot tall,, :(
rsz_picture_040.jpg

rsz_picture_043.jpg

pic of second from top branches
rsz_picture_045.jpg

should transplant into bigger pots to let the roots grow more, then that might help the plants grow a little better

other than that they are looking good considering the rough start

lookin good definately getting to big for those pots which is skunk1?:bongrip:

hey Rc51sport and southern ont,, thanks for popping in,,
ya i need to transplant,, but soil choices are slim right now,,
the skunk #1 is the biggest one in the red container,, the last one i took pics of,, but even the bag seed ones still look really sativa looking,,
i still have 4 skunk seeds left and 3 bag seeds left that i plan of germinating when i put these into 12/12,,

well got sick and tired of looking at that magled tangled messed up one,,
so i transplanted it to bigger pot with same crappy schultz soil,,
then i took some scissors and ran a flame over them a bit,,let them cool down,,
then i CHOPPED the top off that UGLY DEFORMED ABOMINATION of a plant,,:cheesygrinsmiley:
man after i topped it and got good look at it,, just a deformed mass of plant material stuck to the top nodes??,,
oh well whatever,, i don't care if lives or not just thought what the heck ill top it and see what happens,,

still waiting for stores to get some new soil in stock to transplant the others,,
today is last day of waiting if i go and still same soils,,just going to use the best (lowest shortest time nutes)i can find..or maybe try coca coir,,
building flower chamber and waiting on 400w hps,,
post more pics when i get plants transplanted and flower chamber built,,

definately some sativa in them plants your skunk1 looks a little different than mine could be from the 12/12 mine had alot of veg or it could be just a different pheno

well im not 100% sure its skunk #1,, ,, i just went and checked the little tube they came in it says SKS or SK5 im not sure which one or what they mean,, lol,, i thought it said SK1,,
i am not on 12/12 still in veg,,its been 30 days and only 6" tall,,gotta be bad soil,
but just picked up some PRO-MIX, i hope this is suitable,,
yhst-63803600799585_2047_1291007.jpg

woke up today to my best plant drooping really bad,,
im pretty scared,,lol,, i don't want it too die,,
haven't watered in a while cause was wanting to transplant first ,, so i hope that is all thats wrong,, i gave them a good watering and foilar spray,,so i hope they pick up,, looked so blah,, leaves just hanging,,
could this be from rootbound at all??
either way i just watered them all, so going to wait till tomorrow to transplant,,

i picked up all supplies needed for flower chamber
-lumber and screws and paint $60
-6" 250cfm inline fan $50
-bale of pro-mix $25
-4 two gallon pots $6 (i hope these will be big enough as will already be 3rd time transplanting,, might just use some 5 gal, bags instead)
- thermometer $4
- soil ph test kit $10
- flexible ducting $15

so thats like $170 and just found out made credit card number mistake when ordered light so gotta re-order it,,lol,, i think instead of going with cool tube hps for 320 shipped ,,am going to take chance on 400w hps without cool tube for 240 shipped to save some cash ,, im sure the 250 cfm fan should be able to keep the 30cubic feet of space cool without the cool tube,, well i hope so anyways,,if not deal with it then,,:cheesygrinsmiley:
i need this built fast cause girlfriend REALLY wants closet back,,lol,, plus i just put the thermomter in there and was almost 100 F,, yikes!!
man my posts are long,, sorry guys

i will try and remember to take pics as building it,, but is just basic box,,lol
man ,, i sure hope all this money and time will not go to waste,,
when all said and done will be like $500 invested,,
most likely should change the name of this journal,,lol,,
i remember about two months ago the girlfriend saw a bc northern lights producer for sale locally for $600 ,, and i was like no way i pay that i can build that for $200,,
hahaha,, boy was i wrong,, it came with everything too,, nutes, lights, ventilation, co2, rockwool, everything, was only used once,,,
F$%* ,, i shoulda bought it,, :(
but im not going to start on anything till tomorrow,,
i have been under some stress lately and just picked up an O of blueberry so i think im just going to chill out tonight, ;)

Yeah i know you start off slow with building stuff and such but then you slowly want to get more stuff or do it better and of course the low budget slowly increases to more money being spent lol

Back
Top Bottom