Klozit's AMS free seed grow (first grow)

klozit

This is my first grow, and my first journal... should be fun

I growing the seeds I got for free from AMS, it is a sativa indica cross of unknown percentages. I just got (3) sprouts yesterday and already can see the first leave set. I am using organic seed starter soil from a home improvement store combined with the amazing party cup pots. There are 2 23w 1600 lumen 6500K cfl's in there for now. Height and stealth are both an issue. So I am going start to finish with 12/12 light schedule. Im working with under 2 feet of height...

here is my box.

0324091602.jpg

pretty simple, gloss white chest. temp is a constant 80*F when the lights are on. There are holes on the top and bottom to have some circulation using the physics of convection currents (so nerdy).

I have named this strain "Mystery Snickerfritz" because I have no idea what I am going to get, but, any bud is more then what I have now!

spout shot! germinated 3/18, planted 3/20, 3/20, 3/21

0324091603.jpg

:thanks: Im sure I will have alot of questions and problems. Im getting a Ph tester sometime this week. stay tuned

Just my opinion but i think you should put the lights on top that way the plants get more light because it looks like they are only getting side light

i will put them closer, but temps are higher the closer they go... they get alot more light when the box is closed.

why 12/12 from start to finish? is that some kinda auto flowering stuff. or AMS from the Green house seed co?

i was thinking to cut out veg time.. i kinda want a fast turn around over yield. This will work right? it isnt autoflowering... i have lowryder seeds but i have lost 3 already because of sunburn (i think). so these are cfl only.

have a fan in there now. more air = more co2 = happier ladies + lower temps

i will put them closer, but temps are higher the closer they go... they get alot more light when the box is closed.

i was thinking to cut out veg time.. i kinda want a fast turn around over yield. This will work right? it isnt autoflowering... i have lowryder seeds but i have lost 3 already because of sunburn (i think). so these are cfl only.

have a fan in there now. more air = more co2 = happier ladies + lower temps

o really, well you should get a more expert opinion but i dont think i have heard that doin 12/12 thru out the grow will cut down on veg time. if your goin 12/12 now, how are you gonna trick them into flowering?

o really, well you should get a more expert opinion but i dont think i have heard that doin 12/12 thru out the grow will cut down on veg time. if your goin 12/12 now, how are you gonna trick them into flowering?

it has definatly been done before. It isnt a matter of "tricking them", when they go through the dark cycle hormones build up, when these hormones reach a certain level it flowers.

they are under the lights now. we will see tonight if it makes a difference.

it has definatly been done before. It isnt a matter of "tricking them", when they go through the dark cycle hormones build up, when these hormones reach a certain level it flowers.

they are under the lights now. we will see tonight if it makes a difference.

oh ok, i thought when the seasons change the daylight hours get shorter thus far telling the plant to get ready for the winter. i learn somthing new everyday on this fourm so im not suprised. good luck with the grow i will stay tuned.:popcorn:

What is in ferts like MG all purpose fert + weed preventer to make it prevent weeds? how can a chemical decide if it is effecting a root of a wanted, or unwanted plant?

i found it in my house... that and a flower bloom fert.

mg is 10-10-10 and the bloom shit is something like 18-26-12 or 12-26-18 cant remember (may have to not spend money on ferts and be able to get a ph tester, i need one of those for ferts either way.)

What is in ferts like MG all purpose fert + weed preventer to make it prevent weeds? how can a chemical decide if it is effecting a root of a wanted, or unwanted plant?

good question, you should start a new thread on this question.

I would not use anything that "prevents weed" on my weed. Yo should not needs ferts for a while so I would go with the PH tester. As for not having enough money, I am in a similar boat, cant scrounge anything up for new pots to plant my new babies.

Just my opinion but if i were you i would keep them on 18/6 for about a month and then switch to 12/12 after a month that way you can give it enough veg time then trick it, im not an expert or anything but just stating my opinion

i thought about doing it, but i want small plants and get fast bud, im hoping in like 10 weeks

in 2 or 3 weeks when i start nutes i will put one 2700K 23w cfl in with the 2 6500k 23w cfl's for a while and then after sex is shown my actions will depend on what i get. but i will add 2 more 2700k cfl and remove a 6500k leaving 4 lights equaling 6400 lumens. Is that enough light? my box is less than 12 square feet

if i get 2 girls and a male, i will keep the male and female in the box (seeds for the future) and the other female will go outside.

if i get 3 girls, i will celebrate and probably 1, or 2 will go outside.

1 girl and 2 guys, i will ditch the 2 and just have the single lady

3 guys, and i will give up forever

I am doing a 12/12 grow from seed also, mine are about a week behind yours. I have 4 plants under a 400mh/hps and I want the buds as fast as possible.

im going to give them one to 2 weeks veg and then flower.. i am gaining patience.

2 weeks will pay off if i get any girls. and growth will be faster if i have it on an 18/6 cycle. bigger pots, a ph tester and maybe screen will be bought... could i grow the plants sideways towards the one end of the box? that would make size not a problem. i could just have 2 square pots (assuming one is male) at the other end and slide the plant farther back as the lights needed adjusted.

would that make for more bud as well because there is no main cola as the main stem is sideways?

Back
Top Bottom