First time poster, first time grower

Spamezzay

420 Member
Hey guys how’s it going. New to this site and trying find some like minded ppl in a close minded world.

This is my first set of plants i got growing. Well 2nd set but the first one I split down the stalk while tieing down a branch and it never recovered. So lesson learned.

This time i got one- amnesia and one- sour diesel; in 2 gallon fabric pots. both started from seeds from reputable seed banks atleast that’s what they told me lol. Got them living in a 2x2 tent with a p300 led light and 400cfm exhaust fan. I live on Maui so some days is a little hotter, but I just run ac during the mid-day and usually run the lights at night.

Over all they been growing nice and good. No problems.

Now I’m 3 weeks into flower and my plants are sucking up water every 2 days which is not a problem. But it developed a hard brownish spots on only certain fan leaves and not other leaves, while they also curling down.

From what I read, should be over-feeding maybe, or maybe too close to light for a day or now???
BA25E5F3-E3BC-482A-9D97-0E3D7E09B86C.jpeg

Thanks for any advice or thoughts guys... I just hate to see them this way you know.
The pots actually hold water for atleast 2 days. Anymore and it’s a desert.. a lesson learned last time too.
Here’s some more pics

Attachments

• EEEDA0C7-F71C-4E65-86B5-C12BB7A55BC5.jpeg
    EEEDA0C7-F71C-4E65-86B5-C12BB7A55BC5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • F068C99B-F388-4BEA-92E8-588F53D63456.jpeg
    F068C99B-F388-4BEA-92E8-588F53D63456.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 5ECDB3C4-4880-487E-B64E-B0062043AF05.jpeg
    5ECDB3C4-4880-487E-B64E-B0062043AF05.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
You got lucky.
Staggering into this forum.
Centuries of experience, willing and helpful people.

Save the link.

But, about your plant(s):
Hard to tell; some kind of stress.
Get a Ph pen and learn how and why to use it. Get a good one, like BlueLabs - cheap ones don't work.
Get a PPM pen and learn how and why to use it. Get a cheap one - they work just as well as the expensive ones.

I think your problem is Ph related. Your girls are not taking up the trace elements they need, and Ph can cause that.
Don't water too much. Let them get dryish once in a while. Skip a day of feed/water and once a week water only ... no feed. Don't flush, just give her plain Ph'd water once a week.
Learn something new on each grow. What should you learn on this one? Two gallon pots are too small. I would go a MINIMUM of five gallons. In fact, now that I think about it ... that may be your problem. And, in that case do NOT do the skip water one day once a week model for this run.
Also (I keep thinking of more, lol) next time you shop for seeds, consider one that is noted 'easy to grow'. Start by walking ...

The joy is in the journey, and the journey is just beginning.
Enjoy the ride.

:welcome: @Spamezzay We all have had our share of mistakes and learned from them. Every grow you only get better so don't be disapointed.

What kind of potting mix and nutrients are you using?
although ph and ppm pens are good to have, i never check my ph for soil. (i'll get into this once i know your soil)
in my signature there is a link to plant abuse chart. take a moment to read that and find the picture that matches your situation.

we can diagnose this and get her healthy again, but we need more info

I use a 3:1 ratio of Fox farms OF and perlite and fox farms liquid nutes.
I got these plants on a 12/12 light schedule; I feed water them about every 2 days, once a day if it's been hotter. I was feeding them with liquid nutes twice a week.

I check the pH before watering and feeding. Watering PH is usually 6.3-6.5. The EC function last read before the leaves started showing any signs of stress that I noticed. Last reading was pH of run off was ranging 6.5-6.8 and EC between 120 and 200. And I just realized during this problem that the EC reads in us/cm but I'm following a feeding schedule that measures at ms/cm. So I'm pretty sure my nute levels was waaaaaaaaay low.

Idk if this matters but I was averaging a bottle of fox farms grow big @ 1 bottle every 2-3 month.

:welcome: @Spamezzay We all have had our share of mistakes and learned from them. Every grow you only get better so don't be disapointed.

What kind of potting mix and nutrients are you using?
although ph and ppm pens are good to have, i never check my ph for soil. (i'll get into this once i know your soil)
in my signature there is a link to plant abuse chart. take a moment to read that and find the picture that matches your situation.

we can diagnose this and get her healthy again, but we need more info

I use a 3:1 ratio of Fox farms OF and perlite and fox farms liquid nutes.
I got these plants on a 12/12 light schedule; I feed water them about every 2 days, once a day if it's been hotter. I was feeding them with liquid nutes twice a week.

I check the pH before watering and feeding. Watering PH is usually 6.3-6.5. The EC function last read before the leaves started showing any signs of stress that I noticed. Last reading was pH of run off was ranging 6.5-6.8 and EC between 120 and 200. And I just realized during this problem that the EC reads in us/cm but I'm following a feeding schedule that measures at ms/cm. So I'm pretty sure my nute levels was waaaaaaaaay low.

Idk if this matters but I was averaging a bottle of fox farms grow big @ 1 bottle every 2-3 month.
That is good info!!

I don't use ffof or ff nutri but @JimJonesJr uses the nutri and perhaphs he can give you some pointers.
i figured you didn't have a ph issue. however, since you've done a run off, do you know what the ppm are?
In few days check the soil moister and feed it again. I would reduce the ec by .5
im not 100% but i think its a nitrogin toxicity

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Hey Spam,

Welcome to the forum here at 420 magazine.

somethings can be compromised on, going low budget with landscape fabric instead of garden pots or store bought grow bags is totally cool.... but the small amount of soil is not. Yes in soil grows - the size of the container matters greatly. Agree with Auggie- Since you are just 3 weeks in flower then up-pot right away to 5 gallons soil. Clawing = nitrogen or wind burn maybe.

Are you using a cal-mag product?

Since your tent is small you would probably yield more by growing 1 well trained monster plant instead of trying for multiple plants, so maybe next time grow 1 monster while you are grooming another plant to be it’s replacement. If you keep them about 6 to 8 weeks apart you can roll with a perpetually garden given the space that you have. A manifold or quad line plant will fill up your tent but leave enough room for its smaller sister to grow.

Your garden looks really nice, we will get you tuned up a bit soon but stellar job so far!! Kudos man

Tip burn suggests over feeding. Dark green, glossy and droopy leaves might be a slight nitrogen toxicity. The damaged leaves made me think at first that the lights got too close, but could also be some additional nutrient overload. If it doesn't spread, then it's probably light burn.

i just started giving them some cal/mag bc I noticed a slight darkness around edges of some leaves. I try to treat em like by tomato’s just b

I thought about re-potting but wasn’t sure if I could right now since the amnesia is starting to bud up already.

Hey Spam,

Welcome to the forum here at 420 magazine.

somethings can be compromised on, going low budget with landscape fabric instead of garden pots or store bought grow bags is totally cool.... but the small amount of soil is not. Yes in soil grows - the size of the container matters greatly. Agree with Auggie- Since you are just 3 weeks in flower then up-pot right away to 5 gallons soil. Clawing = nitrogen or wind burn maybe.

Are you using a cal-mag product?

Since your tent is small you would probably yield more by growing 1 well trained monster plant instead of trying for multiple plants, so maybe next time grow 1 monster while you are grooming another plant to be it’s replacement. If you keep them about 6 to 8 weeks apart you can roll with a perpetually garden given the space that you have. A manifold or quad line plant will fill up your tent but leave enough room for its smaller sister to grow.

Your garden looks really nice, we will get you tuned up a bit soon but stellar job so far!! Kudos man

The top leaf is showing clawing downwards... it looks to be a nitrogen toxicity and the brown spots are usually a cal/mag issue or lockout. The old style LED's that look purple can really suck up the Cal/Mag. I would worry about the nitrogen problem first, the Cal/Mag can be corrected. I'm confused, did you say these are 3 weeks into bloom?

I thought about re-potting but wasn’t sure if I could right now since the amnesia is starting to bud up already.

Hard decision, but I think up-potting now would do more good than harm. Later into flower the lack of space could really limit their potential.

The top leaf is showing clawing downwards... it looks to be a nitrogen toxicity and the brown spots are usually a cal/mag issue or lockout. The old style LED's that look purple can really suck up the Cal/Mag. I would worry about the nitrogen problem first, the Cal/Mag can be corrected. I'm confused, did you say these are 3 weeks into bloom?

Yeah it’s at 3 weeks today. I’m running a non-sponsor 300W in a 2x2x5 tent and then I have a mars hydro ts300 in a 2x2x2 tent that I use to veg.
Should I swap the lights in the tents and use the mars hydro in the flowering tent?

I see a TS600 which has good specs, but low on power for bloom, shows 1.5x1.5 coverage. I don't know much about the p300. but I'm sure it puts out more than 90-100 actual watts.

Back
Top Bottom