First Timer - Hoping for Big Things to Happen - 400 HPS White Rhino

One more

DSC004554.JPG

Looking good green trees. Whats in that Protogrow. Have you added anything else besides Mycorrhizae? Ive just added some of that, never used it before.

Hey JBC. Protogrow is a very concentrated mix of seaweed and fish emulsion. I just gave them a dose. It looks and smells awful but plants seem to love it. Mycorrhizae is the only thing that I've added to the soil because it was suggested and everything looks pretty healthy. I just fimmed the plants as well. I hope I cut in the right place. I can't get pics to upload right now for some reason but I'll post when I can.

Hey guys,

Sorry that I have been away for a while but I had to leave town for a few days and I have been playing catch-up since. Things are starting to look a lot better and greener. @Korloin and Acorn- Thanks for all of the good advice. You guys Rock! :bravo: I have transplanted 3 of them into 3 gallon pots and the other 2 into something bigger than what they were in but will transplant one more time in the near future to something bigger. I mixed in a little bit of mycorrhizae in with the new soil. I also added the DIY CO2 generator and a humidifier to raise up the humidity. It has been staying around 35% during the day which is a lot better than the 16% it was before. So 70% is where I want it to be, huh? I went ahead and ordered a fogger from ebay today so hope that will do it. I also got a 1000 Watt ballast and a MH and HPS bulb but they are still sitting in the boxes. I don't know if I should change now or wait till the next garden to give those bad boys a shot. Will it really make that big of a difference in the yield this far along. They are 4 weeks in vegging under the 400 hps and prob about 5-6 inches tall. Even the little runt is starting to take off. :high-five: The runt's leaves are in set of 3 so I don't know if that means anything but she looks a lot better than before. I am still only using Protogrow for the nutes and I have foliar sprayed them twice. I'm not really sure on how often I should do that but I will probably hit them again in the next few days. I figured that I would want them to be at least a foot to a foot and half tall before I put them into flower. I also want to top or fim soon. Is one really better than the other? I guess they are ready for that but it's hard to do when they are just now starting to look so good. I don't know anything about cloning but I might give that a try also if I top them. Even this small, they look so pretty. I will probably start lsting them this week as well. Well, I'll post some pics here shortly. Once again guys, thanks for all your help. This is a fun learning experience. :peace:

I'd throw that 1k lamp on when you flip for sure! I't would make a difference in veg too.

Optimal humidity is somewhere between 40% and 70% I believe. Higher in veg and lower in bloom (to help prevent mold and bud rot). My best growth in veg has been @ 65%, so I shoot for that. Also, when your gals get a lil' bigger, they'll contribute to the humidity by respiration as well. IDK if the fogger is necessary when using a humidifier. I had one lying about and it's the same thing most humidifiers use to vaporize the water. It just uses less power than the units I've checked out. Less power = le$$ :) But, there is another use for it once you get your RH up and start looking more into cloning! I just made a little 4site cloner bucket for some cuttings I just took. I dropper the fogger inside to create a little aeroponic action. :) I'll have to keep an eye on water temps more after they root (I may just put them in a multi-site DWC tub for vegging. Thinking perpetual soon anyway), but for cloning I think the warmer wet air will be more advantageous. :thumb:

Just fimmed. Hope I didn't screw it up.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

FIM = Fuck I Missed!

:)

so you didn't.

Looking good!

K

That certainly is a promising group of young ladies and They really are looking healthy. :thumb:
Well done for concentrating on balancing the environment.

I guess thats the deciding factor in whether you use the 1000 watters ;) If I could keep things cool enough I'd bring it on, but not until they had developed a few good new shoots. Which by the way, shouldn't take long after you've topped them.
I'd start them on a light feeding schedule soon tho and add root stimulant, my thoughts are I like to bank some nutes before topping and with the Mycorrhizae, they should love it. Just build up slow;)
Advice I read on here along time ago was to foliar spray really light mix an hr or so before cutting. I'm sure some quick searches will lead you to your own decision. I have good results with a very basic propagator in ph'd rockwool using rooting gel, under 2 25w blue cfls. $65 or so.
Again for me it's all about cleanliness. Sterilize everything.
Peace

Hey guys,

So a lot has happened in the last 5 days. I made a few adjustments and now my humidity is staying around 65% with the lights on and the temp staying around 81-84 degrees. The plants LOVE it! Before, I was leaving the door of the tent open with an oscilating fan on but now I just keep a clip on fan in there with the door slightly cracked at the bottom. They have plumped up and have turned into a nice shade of green. They are also starting to smell really nice. Fimming was a bad idea. I'm pretty sure I missed. F#@k!!!! I think it just shocked them a bit and slowed the verticle growth. Oh well, next time I'll probably just try topping them (looks easier) Today, I hit them with a little bit of LST'ing and gave them a bit of pruning to expose some of the lower areas. I'm about 5 weeks into vegging and will prob switch to flower time in about 2 more. I've got one plant who looks like the queen and the runt is filling up nicely. I have a 1000K MH and HPS still in the boxes. I might just switch to the 1000K HPS when I go 12/12. Still not sure if I should just finish with the 400 to see what I get out of it for experimental reasons. I'm definitely gonna do my next garden 100% 1000K. Korloin, that's a good idea with the fogger and cloning. I could see that working really well. Acorn, thanks for the props on my ladies. Your girls are looking like super models. For some reason, I can't keep my CO2 generator in check. I've redone it with yeast and sugar 4 times now. It always starts off strong and I keep eye on it for the first day. When it starts to get too foamy, I'll tap it on the ground a few times to calm it down. Everything seems fine but the next morning the yeast and sugar mix are always up in the tube and everything is clogged and it no longer works. Is there a simple solution? I like it being in there and it's nice to see it when it's working. Thanks and much love

So things have been busy the last few weeks and I have made some changes. I got a bigger home for the girls (4x8) and I put up the big boy light (1000k MH 3 days ago) I also added an inline fan and filter because things were starting to smell a bit herby. Of course to help with the temp too. The temp has been staying around 80 and the RH has been staying anywhere between 50% and 70%. The girls are in heaven right now and taking off like beasts. I have also been LSTing the hell out of them and it doesn't seem to bother them a bit. Lots of little nodes popping up everywhere. I'm assuming that these will turn into buds when the lights are cut back. I'm still only using protogrow for nutes and it seems to be working great. Right now, they are in 3 gallon pots but I might move up to 5 when lights go back prob in a week or so. I am on day 50 of vegg and I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna wait. Im prob gonna try to scrog these girls as well. One plant seems to look different from the others with long skinny leaves while the rest have shorter, fatter leaves. I'm wondering if I got a mystery seed. I kinda hope so just to get a surprise. Anyways, things seem to be looking good right now. If anyone has any advice to do something different, I'm happy to listen. Thanks! :peace:

So does anyone know if these will be ok to leave in 3 gallon pots? I want to cut the lights back soon and will prob try to scrog. I just didn't want mess with them too much because I have them LSTed a lot in the pots they are in now. I am going for max yield so any opinions would be welcome. I am about 7.5 weeks in to vegg.

I'm subbed ! The girls have turned into ladies. Dont forget alittle molasses for the critters (living soil). How did your roots look when transplanted? I bet you have nice root structure.:peace:

Thanks 420kwats. How do I add molasses? Do I just put some directly on the soil or do I mix it with water and give it to them? Is this something I do when I cut the lights back or do you add it during vegg? I've also read somewhere that some people will turn the lights off for 24-36 hours before going 12/12. Is there any real benefit to doing this? Thanks

Molasses are put into a cup at a ratio of 1tsp per gallon (VEG) 1Tbsp per gallon (Flower). Put it in the cup and use hot water to mix it into the cup. Then put his into you gallon of water. I use a n air stone to airate and mix my gallon mix which I make into a compost tea to get the feed teaming with microbes! It takes over 24hrs to get to its potential and can be mixed maybe as long as a week. I do 48hr's. Then feed to you plant. I have the recipe in my journal 1st page, may help you out.

I know some force flowering by giving 24hr light, its up to you whether or not you try this but most will just go from 18/6 or GLR straight to 12/12 to keep stress to a minimum. Giving 24hr light will stress the plant to thinking its going to die so it will form its flowers as quick as possible as one last attempt to reproduce before winter comes. They will still take the same 8-12 week to flower but will start it sooner , maybe.

There's the info , hope it helps. It obviously up to you how you choose to do it from there.

Thanks JBC, I'll probably give that a try with the molassas. What do you think about 3 gallon pots for a scrog? Should I bump them up to 5 or do you think that 3 will be ok? I don't want them to get root bound. That just sounds bad.

Back
Top Bottom