400 Watt MH/HPS Mazar & Northern Lights

Thanks for the info, ill be checking in on your grow to see your beautiful plants and to know what my beauty will look like.

As far as more nutes, I'm looking for something I might be missing during the last weeks of veg or into flowering.

Well today is sad. I open the tent and my mh just goes out. I tested my ballast with a different bulb and it worked, so now I'm stuck using my hps to veg till I can get another bulb.

253Chiefin said:
hey too bad about that MH going out but dont sweat it. ive seen GREAT results from plants that were vegged under HPS so dont feel too disapointed your plants will still grow just fine. i wonder what happened to that bulb did u buy it used?

Nope brand new. I got pictures I will post up later. I used that time to set up my carbon filter through my lights and out into another room. So not all bad.

Ok two weeks out since these babies sprouted and they are looking great. I just FIMmed them or topped them, couldn't tell how much I left. For a first try I think it went right but only time will tell. I also got around to hooking up my phat filter and its working great. I fee more established Now.

Here is the bulb, looks like it blew out at the bottom
CameraZOOM-20120304240813258.jpg

NL
CameraZOOM-20120304240917791.jpg

Mazar
CameraZOOM-20120304240944935.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120304022317157.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120304022302080.jpg

So far besides my MH blowing out things seem to be going ok, I just upped my nutes a bit so I will be watching for that. One question I had is when should I transplant into my 3 gallon pot? I've never had a clue on how to judge the right time.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hey BlazinThat, Looks like your right on track! With a great setup at that!
I've always vegged under my 400W HPS, they love it!
Looks like your pots will be fine for a while, no need to re-pot just yet.

Recently back on the 420Forums, and will be keeping an eye on your Journal, keep the updates coming :]

:peace:

:popcorn:

Just wanted to sub quick - I'm more of a hydro guy, so not sure on your 'when to transplant' question. Ill let someone more qualified weigh in on that one. I like your strains and setup. I've not grown either, but have grown multiple plants with NL or Mazar parents. 2 classics you've got there! :thumb:

Have you considered or is there a way to get your filter up top to give you more space down low? I like to have my cool intake down low, and filter up high opposite corner. Cool air is pulled through the tent, across the plant(s) to the filter and out. This has just been what's worked best for me in terms of keeping cool and maximizing grow space. Not meaning to be critical of your setup - just wanted to give you food for thought.

+ rep for your good start so far, and for luck going forward. :goodluck:

Oh, one other thought - if you still have the DIY box you made, I much prefer early vegging with fluorescents over MH. It took me a while to figure that one out, but a lot of people prefer early veg with flouros -- they work really well, and aren't as harsh to young seedlings. Would also help you get something started while you are waiting for flowering plants to finish... Otherwise, HPS works just fine for veg, too. Keep rockin' it, you are doing great.

your plants look great so far. the mazar has those real fat leaves they look good. yea transplanting is a good question and an important one to know. i just looked up and read a few different peoples opinions and i read some people transplant from 1 gallon to 3 gallon between 2-3 weeks after sprouting and transplant to 5 gallons 2-3 weeks after that.

most people i read were doing it 2-3 weeks after so i'd say that sounds about right i'd say

Xlr8 said:
:popcorn:

Just wanted to sub quick - I'm more of a hydro guy, so not sure on your 'when to transplant' question. Ill let someone more qualified weigh in on that one. I like your strains and setup. I've not grown either, but have grown multiple plants with NL or Mazar parents. 2 classics you've got there! :thumb:

Have you considered or is there a way to get your filter up top to give you more space down low? I like to have my cool intake down low, and filter up high opposite corner. Cool air is pulled through the tent, across the plant(s) to the filter and out. This has just been what's worked best for me in terms of keeping cool and maximizing grow space. Not meaning to be critical of your setup - just wanted to give you food for thought.

+ rep for your good start so far, and for luck going forward. :goodluck:

Oh, one other thought - if you still have the DIY box you made, I much prefer early vegging with fluorescents over MH. It took me a while to figure that one out, but a lot of people prefer early veg with flouros -- they work really well, and aren't as harsh to young seedlings. Would also help you get something started while you are waiting for flowering plants to finish... Otherwise, HPS works just fine for veg, too. Keep rockin' it, you are doing great.

Hey bro thanks for stopping by! I have tried my filter up top but it doesn't help with heat. I do have a 6in inline that brings fresh air in and blows across the plants and then gets sucked up from the back side, best I can do till construction in all the other rooms are done. The tent room is barely open, stays a little warmer then needed.

I also think it would be worth it to use floro's for vegging. I'm going to buy a t5 system when I get some more cash. Till then I'm going to redo my cfl setup for now.

253Chiefin said:
your plants look great so far. the mazar has those real fat leaves they look good. yea transplanting is a good question and an important one to know. i just looked up and read a few different peoples opinions and i read some people transplant from 1 gallon to 3 gallon between 2-3 weeks after sprouting and transplant to 5 gallons 2-3 weeks after that.

most people i read were doing it 2-3 weeks after so i'd say that sounds about right i'd say

Thanks for that info, that will get done this weekend. You rock dude!

Its funny you say that cause I've never heard of soaking till I looked it up on here. I will try my next ones without soaking and see if I notice a difference.

I soaked my 12 Skunk x Hash Plant seeds for about an hour, then doubled up my Bounty paper towel and put them in the center , I folded the towel long ways and then cross ways so i had a square... drenched it with WARM/Hot water and stuck them under my Electric Blanket and it was just a day that some popped, ending with 10 of 12 popping just fine !

So far besides my MH blowing out things seem to be going ok, I just upped my nutes a bit so I will be watching for that. One question I had is when should I transplant into my 3 gallon pot? I've never had a clue on how to judge the right time.

Thanks for stopping by.

As soon as the plant has a established a solid root base you should be able to transplant. Id say with in the next week. just dont top it right before or right after the transplant so it will have less shock to deal with.

Also did you buy the bulb at a hydro store? there should be a warranty on it or something if its brand new

I also think it would be worth it to use floro's for vegging. I'm going to buy a t5 system when I get some more cash. Till then I'm going to redo my cfl setup for now.

Yes i think it would be worth it to use Florescent to veg. With florescent it seems like it takes a little longer, but your saving on electrical cost and your temps stay down!

Good to know bike, I Fimmed last week so I think I will transplant this week so I can Fim more before 12/12.

I bought the bulb on eBay from complete garden supply in Cali, I've emailed them and messaged em on ebay and no response :/

Good news, they finally got back to me on my bulb. I can either send it back and get a new bulb or my money back. I'm going to take the refund so I can buy some BPN for my next grow, score!

ilikebike said:
Love it when things like that work out! what product line of BPN are you thinking about?

Ummm... the three part. I think thats what your asking. I really want to get into hydro but I need a few soil grows under my belt first along with some hempys.

ilikebike said:
BlazinThat, i am using the BPN 3 part elite, you wont be disappointing! And i hear you on getting a few grows under your belt, ive done 2 soil and i want to move on to hempy now

Yeah I'm diving into it head first and fast, but after seeing 420fied and mark green and the others I can't remember atm it makes sense. So easy, with fast beautiful growth.

I'm thinking of using 3L instead of 2's because its from seed and not a clone. Slowly prep in now, just received my auto AK's n NYCD.

Back
Top Bottom