400 Watt MH/HPS Mazar & Northern Lights

BudTester420

Hey Everyone!!!!

So this is my second grow, but my first with my Secret Jardin Dark Pro II. All feedback is welcome!

My Setup:
3x3x6 Dark Pro II
400 Watt Dimable Digital Balast
400 Watt MH/HPS
Full Line Of Fox Farm Nutes
5 Mazar and 10 Northern Light Seeds
I have a 6" can and inline fan along with a phat filter ( Carbon Filter Still Needs to be Hung)

[NL]
CameraZOOM-20120224230626326.jpg

Mazar
CameraZOOM-20120224230641945.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120224230703116.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120224231434871.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120224231442034.jpg

So my seedlings are 1 week old, and were just put onder the MH about 8 hours ago. I started with 4 germinated seeds but only 2 took so I will be starting more asap to make sure i can get atleast 3 females (hope). They just got there first dose of Big Bloom at half the recomended value.

My temps started out at 81 degree's with 35% RH, I wasnt happy with that so I took the humidity dome and sprayed it down and now my temps are at 75 degree's with about 55% humidity. Is this fine for now? I dont see why not, but i dont want any mold issues. I placed a fan on the back side to blow new air up into the dome.

More to come in the next few days!!!:allgood::allgood:

COgrow said:
Looking good man. Not sure how good the dome will do because it isn't quite sealed, but I'd say it's better than not having something over it. Temps and RH look good, that's what everyone recommended for me. At least a 55 percent RH and 75-78 degrees F.

Yeah I don't think it will matter either but better safe then sorry. But without it I couldnt move my lights closer so I'm glad its working.

Hey good luck on your grow! I'm currently in the process of nursing my sick northern lights seedling. I'm definitely going to grow another though.
Also just throwing this out there I wouldn't be to concerned about humidity levels. Even though their seedlings I found out she didn't really need it. I'll definitely be keeping up with your journal, I haven't seen many growers doing northern lights so I want to follow your grow till the end. :thumb:

PrincessPot said:
Hey good luck on your grow! I'm currently in the process of nursing my sick northern lights seedling. I'm definitely going to grow another though.
Also just throwing this out there I wouldn't be to concerned about humidity levels. Even though their seedlings I found out she didn't really need it. I'll definitely be keeping up with your journal, I haven't seen many growers doing northern lights so I want to follow your grow till the end. :thumb:

Thanks for the love. Yeah idk what is about these seeds but they are hard to even germinate. I'm 1 for 4 on NL seeds right now. I might have to make a mother plant If I want to keep going.

PrincessPot said:
Where did you get your seeds from? Mine popped in about 24 hours or so.

From a seed bank in the Netherlands (marijuanaseeds.nl I believe) my first two popped in 8 hours after spending 6 hours in water. But only 1 actually grew, the other the tap root separated from the seed and died. I'm using same technique for my other 2 but neither has germinated.

PrincessPot said:
Have you tried the paper towel method? thats what i used. As for the bad seeds, i got mine from nirvana and to be honest id recommend them in a heartbeat(under the sponsors page)

Yep, that's what I'm doing. Soaking to weaken the shells, then they go into a small container with moist paper towels. I got the container on my fridge to gain heat.

Yeah I seen you got 15 free seeds from them instead of the 5 I got. They will be my next choice.

PrincessPot said:
I wouldn't recommend the soaking. It seems like it helps and I don't know much but I was going to use the pre-soaking and then i read it wasn't good to use soaking. Not sure if its cause of too much water or what. ill try to find the link for you if you wanna read up on it yourself.

Its funny you say that cause I've never heard of soaking till I looked it up on here. I will try my next ones without soaking and see if I notice a difference.

253chiefin said:
those mazar i hear is some good stuff i keep reading about it from time to time and hear good things. nice lineup man i hope you get more of these things popped. good luck and good job so far

Thanks bro. 2 more have tap roots, hopefully they take.

So my lights are about 24" from my seedlings and my temp is 77.5 with 50% RH. With a 400 Watt MH should I move closer to stop stretch or keep where it is so I don't burn the little girls?

BlazinThat said:
So my lights are about 24" from my seedlings and my temp is 77.5 with 50% RH. With a 400 Watt MH should I move closer to stop stretch or keep where it is so I don't burn the little girls?

I answered my own question after 12 hours. The heat rose to much, working on redoing my intake and exhaust.

So here is a 3 day update. Nothing to big, both babies look great. I also got two more seeds with tap roots in solo cups, just waiting for them to pop.

I'm using all the fox farm nutes, is there any other things I could add to help out?

CameraZOOM-20120227163228648.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120227163312766.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120227163239607.jpg

Just time. The seedling stage is INCREDIBLY boring. I know they have stuff to help strengthen roots and speed the process up but with them being so small you dont wanna drown them in food. You dont wanna give them too much or too little. They look super healthy and happy! :thumb: I'm gonna be using BPN for my current grow maybe you should check them out?

i thought the seeds have all the food in supplies stored in itself for first 3 weeks or month even.thats what i read in at least one of so called bibles
im hold my fingers crossed for your plants
im growin mazar also,2nd week of flower,preflowers showing already,i bought seedlings of feminised seeds so i save myself a little grow time(first month) and thats fanatastic cause its boring to watch them grow for the first month even

my first grow completed,journal almost:
Aiob 1st Cabinet Indoor Soil Grow - Sensi Star - Chronic - ST#4

and the 2nd in progress,im organising it soon:
Aiob420's 2nd Organic Soil Closet Grow - 400HPS -7 Strains

Back
Top Bottom