400 Watt MH/HPS Mazar & Northern Lights

So I went to check on my babies today and they were super root bound, you could see it in the leafs themselves. I transplanted them into 3 gal pots.

They had light burning from a kind of big dose of nutes the other day but other then that they look huge and green.

Will post pictures later.

looking forward to ur pic updates man. too bad about them gettin root bound but that means their growing quick so its sounds good from here. i'm getting some BPN in the mail right now. i've heard nothing but good things about it so i'm excited about getting it. i'll be testing it next grow after i finish this run im having with advanced nutes.

Well about those photos... I was changing roms on my phone and deleted the pictures when I partitioned my SD. Most people wouldn't have a issue and would go take more, but my tent is 15 miles away and with family and life I only see it once a week (thanks Work) till the end of the month. Its being looked after by a friend who I'm teaching what I learn. FML.

You will notice the leafs towards the top start looking like lettuce. Get kinda wrinkled like and the new growth kinda looked deformed.

The northern lights measured 14 inch tall and the mazar was 9 or 10. Two of the fan leafs on the nl are bigger then my hand :0 There looking good. Hopefully pictures by Monday.

Quick picture time
CameraZOOM-20120312172056647.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120312172112508.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120312172420068.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120312172124801.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120312172428705.jpg

Top is NL, new growth doesn't look good

Bottom is Mazaar
more updates later.

So I found out that I can't get superthrive in my state so that's kills my buzz.

But on a good note I was able to FIM all my new growth on my NL and because my Mazaar is so small and bushy I left it. Both plants are showing cylax development so hopefully I get some females soon.

I think I'm going to top my NL before I flip my lights to 12/12, what's your opinion?

i suggest that you give the plant a week to recover from the TOPPING before you change the lights to 12/12

Also your plants look a little sad and week

Almost looks like they are dehydrated. I know with COCO you need to water more often and flush every 3rd or 4th feeding.

Id try tweaking some different things to see if you can make they happier!

Everything looks good to me, a little droopy but nothing to bad. Just give a good flush and a little time. I would wait too on the 12/12 to let the plant recover, wait until the new tops start growing a little. Nice Plants. :goodluck:

Sorry guys I was just generally speaking, I still don't know the sex and I have a seedling that took late so I want to get a few nodes on it before I flip lights.

Everything looks good to me, a little droopy but nothing to bad. Just give a good flush and a little time. I would wait too on the 12/12 to let the plant recover, wait until the new tops start growing a little. Nice Plants. :goodluck:

Yeah I looked into that and it appears they were drinking more then I thought under that 400 Watt GPS. I gave them a drink of nute water and some reg water for a nice drink. They look a lot better full update coming soon.

DSC004965.JPG

DSC004875.JPG

DSC004886.JPG

DSC004942.JPG

DSC004904.JPG

DSC004972.JPG

DSC005034.JPG

Alrighty THEN! So after getting on my dehydration problem (thanks BIKE) corrected and letting these babies get a good deep drink they look alot better. They stand up better look greener and more healthy. The first two pictures are just a overhead of the whole area and a general look, then the next 2 are Mazaar. Its short and bushy, and its fan leafs are bigger then my hand! Its really amazing to see, i figured with the light being so far away that it would strech more but it really hasnt.

They next few are of the Northern Lights, Its looking real nice. Lots of branching and shoots coming out, i will be lollipoping this one for sure to try and get the most from it.

THe only thing i have questions about are the pictures below. These are all spots where i either FIMMED or Topped and there is no growth. Most of the spots look like they may be dead. I wonder if this is cause they were dehydrated and not getting enough water to keep up or what? do you think this will get better or is it a live and learn kinda thing?
DSC005004.JPG

DSC004922.JPG

how long ago did you top or fim them? i know when i first did it i didnt knkow what the hell i was doing and didnt really notice the change in growth until deep in to veg, i like didnt even know if i did it right, but once the plant gets older you'll be able to see the different growth patterns.

BTW This picture is like a perfect Picture to tell Indica Plant from Sativa Plant

Indica(Left)/Sativa(Right)

DSC004965.JPG

ilikebike said:
how long ago did you top or fim them? i know when i first did it i didnt knkow what the hell i was doing and didnt really notice the change in growth until deep in to veg, i like didnt even know if i did it right, but once the plant gets older you'll be able to see the different growth patterns.

BTW This picture is like a perfect Picture to tell Indica Plant from Sativa Plant

Indica(Left)/Sativa(Right)

Because the look on the Mazaar is it safe to say 80 plus % indica with how short and stout it is? I can tell the difference in the leafs but that's it.

I fimmed 5 days ago.

ilikebike said:
thats what i ment in the leaves, my B if i confused you.

Well only 5 days ago thats not much time. i bet you will notice new growth in say 2 weeks

Alright thanks man, I guess I some how thought I would see a Y split growth right away. Guess I'm more impatient then I thought. xD

i've seen similar pictures after fimming. its normal for them to look like that if you snip they baby fan leaves coming in.. at the point you probably saw them they were so small and stringy they probably looked like the growth you wanted to snip. i had a couple look like that when i fimmed but they started growing pretty much after about 2-3 days. i cant begin to wonder why your growth stopped on that 1. it doesnt look like its dieing just yet so i think your in luck still with that one bud :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom