First Timer - Hoping for Big Things to Happen - 400 HPS White Rhino

Update time. So, I just got back into town and I had a buddy taking care of things while I was gone. I'm 3 weeks into flower and I love the way things are looking. Although, I did find a damn bug on one of the plants. Hopefully there will be no more of those. If he was munching on them, I'm sure he was feeling quited medicated. Lots of frosty goodness starting to appear. Should I be trimming some of the fan leaves coming out of the flowers to let some light down below? Things are looking quite bushy. I'm not really sure how important all these leaves are. I don't want to affect the buds in a negative way. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Here are some pics.

Notice the guy looking for a free meal
DSC_3887.JPG

DSC_3910.JPG

DSC_3900.JPG

DSC_3893.JPG

Here are some frosty white afros
DSC_3902.JPG

DSC_3901.JPG

DSC_3898.JPG

DSC_3895.JPG

DSC_3894.JPG

Hey greentrees mate,
Glad you subbed on mine and happy to help in the past bro. Your girls look great mate , especially for a first grow!!! Smashing it mate!! :) On the question, once the stretch has finished like it has its ok to remove some pans to let the light in the middle. I just did the same, removed all the crap on the bottom to let air flow around better and to pass power to the tops where it is needed.

I also removed SOME top ones to let the light into the middle of the plant and the middle buds changed in 1 day. Just dont take too much in one go as it will stunt growth for a few days but its ok to remove a fair few ish mate :thumb:

Hey guys,
Things are looking AWESOME! :party: Right now, I'm at week 4. CFL, I've been trimming them a bit and really trying to expose some of the lower flowers. I'm still getting some yellowing on the bottom. I just pluck those out. They are very bushy so I'm assuming the plants don't need those leaves too much. I did however break down and buy some stonger nutes (Maxibloom from general hydroponics). I still continuely feed them with molassas and I mix in some worm castings and few other things to make up a nice tea. They are starting to smell amazing. I can't even go in the tent without having to change my clothes when done because I smell like the girls for the next hour. I want to pluck off a piece of popcorn to try it out but I'm trying to stay strong and wait till the end. Plus, I don't want to flush them right now. I did give them another dose of CO2 yesterday as well. I can always see a noticeable difference a few hours after doing that. Some of the hairs are just starting to turn a bit orange which I think is a good sign that they are progressing and taking another step forward. I've heard anywhere from 7-9 weeks on flowering (come on 7) Here's a few pics. Enjoy the show.

DSC_3921.JPG

DSC_3923.JPG

DSC_3925.JPG

DSC_3931.JPG

DSC_3933.JPG

DSC_3935.JPG

DSC_3938.JPG

DSC_3939.JPG

DSC_3949.JPG

DSC_3950.JPG

DSC_3951.JPG

DSC_3952.JPG

They look great mate, no harm in trying a bit of bottom popcorn. Just take from the bottom where they not getting light anyway, it'l only aid the tops. looks like your going to have a fine harvest bud!

HELP!!!!!!!!
I gave them a feeding about 4 days ago and went out of town. I just got back today and things are not looking good. Lots of droppy yellow and brown leaves. Did I over amp them on the nutes. I have also been giving them the molassas tea for every water (even with the nutes). I just gave them a good drink of just plain tap water. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

DSC0001518.JPG

DSC0001620.JPG

DSC0001711.JPG

DSC0001817.JPG

DSC0001920.JPG

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. I flushed them all like crazy so I hope things will be alright. It's like a damn Greek tradegy. I'm 5 weeks into flower and so close. I pulled off a lot more of the bad leaves. Hope they come back swinging. I thought I needed to keep feeding them because I was still getting some yellow leaves on the bottom. Maybe that was from a little over feeding already (or maybe that just happens naturally). Do you think I should just feed tap water from here on out or should I give them a few lite feeding when things get better? As always, thanks for steering me back in the right direction.

This is what I pulled off today not including what I pulled yesterday.
DSC0002711.JPG

Hows the drainage on them pots mate, they look over nuted from over watering to me. When you over water they droop like that. How heavy are your pots and how wet is the medium. Moer water may make it worse mate. Check that first.

Re: First timer hoping for big things to happen. 400 hps white rhino.

Hey there, I am looking at your humidity level in this pic and I agree with the others,you gotta raise your humidity in there. I ran across a lot of similar problems and the source was the lack of moisture in the air. Try what you can, a vaporizor, wet towels, steaming water, but raise the humidity to betweeen 55 an 65%. Also, if you come across the problem where your Ph is too hgh, try this; TBSP epsom salts to a gallon of distilled water,(you can leave the gallon capless overnight to home distill it), spray the solution to the stem where it meets the soil until wet for a few days, it will drop your Ph right down to where it needs to be. If your lights are too close it will burn the leaves and make it look like they are suffering from a deficiency or toxicity. The epsom solution will also help to open up the roots to absorb more nutrients in the case of a calcium blockage, it restricts the roots from absorbing needed nitrogen. Have a merry growing season.:Namaste:

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Sorry about the short absence but been a little busy the last week. Things are looking better as far as not as many droopy leaves but I'm still pulling off some. I'm not sure if I overamped or if it was a drainage issue. I have never had a problem with the drainage before. There are 20 holes about a centimeter in diameter drilled in the bottom of each bucket. I flushed 5 days ago and the buckets are still pretty heavy so maybe there is some sort of blockage all of the sudden. What would cause that? I haven't given them anything else since and I'm wondering if I should give them one last dose of nutes before giving the final flush. I am at 40 days into flower and lots of the hairs are starting to turn orange. So far I have been good and haven't pulled off a piece of popcorn yet. I gonna try to stay strong and wait till harvest which I'm guessing will be in about 2-3 weeks. Any advice is always welcome. Thanks everyone. :Namaste:

DSC_3973.JPG

DSC_3974.JPG

DSC_3975.JPG

DSC_3966.JPG

DSC_3957.JPG

DSC_3963.JPG

DSC_3965.JPG

DSC_3971.JPG

DSC_3972.JPG

DSC_3956.JPG

Back
Top Bottom