First Timer - Hoping for Big Things to Happen - 400 HPS White Rhino

Thanks wildbill! So, I think that there is might be some sort of blockage or drainage issue. I'm at day 6 since the last water and the soil is still moist and the pots are still heavy. Sarah had mentioned something about adding some epsom salt to help open up the roots from a calcium blockage. Could that be the problem? Has anyone else experienced this? There were some more droppy leaves again this morning. Not a lot but some on each plant. I feel like they are locked up somehow. Also, I had an avacodo seed sitting some water in the tent that I was trying to germinate. Today, I noticed some white fuzzy mold growing on the seed. I pulled it out and checked the buds and didn't see any fuzz on them. I hope I don't get any mold this far along. Thanks guys :peacetwo:

Told you it's a water issue mate. The defo over watered leaves. Droopy a F**k and locking out nutes. I wouldn't add anything, just let them dry out on their own. Its not too bad as its only affecting the bottoms , they be fine.

As for the mould on the seed. If a seed isnt going to germinate and it stays in the water too long the water goes stagnant around the seed and mould forms. Just put it into new water. But if the seed has now gone really dark then its probably dead now anyway.

So I started flushing with distilled water yesterday. I gave the girls their last dose of nutes 6 days ago. The nugs look great but the leaves are looking a bit rough. Hopefully at this point that isn't too big a deal. Some are yellow and crispy on the ends and some have some rust spots on them. One plant (the original runt) is a nice shade of green probably with the best looking colas on it. I have heard that you're supposed to flush for 2 weeks before harvest so that's the plan. I am about 6 1/2 weeks into flower. Is there any more prep I should be doing for harverst time. I'm excited!!! It looks like they have been sugar blasted with trichs. I also started a little cloning experiment but I'm not sure how well they are going to turn out. I cut the clones 4 weeks into flower and let them get their roots while under the flower light. I have sinced moved to a different location and put under a 24 hour light. They have gone back into veg but the leaves aren't really spikey. The edges are more rounded. I'm not quite sure what that means or how they are going to turn out but we will see. If anyone has any suggestions here, I'd be happy to hear them. I hope everyone's gardens are looking lush and big.

clones
DSC_3976.JPG

DSC_3977.JPG

The ladies
DSC_39791.JPG

DSC_39811.JPG

DSC_39821.JPG

DSC_3983.JPG

DSC_3984.JPG

DSC_3985.JPG

DSC_3986.JPG

DSC_3987.JPG

Those are some beautiful cola's.:bravo:I am very interested in your clone experiment.How did you get your roots to start?I have some from 3 week flower plant that I used cloner to get roots started.How long have they been re-vegged?Mine are about a week and they dont look like they have done much growing.I'll be doing a update soon on them if you dont mind stopping by my journal and let me know what ya think.:thanks:Jimmy6K

Hey Jimmy,

I just used some seed starter pods and clonex. I put them in a tray with a plastic lid over the top and let them take root while under the 12/12. Once the roots started showing out the sides of the pods, I put them in pots and put them on a 24 cycle. I would say that was 10 days ago it took them about 5-6 to start vegging. Right now the leaves are small and as you can see more rounded on the edges than usual but they are bushing out a lot already. I might drop the lights down to 18/6 but not for sure yet. This is my first time cloning, 2nd garden all together. I will keep an eye on yours as well. How is your RH looking? I have a mister in there which keeping it up at around 50-60% at the moment. I used it on my last vegg and it seemed like it really got things going.

I am getting a lot of yellowing, browning at the tips, and curling leaves. Everyday, I remove a handful. Is this normal when you get close to harvest or when you flush your plants? One plant has remained a nice deep green color but the others are starting to look unhealthy. Should I add a lite dose of nutes or just let them be. I heard that they need a 2 week flush to taste right and get the nutes out (prob don't want to be smoking those). Please help if anyone has any suggestions or let me know that they are OK for peace of mind. Please and thanks. :Namaste:

DSC_3993.JPG

DSC_3994.JPG

DSC_3995.JPG

Here's the only one that still looks healthy
DSC_4000.JPG

Things looking big in there mate, :goodjob: The rust spots are a calcium deff mate but it wont really matter this far in now. You could feed some calcium if you wanted but I wouldn't bother.

The reason your leaves on the clones are rounded is because they are in re-veg. When you take a cutting off a flowering plant the first few new leaves grow deformed or round on the edges. Its normal and it will stop soon.

All is great here though mate, glad you going to get a good harvest from these :)

Reps to you and your girls

Thanks JB for clearing that up. I'll just let them do thier thing and finish up with some ugly leaves. The buds are looking tasty. I'm gonna harvest here in about a week and a half. Hopefully I'll have a good smoke report. I might just throw these clones outside and see how they grow. I have a friend who has some land out in the country who would let me put them out there. I would be happy to split with him whatever is yielded. Has anyone here ever tried to take a clone off a clone? Will the quality still be the same?

Some people say you will loose the genetics after many times but some say they do it all the time with no potency loss. But seen as yours is just 3 times it shouldn't hurt at all.

Hello 420,

So the plants are looking a little rough. Everyday, there are more yellow leaves, droopy leaves, rust spots, burnt tips, etc. I know that these are some deficiencies but I'm suprised they are happening so fast and drastically. These girls are HUNGRY! I've only been flushing for a little over a week. I hope this is normal around harvest time Even some of the buds are falling over that were standing up strong. The buds still look and smell great but the plants themselves look like they need to see a doc. I'll probably harvest sometime in the next few days. It won't be a full 2 week flush but close. Is there any final preps I should do before, during, and after harvest? I'm gonna try to cure them a bit but any suggestions are always welcome. Thanks guys.

Time for a photo update. I got a POS magnifier that's very hard to get a good focus on but it looks like some of the trichs are turning cloudy and amber. :party: I'm not really worried about the leaves looking rough any more. Should I give them one good drink of H2O before harvest or does it matter? The clones are turning into nice little bushes without any training. The weather is finally getting warmer so I'm going to move them outside here soon. I hope a week and a half is sufficient for flushing. Hope you guys have been enjoying the show. :theband:

The little ladies
DSC_4002.JPG

The cougers
DSC_4003.JPG

DSC_4004.JPG

DSC_4005.JPG

DSC_4007.JPG

DSC_4012.JPG

DSC_4014.JPG

Back
Top Bottom