First Timer, LandoC Attempting Indoor Purple Kush In Soil, 2020

Looking good! Dropping that light should get that under growth out there. Spacing between nodes looks great, just not much growth from the lower nodes. They will take off! Are you going to top them? Its def time to if you are. That will let the under growth catch up as well.

Thanks HunterNitro! The lower growth has made an advancement already...yes I have been thinking it’s time to top soon? Should I top them all at once? or do the taller 2 first, give it a couple days, then do the shorter 2? Perhaps they will all be closer to a flat canopy then?

Either way the bigger plants will always outgrow the others. If you top the tallest now and wait, by the time you top the other two the big ones will be ahead and still out grow them. I would top all 4 at the same time personally. I top at the 4-5th node. Yours are ready to be topped.

I would just top them when ever. I actually use a different method than most here. Its almost zero stress. All you do is open up the very top growth, and bend over to the side, the new very small growth in the middle and it snaps very easy. This is the easiest, least stressful way to top a plant. Let me see if I can find a decent picture to show you how.

So for this I just opened up the fans and in the middle you can see this small "new" growth that i bent over and broke. I would just bend this to the right, away from any of the other growth and it snaps right off. You have now topped her. That will grow 2 tops instead of 1 now. 3 leaves are a node. Only the first one leaf is not a node.

1593815382654.png

Perfect! So easy and you dont have to actually cut your main stalk down 1-3 nodes like a lot do when "topping". I dont know, I just started doing it this way and see no reason not to always do it this way. I top many times during a single grow to get multiple main tops and keep the plant level and this is just so easy. My next grow I will be a lot more cautious with topping and what I want to keep. All lower nodes will be cut and will only be keeping the main "Y" where I topped at, and then top from there about 4 times. Just my plan as of right now anyway. I want 12+ inch colas about 6+ inches wide =)

I hope all my American friends had an amazing 4th weekend! Happy Monday?
It’s 4 weeks for the Kush sisters today, so far still growing! They all got topped over the weekend, now I just wait for them to recover. I suppose I need to do some math today, to see what my height restrictions are...it seems I need to allow for a doubling in height. With enough clearance above the light for cooling...perhaps 12-18” above? I don’t want to make the mistake of flipping to late!

Attachments

• 6031A41E-A861-4786-8CBB-36F8DFAF7200.jpeg
    6031A41E-A861-4786-8CBB-36F8DFAF7200.jpeg
    898.9 KB · Views: 52
  • CE6B518A-0E64-45F9-90AF-1997A97CE565.jpeg
    CE6B518A-0E64-45F9-90AF-1997A97CE565.jpeg
    938 KB · Views: 54
  • 03D10E5C-3D85-4773-90A6-6B16C426D48E.jpeg
    03D10E5C-3D85-4773-90A6-6B16C426D48E.jpeg
    808.6 KB · Views: 55
Perfect topping! Looking good. Yes you want to be able to raise at least the 12 inches if not a little more if you start to get burn. They will stretch a lot more than you think. What size pots are you going to transplant in for final pots?

For pots I was thinking 1g, 3g, then 5, or 7? Or do I just go into a 5g next? I want to get into the final container before I flip? Is 3 big enough? I am using Geo-Pots all the way up as well. So many questions as a new grower!

I would keep up potting like you are planning. Just dont let it get to big that you cant up pot due to size. I like to build the root mass with multiple up pots instead of just straight going to the final pot. I think 1, to 3, to your 5 or 7 will be good. Ive flowered in both 5 and 7 gallon cloth pots like you have. The 7 gallon I could skip an extra day in flower on the watering. So its really just how big you are wanting them to get and preference. You can flower in either 5 or 7 gallon for sure. Yes you want them in the final pot at least a week or two before you flip. I like for them to fully recover from the transplant before I Flip.

Feel free to ask away on 420 mag! Learn as much as you can. First hand experience is always the best, and you are doing great!

Thanks again Hunter! They are growing quickly now, and I certainly don’t wanna screw up the flowering...I would really like to smoke some good buds! I Never really thought about the height of the pots until I just did a rough sketch...I had it in my mind that a 7’11” ceiling would be plenty...the head height disappears quickly with fans, and filters up there. Will go see if any re-configurations can possibly give me more height? I’m hoping for at least 4’ to work with here: which means at 2’ I need to flip....after reading many grow journals, I am really starting to see what benefits scrogging would have! Seems like it would be easier to have more control of canopy heights. Hmmm

Scrogging is the way to go in a tent IMO. At least some type of Trellis netting that you can somewhat train to keep them even and also for support of your plants. Yes I would move anything over head like fan and filter to the side or back so your light can go all the way to the top. Do it while they are small lol!!!

Indeed while they are small! I was thinking of getting what I need today, and reconfiguring pronto like!
Going into a 3 gallon once they heal up, and resume the regular growth pattern seems logical? Depending on growth? I may only have a few weeks before they are 2’ tall...I’m surprised by the growth so far! I guess topping multiple time helps to slow down as well...thanks again!

LandoC you are a natural! Nitro is giving you all the good info and you are doing
great research as well. Reminds me of my first grow; more questions than answers.
I am having some issues this grow but most are my fault. I think I can correct them
and only add a little time to my grow. We are in a time dead heat but that will
change towards Harvest because we are growing different strains (Gelato for me).:goodluck:
By the way I am going from small pot to 3 gal then to 7 gal about 3 weeks before flip.

Thanks Magicbear! It seems I am motivated with a possible outcome of some strong smoke!
I hope you’re back on track in no time...what size of pot are you in now?
3 in small grow pots and first plant is in a 3 gal fabric air pot. Come look at pics. :welcome:
I will up pot 2 more at around day 28 or 1 month. Resilient plants because I am
messing with them way too much; doing things twice is not good. Be patient and
do it right the first time no matter what it is. :thumb:

Popped the ladies outta the tent for a good feeding tonite, grabbed a couple quick pics. The toppings all seem to be healing up, lower growth is starting to advance...almost time for an up-pot! Learning lots of great things from you guys here @420magazine lots of great people with a ton of knowledge!
Making things go a whole lot smoother 100% of the time...

Attachments

• 60EEE398-FE0D-44B0-92A6-0E22509C7BF5.jpeg
    60EEE398-FE0D-44B0-92A6-0E22509C7BF5.jpeg
    905.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 19995943-42E9-4FB0-8847-F7F94180AF36.jpeg
    19995943-42E9-4FB0-8847-F7F94180AF36.jpeg
    921.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 3A5AC8D5-92A4-4BE2-874E-D02955B5481F.jpeg
    3A5AC8D5-92A4-4BE2-874E-D02955B5481F.jpeg
    972.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 2C5A898E-596C-499B-9C4E-4D1FD6542839.jpeg
    2C5A898E-596C-499B-9C4E-4D1FD6542839.jpeg