First Timer, LandoC Attempting Indoor Purple Kush In Soil, 2020

I love how close the nodes are and the growth on them. They are looking great!

Have you figured out a method to water with and suck/drain the runoff out of your tent? I would be working on that while they are small and coming up with something. You will not want to move them in flower due to size and if you put some type of support up you wont be able to. Things to think about. My first soil grow I learned the hard way and it was a lot of work when watering every other day lol... I use a big plastic tote that is meant to slide under you bed for storage now for my soil grows. I can flush 10 gallons through them and suck it right out with no spills or mess. Keep up the good work!

Hmmm? Thanks again @HunterNitro! I will work that one out today...i like your big plastic tote idea, that with a shop vac to suck up the run off. Thanks for sharing that, and saving me the headache later on! I have some boot mats down now, but will need something that can hold more runoff!

I opened up the tent to figure out a few things, and noticed some leaf tips curling down...The Claw?
I have been watering with half strength nutrients, I do have amendments in my soil too. Should I be going to just straight water in a day or two? Also when I up-pot, should I just go straight pro-mix no additives?

Attachments

• 6FE1BF31-9890-448B-BB52-FB2DE1C72D1B.jpeg
    6FE1BF31-9890-448B-BB52-FB2DE1C72D1B.jpeg
    936.5 KB · Views: 46
I’m also starting to think 5 in a 4x4 isn’t really a great idea? I originally planned for 4...1 seed almost didn’t make it, now she’s growing strong.
Grow...and learn! 4 is actually probably to many in this tight space.

Thanks again for that watering/draining/not moving them scenario HunterNitro! Getting closer to making it work, with supplies that are close to home. I can comfortably up-pot now, and try the shop-vac technique for sucking up the drainage.8C157F75-4A2B-40EE-99E8-D9CB6679467F.jpeg:passitleft::passitleft:

Awesome!! Setup looking great. Shop vac should work great. For me, 5 plants is a lot for one tent and one 600 watt. The most ive ever flowered is 2 plants on a 600 watt. It really depends on what style grow you are wanting to do. If you train them and do a handful of main colas on each like some of the guys on here then you could get away with 5. Just dont let them get to many tops that you run out of room lol. Someone with more experience with that many in a tent may be able to give you some more info and what you should do. I had 4 in a room once, I built another room and bought another 600 watt :laughtwo: :p

This is what I use for my water transfer and works really well because you can get in tight spots and its cheap, $15:

1594237908990.png

Awesome!! Setup looking great. Shop vac should work great. For me, 5 plants is a lot for one tent and one 600 watt. The most ive ever flowered is 2 plants on a 600 watt. It really depends on what style grow you are wanting to do. If you train them and do a handful of main colas on each like some of the guys on here then you could get away with 5. Just dont let them get to many tops that you run out of room lol. Someone with more experience with that many in a tent may be able to give you some more info and what you should do. I had 4 in a room once, I built another room and bought another 600 watt :laughtwo: :p

This is what I use for my water transfer and works really well because you can get in tight spots and its cheap, $15:

1594237908990.png
Best transfer pump I've ever owned...
:thumb:

Thanks again for the advice @HunterNitro! The transfer pump, and shop vac method is genius!
Got the girls into new homes last night...they seem to be liking it so far, very perky this morning they are. Things are getting more dialed in as I move along here. Definitely learning as I go! Here they are from seed at 32 days today.

Attachments

• 13C7DCC3-7EA9-405D-AAC4-A2B0E9279B4F.jpeg
    13C7DCC3-7EA9-405D-AAC4-A2B0E9279B4F.jpeg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 45
  • CF52F053-BC51-48BB-86AE-8AE355CB2F4B.jpeg
    CF52F053-BC51-48BB-86AE-8AE355CB2F4B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • 13DDFA6A-E469-4E8B-A18C-14CBB966C3F8.jpeg
    13DDFA6A-E469-4E8B-A18C-14CBB966C3F8.jpeg
    814.4 KB · Views: 54
I hope it speeds up a Bit? They are growing so fast in height,they’re almost at the 50/50 split for the stretch. I may have to flip soon? Or build a strong net...a crash course in scrogging perhaps? Or just watch and learn, and alter my methods next go round?

Happy Saturday everyone! Hope the day is treating you right...
Junior Growers log day 33, everything seems green so far. I got the canopy height all equidistant from the light. 4 of them in 5 gallon pots, the runt is in a 3 gallon...I’m between 24”-25” height from the ground up, if I have done my math correctly? I only have 2”-3” of growth height remaining until I’m at the half way point. Which would mean I may have to flip to 12/12 soon...ish. I would like to get at least 6 weeks from seed before the flip. Maybe I can go an inch or two more? How far will the Purple Kush stretch? Tune in, in approximately 5 weeks for the answer?

Attachments

• C7248C3F-0AB7-4DA7-9DC5-EE2CABA2A684.jpeg
    C7248C3F-0AB7-4DA7-9DC5-EE2CABA2A684.jpeg
    950 KB · Views: 51
  • CAEB18BF-62F7-4D5B-A2CD-63EB84904C64.jpeg
    CAEB18BF-62F7-4D5B-A2CD-63EB84904C64.jpeg
    844.5 KB · Views: 51
Aloha Lando! As far as how much those purple kush babies will stretch at the flip who knows. You could get some binder clips and pipe cleaners and start gently training them down now all the way through the stretch after the flip.

That’s what I like to do and I’ll get some extra colas from the under growth during the stretch. I’ve gotten so used to training my plants I really don’t think about height as much anymore but I do try to get a even canopy as best I can.

Plants look happy and healthy and I’m looking forward to seeing them throwing out some big stinking buds!

:passitleft:

Aloha Lando! As far as how much those purple kush babies will stretch at the flip who knows. You could get some binder clips and pipe cleaners and start gently training them down now all the way through the stretch after the flip.

That’s what I like to do and I’ll get some extra colas from the under growth during the stretch. I’ve gotten so used to training my plants I really don’t think about height as much anymore but I do try to get a even canopy as best I can.

Plants look happy and healthy and I’m looking forward to seeing them throwing out some big stinking buds!

:passitleft:

Mahalo Sunny! I will try and source out some pipe cleaners today...I have some plant ties, which aren’t as squishy, and soft as pipe cleaners.
Peace and love my brother!

Happy Sunday 420, time to wake and bake!
Question for you experienced HID growers, when I switch to 12/12 should I swap the bulb to HPS? Or leave the MH for the first 2 weeks, then switch to HPS? Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions...MH helps with reducing the stretch? HPS at the swap makes potency, and yields go up? I certainly like the 2nd choice, if HPS does make them denser, and more potent!

Happy Sunday 420, time to wake and bake!
Question for you experienced HID growers, when I switch to 12/12 should I swap the bulb to HPS? Or leave the MH for the first 2 weeks, then switch to HPS? Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions...MH helps with reducing the stretch? HPS at the swap makes potency, and yields go up? I certainly like the 2nd choice, if HPS does make them denser, and more potent!
I put the hps in on the flip .

Ive been gone a few days. Looking good. How tall is your tent? You have the 4 x 4 x 8 gorilla dont you? If so, you still have plenty of time/room. You need to let those plants get bushy and all the growth to catch up. I would top them a few times before I switched. Your plants are only around 12 inches right now right?

I always change to HPS the day I switch to 12/12. You want your plants to stretch during the first of flower.

Welcome back! 4x4x8 indeed, plants overall height in the pots is at almost 25”...the tallest plant is now 17”, they are lanky! If they double in height? I have about 3-4” left to grow, I can perhaps push a little further? I don’t want to run out of room. Here’s a picture I just took this morning.

Attachments

• C2532473-AE4A-45A3-B90E-DA3574262475.jpeg
    C2532473-AE4A-45A3-B90E-DA3574262475.jpeg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 43
You dont count the pot as being the measurement of the plant and when calculating stretch. I know you are worried about running out of space but I believe you are over thinking the stretch/height of your plants to much lol. You can run your HPS 6-12 inches from your plants in flower. Those will get no where near 7.5 feet tall as of right now.

Your plants are the complete opposite of "Lanky". A lanky cannabis plant has very little growth vs stem and the nodes in between are many inches apart. Your plants are exactly how it should look in this stage. They are still just young. Lanky comes from lack of light.

Have they showed sex yet?

Back
Top Bottom